Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

DOW in Free Fall Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bcraig73450
Posted : Friday, October 10, 2008 10:39:41 AM

At 8500 the DOW has fallen through resistance at 9012 ad appears to be headed for support at 7473. This would be a 47% decline.

If it doesn't stop at 7473, lookout below!

bcraig73450
Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 10:15:16 PM
The support and resistance levels look the same on all time frames, Daily, Weekly, and monthly.

Hushai
Posted : Saturday, October 11, 2008 11:11:57 PM

Wasn't this predicted weeks ago by Bigblock?

http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35214

tobydad
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:45:06 AM

Yes, Bigblock, among many others, talked about this. In fact, in a moment of sheer genius, he said, 

"I think there is still a little more room for shorts." Yeah, a little more room.

The unfortunate lesson to also be learned from Bigblock is that if you have something worth saying but alienate people around you in the process of saying it, you reveal that your motives are questionable. 

In any event, yes, he did talk about this quite a bit. As did many of us.
diceman
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:37:31 AM
"The unfortunate lesson to also be learned from Bigblock is that if you have something worth saying but alienate people around you in the process of saying it, you reveal that your motives are questionable."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Yes there was a little analysis between the yelling and screaming.

By the way analysis should always be updated. After all this was
"predicted" in the 1980's, the 1990's and the 2000's.

Say: "there will be bad times ahead"  and I guarantee you will be
correct one day.

Thanks
diceman
awshucks
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 8:03:59 PM
I don't know tobydad, since when did couching ones words in either a mewling or an aggressive manner validate or invalidate what was being said?  

If there is a lesson to be learned, it lies in how far we have fallen from base principles.

You can 'alienate' a lier quite easily by exposing a lie...and if you do so without compromise, is that wrong?  Additionally, if a reader wishes to stick their head in the sand due to a perceived slight, is it not their own choice? 

Yes, BigBlock was uncompromising in his opinions  However I  don't believe anything he did warranted being 'silenced'.  If that were the case, Apsll and others here (perhaps myself included) should be banned without recourse.  We exist in a pluralistic society of free expression and those who dissagree with said should really move to China and embrace the opposite...and that includes Worden Management.  

Is that not what a discussion board is for?  Two parties (at least) at loggerheads (at times in extremis) and the readers formulating their own opinion based on the quality of what is written?

Screw perceived 'tone'...state the issue plainly.  If people have a problem, let them post their own view and work from their own assumptions or go away.  I for one tire of this slavish 'go along to get along' mentality. 
awshucks
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:04:47 PM
bcraig...I do note your volume trigger fired for the SP, COMPQ and DJ as well as $AMAD.  Thats not the signal I was looking for.
awshucks
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:48:57 PM
Hushai/Chusai = BigBlock?

tobydad
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 10:21:11 PM

QUOTE (awshucks)
I don't know tobydad, since when did couching ones words in either a mewling or an aggressive manner validate or invalidate what was being said?  

If there is a lesson to be learned, it lies in how far we have fallen from base principles.

You can 'alienate' a lier quite easily by exposing a lie...and if you do so without compromise, is that wrong?  Additionally, if a reader wishes to stick their head in the sand due to a perceived slight, is it not their own choice? 

Yes, BigBlock was uncompromising in his opinions  However I  don't believe anything he did warranted being 'silenced'.  If that were the case, Apsll and others here (perhaps myself included) should be banned without recourse.  We exist in a pluralistic society of free expression and those who dissagree with said should really move to China and embrace the opposite...and that includes Worden Management.  

Is that not what a discussion board is for?  Two parties (at least) at loggerheads (at times in extremis) and the readers formulating their own opinion based on the quality of what is written?

Screw perceived 'tone'...state the issue plainly.  If people have a problem, let them post their own view and work from their own assumptions or go away.  I for one tire of this slavish 'go along to get along' mentality. 

Don't know how many of Bigblock's posts that you have read; there was nothing perceived about his tone. While he was here the threads became ridiculously distracted with Romper Room level personal attacks. One could not focus on the opinions, stated straightforward or otherwise, for the "noise". 

By the way, Apsll has been banned as well. He wouldn't stick to the point either. It all became too distracting. The forum got quiet for a while but now a new group of informed contributors are here. Everyone should Google for the poem, "The Indispensible Man".
jimstacy
Posted : Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:54:26 PM
If any one has the time to look back, well before the topping action began, we had a topic some thing about how the dow would play out. I believe my post has come out the closest to the mkt action to today. my ending comment was we will see around 2010, the action up to the 14,000 toping action I called an up thrust. this was because we didn't know and still don't know how the dow will come out of this long term trading range. the action in trading range will can play out the rest of the action in this trading range cycle, it has to build potential for higher or more down side as it ends. just pointing out any one can by reading the precomputer minds make the same judgement in the future. My learning was Wyckoff with some Gann and Elliot early on. I found Wyckoff more to the issues a more complete study. Joe Granville and Worden a little.
awshucks
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:36:13 AM

tobydad....I've lurked and even posted for a decent span of time.  Have been aware of the 'grand altercation' for some time.  And there continues to be a paucity of men able (or willing) to help others.  That both those individuals were willing to do so is more to the point than whether or not they considered themselves indispensible.

I suppose it comes down to ethics...and whether one believes that all men of character (ie those who do not meekly surrender belief) are indispensible.  I would tend to think that they are.

diceman
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 9:08:08 AM
awshucks

I think it should be noted  that this is not the  "town square".
It is a forum moderated by others and their rules must
be followed.

Your neighbor can ask you to leave his living room
based on your statements. I'm not sure I would call it being
"silenced".

It is also somewhat of a stretch to consider anger, name calling,
condescension, as "help".

If true debate/ideas were silenced that would be of more concern.

(if one was fond of the Apsll/BigBlock discussions you can always
invite them over for tea)

Thanks
diceman

tobydad
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 9:29:28 AM

awshucks;

I will not engage in a protracted conversation on this; we appear to be of contradictory persuasions. So be it. But it is an argument indefensible that there is a difference between speaking bluntly for the benefit of others and self-promotion. 

The posts in question appeared to begin as the former but, in most instances, degenerated into the latter. 

Now, so that we do not engender the same pattern all over again, I will politely offer that I will respond to any questions or comments directed to me but, otherwise, will excuse myself from this conversation. I don't see it going anywhere worthwhile. 

All the best.
bcraig73450
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 10:45:57 AM
My intention in beginning this thread was to stimulate discussion of possible retracement to resistance and falling to support..

Instead all it has happened is that it  has provided another platform for discussion of Bigblock's ranting and raving.  I have heard enough of that in other threads.

Bigblock's pollution extends to threads without his presence and I am sorry I started this.
Hushai
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:05:11 PM

QUOTE (bcraig73450)
My intention in beginning this thread was to stimulate discussion of possible retracement to resistance and falling to support..

Instead all it has happened is that it  has provided another platform for discussion of Bigblock's ranting and raving.  I have heard enough of that in other threads.

Bigblock's pollution extends to threads without his presence and I am sorry I started this.

I really found no pollution in the particular thread that I pointed - http://www.worden.com/training/default.aspx?g=posts&t=35214
well that is to say until Apsll came along as I understand(well at that particular time Apsll under a disguising name -Ptolemy).
Bigblock was straight down to the point of his analysys, and with specific terms.  And it seems all he wanted to do is to provide firm speculation.  If you actually go back to the first Market Analysis - he was right on about that turn also.  Yes he had been posting for a while before the market analysis threads with a gloomy view on the state of the economy, but he was also right on that.

Also to the allegations of others, I see not selfpromotion in this particular topics,  yes I read some other threads in which you can allegate to some of that - but it seems it wasn't inteded or initiated.  It seems that it was more by request.  Nonetheless despise a couple of instances of that it seems Bigblock accepted the terms imposed by the moderators and that was the end of  "selfpromoting".

At any rate, it seems that the comments of awshucks in this topic are right down right in my opinion.  What is a debate without freedom of opinion or ideas?

As for the intentions of bcraig, it is my opinion that they had the expected effect - that is to promote debate and the flow of different ideas.  I am not sure why he is sorry he started this.
On the other hand, I would be weary if the intentions he had were other than that.

bcraig73450
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 1:40:08 PM
Is Hushai a pseudonym for Bigblock?

I can agree that apsll contributed to the pollution.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 6:43:45 PM

Hey bcraig, don't be sorry about starting it. I just got a little side tracked and, for that, I apologize. Let's get on with the discussion. Hushai and I can disagree on the point about Bigblock, no big deal. We can all still contribute to a worthwhile discussion on things financial.

On with the show.
Captain Jack
Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 8:24:32 AM

Although the gloomy forecast was obvious with or without Bigblocks forecast for most credible technicians, the recent crash was not visible. How could one see the category 2 storm turn to a category 5 so quickly. All you can do at this point is damage control. Predictions are nice but like a roulette table, the ball will land on someone’s number. 

We all know that Hushai is Bigblock and Apsll is floating around here somewhere. Let’s hope that they can keep it civil this time. Heck they are both liberals so maybe that will be enough common ground for them to stand on.

tobydad
Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:10:40 AM

Cap'n;

"We all know that Hushai is Bigblock and Apsll is floating around here somewhere. Let’s hope that they can keep it civil this time. Heck they are both liberals so maybe that will be enough common ground for them to stand on."

Good call. LOL.
jimstacy
Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 12:45:10 AM
QUOTE (Captain Jack)

Although the gloomy forecast was obvious with or without Bigblocks forecast for most credible technicians, the recent crash was not visible. How could one see the category 2 storm turn to a category 5 so quickly. All you can do at this point is damage control. Predictions are nice but like a roulette table, the ball will land on someone’s number. 

We all know that Hushai is Bigblock and Apsll is floating around here somewhere. Let’s hope that they can keep it civil this time. Heck they are both liberals so maybe that will be enough common ground for them to stand on.

for some one joining 10/6 you have a good grasp on old members, apsll?
Captain Jack
Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:33:22 AM
It is true that I am a past member and long time lurker, but never by that name. Sorry to disapoint you jim. I know how much he respected your opinion.
jimstacy
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 2:53:01 AM
Jack,
not disappointed, just taking a guess. disapointed is when you buy or short than the trade goes against U.
awshucks
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:50:08 AM

Ah.  Well at least we've identified the apologists for Big Brother, which suits me fine.  If one is wrong on something so base, then we can easily discount any market prognostications eminating from same as further errata.  Take the teabag and place it where you will.  ;~) 

Hushai/Chusai...thanks for the nod in favor of free expression.   

Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:11:51 AM

Awshucks, most are in favor of free expression, we are all free to pass gas in public but because we are civilized there is an understanding between most that social graces will be practiced.

Can one not express them selves without judging the merits of others input? Cannot civilized folk expect good manners and common decency? Expresion is healthy and welcome; recognizing that you are part of a community is intelligent.

awshucks
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:09:25 AM

Captain Jack,  for brevities sake, no.  

The euphamisms of community and civilization are poor cover for attacks on base freedom.  I am not a part of a community, except as I choose to participate as an individual.  The key being...my choice.  And I relinquish no rights via participation.  Any who would make that arguement belong in China or perhaps Rome rather than over here.  And subtlely equating my (or BigBlocks) opinions to a noxious odor is a Jesuit tactic.  Please tell me you do not hold with the character of such as those?

As to judging, man is given said faculty and encouraged to sharpen it, so long as they are not providing false witness.  That some chose blind obediance to a sharp perception is their choice and I cannot/will not gainsay it.  Their path is their own.  That does not mean I will not note it.

I declare my position plainly, let the chips fall where they may.  And if someone wishes to fire a shot across my bow in passing, I willingly oblige in counter-battery work of my own. 

diceman
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:13:25 AM
"If one is wrong on something so base, then we can easily discount any market prognostications eminating from same as further errata."

You are so correct.The weak players revealed themselves long before
things became un-civil.

This is nothing new. Leopards don't usually change their spots and
it certainly doesn't happen because one decides to trade.

Thanks
diceman
awshucks
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:23:21 AM

Lol Diceman, reminds me of a couple of impromptu street interviews done by Mike Wallace in Argentina...the last redoubt of the scoundrel is the claim that his adversary 'is not a gentleman.'

Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:29:49 AM

Awshucks, you take quite the liberties with my words. I have no plans to visit china thank you, I was not equating your opinions to any known toxic substances. Your defensive posture leaves me curious, so I did a little research and found some interesting threads where you and Bigblock are grooming each other like a pair of newlyweds. Poor Havenocents did not stand a chance against such a tandem. Now I know why he left.

Hushai
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 5:39:06 PM
QUOTE (diceman)
awshucks

be followed.

"silenced".

Thanks
diceman

be followed.

Then the rules must be clearly posted at the door so every one can see them when they come in.

"silenced".

You would be silenced within that living room - as you will not be allowed to express your ideas freely in that living room.  If your metaphoric comparison applies to this forum then those banned would be silenced in this forum, and also not everyone in the forum may be in unison as far as the banning of of those banned.  Seem it would be unfair to those banned as well as to those who didn't approve of the banning.

Can you please point me to the name calling?  I am not able to find any substantial name calling on this board no matter how far I go.  I see no four letter words, or any other considered vulgar language.

What is a true debate?  What is a true idea? Isn't a true debate a debate that is left to run its course by itself.  If not, I must agree with Awshuk - China should be our model.

Sorry but it seems that the forum has been FORCED to NOT invite them anymore.  That is regardless of any individual opinion.  
You always have the option not to read the ideas of others.  There you choose, and there is freedom.  When you take that away you get what you got.

Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:01:05 PM

Both Apsll & Bigblock knew the rules, they were warned many times over. They were finally asked to leave the living room. They were both passing gas in public and their disregard for others lack of tolerance was their undoing. They were not participating in any debate rather in a gladiatorial spectacle that was only appreciated by them.

Separately they were not bad guys but they could not make the concessions needed to coexist on the same forum. No not everyone wanted them to go, but this forum is not a democracy, like Diceman has already stated.

Hushai
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:33:06 PM

Captain remember one thing.  You are not my Captain.
We all know who we are.  
Lets be careful here not to flawed the fine line between true debate, false allegations, and unfair exposure.

It is my opinion that we should all go back to the "Dow in Free Fall" topic, and concentrate on that.

Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 7:59:08 PM
On that note, it almost looks like a double bottom. But I do not believe that we are finished with this nightmare quit yet. A possible respite before another heave. Lets just pray that McCain does not wind up in the white house.
johnlc
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:25:12 PM
this is beginning to look familiar
realitycheck
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 8:59:41 PM
QUOTE (johnlc)
this is beginning to look familiar

Ain't it though ??

Now do you see how history has a way of repeating itself ??

tobydad
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:11:32 PM

Curious Cap'n. Why pray that McCain does not wind up in the White House?
Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:45:38 PM
Now do you see how history has a way of repeating itself ??

No I think lessons have been learned here. We liberals embrace change.

Tobydad I think that we need to rebuild the middle class. every adminstration that strives to do this has had great success with econimic reform. I am not so sure that obama is the man to do this, "although it is on his agenda" I do know that it is not on McCains list of to does. When you have a strong middle class, "the shopers and the spenders" then money is flowing like the life blood of the economic machine. A good quote from me on another forum goes somthing like this and I think it says a lot about the not to far left Democrate.

Quote:
"I do not like the term take money from the ones who have it and give it to the poor. That is not an accurate description and has been distorted for way to long.

Let’s look at it from a different angle. This country is Capitalist. It is a privilege to have the right to sell a product to the masses and make a profit for your efforts. The government says that in order to have this privilege you must give a certain amount of these profits to us so that we can run an efficient economy and keep your customers pockets lined with disposable cash so that they can in turn spend more money buying your product. That is a good lesson on how a healthy economy works. The big corporations should be ok with this system and understand that without a thriving customer base then their business will suffer and in turn the whole system will collapse. Now enter the extreme right wing republican that upsets the status quo. They want the big corporations to keep more of their profits and take money away from the middle class having this false delusion that if there are more rich people than poor and the middle class is eliminated then we will have a utopia whereby the rich can fleece the poor.

This horrible system does not work and that is why time and again the right wing republicans fail. Why they are ever elected is a complete mystery to me.

And finally Tuke, Name one politician that has laid out their grand plan for all to see during their campaign and then did everything that they said they would. Reagan and Clinton were the last two that come to my mind". 

I know that you will not agree with me Tobydad becuase you are a conservative, but this is how I feel.
Captain Jack
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 9:49:11 PM
Bye the way has anyone looked at QID lately?????
johnlc
Posted : Thursday, October 16, 2008 10:14:13 PM
QUOTE (tobydad)

tobydad:    that question was a waste of your time and effort.   you know Cap'n J is from Kennedy Land.  

unfortunately the country is ready for a change.   it's pretty hard for a party to stay in the white house for more than 8 years unless things are really good.   between 9/11 resulting in the iraqi war  and the sub prime fiasco, the republicans don't have much of a chance.    plus i don't think the republicans ran a very good campaign.    that's just my mostly uninformed opinion 
diceman
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 12:20:24 AM
da-da  da-da
da-da  da-da

da-da  da-da
da-da  da-da

You unlock this door with the key of imagination.
Beyond it is another dimension.
A dimension of sound.
A dimension of sight.
A dimension of mind.
Your moving into a land of both shadow and
substance of things and ideas.
You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

funnymony
Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 1:08:36 AM

QUOTE (johnlc)
QUOTE (tobydad)

tobydad:    that question was a waste of your time and effort.   you know Cap'n J is from Kennedy Land.  

unfortunately the country is ready for a change.   it's pretty hard for a party to stay in the white house for more than 8 years unless things are really good.   between 9/11 resulting in the iraqi war  and the sub prime fiasco, the republicans don't have much of a chance.    plus i don't think the republicans ran a very good campaign.    that's just my mostly uninformed opinion 

the problem with the republicans aint the messenger its the message. frankly, i don't see much of a difference between nobama and mclame. and i'm not going to cast a vote just for the lesser of two evils. i'd just soon see the republicans get their house cleaned. mclame showed his colors when he gave the voters the finger and helped ram that bailout through. he brags about being a budget cutter and here he helps cut a check for 700 billion and hes not even in office yet. lol