TC2000.com• Download software • Tutorial videos • Subscription & data-feed pricing • Class schedule
TC2000Brokerage.com• New account application • Trading resources • Margin rates • Stock & option commissions
Worden Discussion Forum
Thank you, Winnie
Bruce, Thank you; question, why does the program change the first two lines of the RealCode Condition from chart. To indicator.unlinked. as noted below? It happens when I save the Condition, the results for are the same.
'# MA13 = chart.MovingAverage.3
'# MA26 = chart.MovingAverage
Program changed after I saved the condtion to:
'# MA13 = indicator.unlinked.MovingAverage.3
'# MA26 = indicator.unlinked.MovingAverage
I forgot to mention, if the EMA13 is above the EMA26 longer than the UserIput Period, it does not pass.
It only passes within the UserInput Period.
How is the best way to write a RealCode Condition where the EMA13 is above the EMA26 with a UserIput Period. If the EMA13 fall below the EMA26 in the UserIput Period it does not pass.
UserInput: EMA13 ( I can Drag and Drop the EMA13 into the Code tab of the RealCode Editor )
UserInput: EMA26 ( I can Drag and Drop the EMA26 into the Code tab of the RealCode Editor )
UserInput: Period 10
From Worden Tech Support: “At this time the program only supports one monitor. You can drag the program across multiple monitors, but cannot open separate windows on different monitors”
To clarify, for multiple monitors, it is not a TC2000 or Worden issue but a Microsoft Silverlight program issue. Silverlight is a Microsoft development tool for running Web and Mobile Applications, TC2000 application is written for Silverlight.
Silverlight presently does not support separate windows on different monitors, period. It’s not a choice or option available for TC2000 but rests with Microsoft Silverlight program.
Depending on your multiple monitor setup, say 1-4 monitors across horizontal or stacked 2 on top and 2 below, you can stretch the TC2000 Main Window across all 4 monitors but cannot take a TC2000 WatchList window or a TC2000 Chart window and move it to a separate monitor out of the TC2000 Main Window.
When you state “ price is crossing up through the middle line of a 5 bar keltner channel “ I assume you mean the Center Line of the KeltChan. To create a Scan Condition for Price History, since I don’t see a drop down Condition for the KeltChan Center Line, a PCF should work, there may also be other ways to write your Condition.
Pease try the following PCFs:
Price xUP KeltChan 5 (Daily Time Frame)
C > (XAVGH5 + XAVGL5 + XAVGC5) /3 AND C1 < (XAVGH5.1 + XAVGL5.1 + XAVGC5.1) /3
Price xDN KeltChan 5 (Daily Time Frame)
C < (XAVGH5 + XAVGL5 + XAVGC5) /3 AND C1 > (XAVGH5.1 + XAVGL5.1 + XAVGC5.1) /3
The real benefit of StockFinder is the RealCode compared to PCFs in TC2000, each has it plus and minuses. If you have the right Motherboard, CPU, RAM, Graphics Card and Monitors, StockFinder runs just fine alongside Interactive Brokers TWS. You can do things with StockFinder you just can’t do with TC2000.
The power of RealCode:
You can create the following RealCode items:
Indicators, Conditions and Paint Scheme are all created for and owned by a Chart. Indicators and Conditions can also be added to any WatchList to perform a scan, sort or filter. You can treat a RealCode indicator or Condition like any other indicator or condition in that it can be used in other Conditions, List Calculations, Scans, Sorts, etc. Anything you can do with a regular Indicator/Condition in StockFinder can also be performed with a RealCode Indicator / Condition.
Chart Conditions can be: Edited, QuickScan, QuickSort, Add Column (Last True Date, % True Period, Bars Since True, Condition Column – Linked, Last Date True-Linked, % Tuew in Period-Linked, Bars Since True-Linked, # True in a Row-Linked), Paint Price History, Paint and QuickSort, Show True Markers, Create Market Indicator, Add to Paint Scheme, Move Left, Move Right, Save Condition, Click Options, Delete All, Delete.
Below are question I asked Worden when TC2000 v11 beta was released and I believe are still valid today.
I use a 4 multiple monitor layout, I don’t use a mobile unit. At present I believe TC2000 12.3 Beta does not support multiple monitors which I understand rests with Microsoft Silverlight 5 capability. I use and I’m very satisfied with StockFinder 5.1.18 Beta, a wonderful charting program, does more things than I can possibly use. Since I rarely use TC2000, the TC2000 feature questions below may now be available.
1. TC2000 beta is built on Microsoft Silverlight 5 server web application and at this point Silverlight does not support separate windows on different monitors for Charts, WatchLists, etc. but can only use one monitor or separate Windows stretched within the Main TC2000 Layout. -Worden, TC2000 is not capable to move WatchList windows, Chart Windows, etc. etc. to different monitors.
2. Draw a Horizontal Line at a certain indicator, say for O, H, L, H1, L1, C1, can this be done in Real Time with an update frequency set to every tick or 1 Minute for a 1 Minute Time Frame Chart? -Worden, Not Available Option.
3. The EasyScan Re-Scan feature, can this be set to an update frequency? -Worden, Not Available Option.
4. The EasyScan Sort, can this be set to an update frequency? -Worden, Not Available Option.
5. Sorting of WatchList Columns, can the update frequency be set for each Column? -Worden, Not Available Option.
6. The Drawing Tool, Horizontal Line, can the thickness be adjusted? Presently the line width (thickness) is much too bold for my high resolution monitor. -Worden, Not Available Option.
7. Can the Linear Regression Channels be made active instead of fixed? What I mean by this, the right end of the channel is always offset by a fixed value, say 10 bars offset, during a 1 Minute Time Frame Chart, the right side updates every minute so the LR Channel is always offset by 10 bars. -Worden, Not Available Option.
8. For Chart Settings Properties, the Symbol Watermark, can this be resized and relocated similar to StockFinder? The Opacity can be changed but the location is fixed, sits in the center of the Chart/Indicators, much too big and prominent which interferes reading the chart Indicators. -Worden, Not Available Option
Thanks Bruce for the alternative and best answer, works as noted.
Number of Periods of Stochastics Below a Value
How is the best way to write a ReakCode Condition for Simple Stochastics 40,5 in any TimeFrame which is now below a certain %K Value and counts the number of Periods it has been under this %K Value consecutively. This does not count any segment of Periods when the Stochastics broke above the %K Value, only the latest number of Periods below the %K Value. I would like to see this number of Periods in a WatchList column.
UserInput: %K Value Less Than: 20