Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mcp
About
User Name: mcp
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 36
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CANSLIM Method: How do I set up charts, Scans and Formulas?
Posted: Thursday, January 1, 2009 1:48:22 PM
There are several articles in Stocks and Commodities relating to the CANSLIM Method. Can someone help me by showing how I can set up the PCF's, the Scans and the Charts to show this? I am particularly interested in finding stocks for the lollowing:
Shorts: Stocks below 50-day MA and below the 200-day MA
Longs: Stocsk above 50-day MA and above the 200-day MA. BOP  should also be green., max green if possible.

Need a way to find the stocks that are just bouncing off the 50-day MA, and stong volume.
Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
Topic: Keltner Bands. How can I get them into TC and also Blocks?
Posted: Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:58:13 PM
I would like to find out how to include Keltner Bands or Channels into the TC Program and also the Blocks Program. Thank you.
Topic: McClellan Oscillator or Worden Indicator T2106
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 9:52:57 AM

Thank you for resource. I have read it but must admit I don't quite understand this. Is this something that you use to show the overall direction of the market as a whole, or can you use it for specific Industry Groups and/or individual stocks? Lastly, is this something you can put on a stock chart, or is it an indicator that is all by itself? I am sorry that I don't grasp this so easily. Thanks for your patience. 

Topic: McClellan Oscillator or Worden Indicator T2106
Posted: Wednesday, November 19, 2008 8:08:09 AM
Where do I find these indicators so that I may show them on the charts? Is there a listing for all of the Numbered Worden Indicators, ie any others besides T2106? Finally, how do you use this indicator? Thank you.
Topic: STochastics: What are the recommended settings for this and the MACD?
Posted: Sunday, October 5, 2008 6:47:52 PM
Where can I find the information as to the recommended settings for the Stochastics and the MACD? I am confused about this, as I have 14, 5, 3 for the Stochastics and there is hardly any way to view the crossing of the lines. Same problem with MACD. Thank you.
Topic: RSMA. What is it and how do you use it?
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2008 8:28:42 PM
I found Sir Epiphany's Report of 07/20/07 about RSMA. But I could not understand it. I also tried to follow the leads mentioned in that same report, but still could not make heads or tails out of this. How can I use this as an indicator? Can I also use it within an Easy Scan? Do you have any samples to show how this works? I really need some help with this. Thank you.
Topic: How to find Stocks and ETF's that pay dividends?
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 9:18:13 AM
How can I find the stocks and ETF's that have dividends? If they can be found, how can one go about comparing them to other's so that I can find the highest dividend in the best performing stock or ETF's. Thank you.
Topic: New 52 Week High and Others
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 8:29:59 PM
Dear Bruce:  You were so right. I don't understand what I did wrong, but when I redid it as you mentioned, they all came up. Thank you for your patience with me in getting this to work. I appreciate it very much. It helps a great deal.
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:40:15 PM
Dear Bruce: Thank you for the reply. I tried the first three formulas using your suggestion of 252. The first and third one returned only one stock, UCR, which seems like it stopped trading sometime in July. Why is it even showing up? The second formula returned zero results. Interestingly enough, a different software found CRR, which hit a 52 week high today. Why is that TC can't find these? I am confused about all this and wondered if you could run this yourself and see what results you get.
Posted: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:41:54 AM
I need to find a way to calculate the 52 Week High and also the 52 Week Low. The results of the scan in Telechart never seems to match what other firms show for stocks reaching their 52 Week High. Cannot understand why there is such a discrepancy.  The list is never the same. How can that be possible?