Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jz94117
About
User Name: jz94117
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 188
[0.06% of all post / 0.03 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: some true conditions not painted on price chart
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 2:30:36 PM
Bruce,

Thank you.  You've made me a happy man.

Jim in SF.
Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:46:20 PM
Hi Bruce,

I hate to be such a fuss-budget, but is it possible to get the dates for August 9 and 11 painted too?  (I would have gotten to this stuff last year if Parallels (which virtualizes Windows 7 on my Mac) had not taken so long to fix their bugs! )

Jim in SF.

Posted: Monday, August 15, 2011 1:56:15 AM
I am trying to paint all price bars that are below the 3 std. dev. bottom bollinger band.  Here's is the result.  Notice that the price bar for August 8, is not painted as it should be.  Why is this?

Jim in SF.

Topic: How do I paint the price whenever it is below the 20 std bollinger band?
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:43:08 PM
Hi Guys!

I guess the subject matter says it all.  How do I do this?

Happy trading!
Jim in SF
Topic: five min - exit at end of the day
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:38:01 PM
Thanks, Bruce.

I had forgotten all about the "i" icon. 

Jim.
Topic: five min - exit at end of the day
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 11:46:12 PM
Hi Bruce,

What does the End of Day condition do?  I tried looking it up in your online documentation, but couldn't find any description of how to use it or what values it measures.  I'm assuming it's a boolean, true or false, whether the current bar is the end for the day?

Jim in SF.
Topic: Index of A Collection Of Stocks
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 5:44:05 PM
Bruce,

You have a knack for making everything seem so easy and seamless.  Thank you.

Jim.
Topic: Index of A Collection Of Stocks
Posted: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:18:51 PM
OK, Bruce. I admit I haven't been keeping up with this forum. How do I create a Custom Index from my 5 market leaders, AAPL, GOOG, INTC, JWN, & WFR? Secondly, I keep reading various statistics in the financial press, like "the last time the Dow was down 6 days in a row was X months ago" or "the last time the NYSE dropped 10% in 5 days was in 200__". Is it possible to calculate this stuff in Stockfinder? Finally, I read in a blog I follow about the S&P 500 5-Day Average Hi/Lo Spread being at a 2 yr. high. In my inept fashion, I created the following real code but it doesn't work: plot = [Price.High - Price.Low].MovingAverage(5) so then I tried this: plot = [(Price.high - Price.low) + (Price(1).high - Price(1).low) + (Price(2).high - Price(2).low) + (Price(3).high - Price(3).low) + (Price(4).high - Price(4).low)] / 5 Well, that doesn't work either. Can you give me a hand here? Jim in SF (who is not much of a programmer)
Topic: Is it possible to fix the 50 day SMA for all time frames?
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 3:30:42 PM
Wow.  It actually worked (meaning, "I got it to work"). 

Thanks, Bruce.  You guys are super!

Jim in SF.
Topic: Is it possible to fix the 50 day SMA for all time frames?
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2011 11:45:20 AM
I change time frames frequently.  If I want to plot the 50 day SMA on an hourly chart, do I have to plot a 6-1/2 x 50 = 325 bar moving average?  Or can't I fix it some way so that as I Ctrl-5 or Ctrl-2 the moving average stays the same? 

Jim in SF.