Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: bull1
About
User Name: bull1
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MACD Scans
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:10:19 PM
Bruce,
does the weekly MACD calculation also need 1869 trading days?
thanks
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 11:46:25 AM
Thanks Bruce for the reply.
"LVS" has traded since 2005, but is still excluded by the monthly MACD formula.  Is there a reason? or is my assumption wrong?
Topic: Re: MACD Scans
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:23:05 AM
Thanks Bruce for the scan formulas.

However, the Monthly MACD above EMA9 formula is excluding stocks that should be included.  I think it happens when a stock has traded for a short time period such as under 4 years.  Can you correct the formula?

For example, the stocks "LVS" and "ANR" have a monthly MACD above EMA9, but the "LVS"and "ANR" get excluded by your formula.  They have both been traded only for a short period of time.

I would appreciate it if you could correct the formula.

Thanks.
Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 1:13:40 AM
Bruce,
the Monthly MACD above EMA9 formula is excluding stocks that should be included.  I think it happens when a stock has traded for a short time period such as under 4 years.  Can you correct the formula?

For example, the stock "LVS" has a monthly MACD above EMA9, but the "LVS" gets excluded by your formula.

Thanks.

Posted: Thursday, April 8, 2010 12:22:14 AM
Thanks for the formula Bruce.
Posted: Wednesday, April 7, 2010 12:08:53 AM
Hi,
I am using  MACD(12,29,9) exponential.  I want to scan for stocks in my watchlist where the MACD is above the 9 EMA and for stocks where the MACD is below the 9 EMA.
I also want to scan for stocks as stated above but using the weekly and monthly charts (i.e., weekly chart MACD is above the weekly chart 9 EMA, etc).

Also, I want to scan for stocks where the MACD is about to cross above the 9 EMA and for stocks where the MACD is about to cross below the 9 EMA.

Thanks.
Topic: Understanding MACD
Posted: Sunday, April 13, 2008 4:29:06 AM
Hi, I am a newbie
What is exactly meant by   XAVG(XAVGC12,9)
thanks.