Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: alindsley
About
User Name: alindsley
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 825
[0.28% of all post / 0.12 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Super Commitee
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2011 9:28:08 AM
I'm afraid I am not a predictor friend. Especially not short term at any rate.  I simply watch what the market does and attempt to trade accordingly as best I can. I have observed, howver, over the years, whatever seems to be happening throughout the world usually works to make the magic of the waves work. EW is an intriguing study which has as vast a discussion as CNBC <g>. And the higher the volume the better the waves work. But that'sjust me and my style..
Topic: Super Commitee
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2011 3:43:18 PM
FWIW ww here is my plan as the sp-500 continues to climb up the waves
img715.imageshack.us/img715/1337/sp500d.png
I just follow the trend and the lines which the mkt puts forth for us. Although it would not surprise me to see price go above my top trendline this time, thus creating a new line for me to follow. Looking more like these lines then img171.imageshack.us/img171/2164/elliottwavechart.png I see us presently heading to the final red (iii) prior to green [c] on this 2nd chart. Don't ask me why. I've just had lots of luck using this as a guideline over the years as a stock comes off the extreme bottom from a bear mkt..

FWIW! I'm presently adding to JVA as it retests its bottom heading to impulse wave 3 img715.imageshack.us/img715/1047/jva.png  in for the long haul, with stops below c,2. This is my only holding presently.

luck to ya
art
Topic: 0 based RSI Indicator(s)
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 2:42:59 PM
You are amazing Bruce.
TYVM
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 1:23:52 PM
If you dont mind Bruce I'd like to follow the guidelines which actually began this thread and make two different indicators (one shorterm the other longer)

Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:12:40 AM
For this analysis, we use a RSI setting of 9, and a RSI setting of 30.

Furthermore, for simplicity in reading the results, we "zero base" the RSI reading. To zero base a RSI reading, one needs to subtract 50 from the RSI level at each data point. Then, instead of 50 being neutral, 0 is neutral. This makes it very easy to see if the RSI is positive and how positive it is.

I look for two things on today's posted chart ...

1. When the RSI readings are positive or negative (above or below zero).

And,

2. When the Green 9 RSI reading is ABOVE (or below) the Blue 30 RSI reading. Those are times where the daily market strength is "extra strong" or "extra weak".

You made an observation above in this thread on  Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:54:06 AM which may be of use to you.

TC2000 v12 (latest updates)
Wilders RSI  9 and 30
smoothed
Simple
Avg Period: 3

Thank you for once again teaching the important lessons in exactness.
I appreciate you help once again.
art
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:47:45 PM
I use RSI 14,3.

ie Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 11:54:06 AM

thanks
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2011 10:52:58 AM
Could you now make me a similiar indicator for TC2000

Thanks
art
Topic: JVA vs GMCR
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:54:29 PM
I just posted this eval over in the Yahoo forums and thought someone here might be interested in reading it and sharing your thoughts.

GMCR is all-most to the bottom of it's (probably) new cup base img263.imageshack.us/img263/7936/gmcr.png

JVA, on the other hand, is about a month ahead of GMCR. JVA probably is finishing up its POH (pullback on high) retesting presently at the 38.2% fib line.

I look to see JVA take off perhaps next week or so and begin it's new move up into Impulse Wave 3. The longest of the impulse moves img171.imageshack.us/img171/1047/jva.png . Did you notice the bottom of this base pulled back almost exactly to the 78.6% fib line from it's introduction into the market. A perfect Elliott wave pullback to end wave 2.

GMCR, however, may be another month or longer to be at this same place in time building a new base. However somewhere right around here may well be the bottom of the bottom of it's cup (if that is what it turns out to be). However GMCR has only pulled back some 50% from its lows and could easily continue down for awhile imho. Although Wave 4 normally will not pull back much further (61.8 would sure be nice though).

It might also be worth noting I read that Green Mountain represents 47% of Coffee Holding's revenue GMCR is JVA's Biggest Customer.

Per Wordens new TC2000 the P/E Ratio for GMCR is 91.20, JVA is 24.20

I've also noted JVA's Bollinger Bands are beginning a new channel as they begin to tighten up img62.imageshack.us/img62/1078/jva2.png . Moneystream remains above it's 22d sma, while BOP remains above it's positive line. I suspect it should turn strong green sometime soon before er. While GMCR continues dropping out of the bottom of its bands.

I've begin buying a position in JVA once again.
Topic: Look...a dragon!
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 3:52:25 PM
I hear ya about the wiles of coffee heh. However I learnt something today. I"ve used firefox for so long, I didn't know that IE was still around hehe

Tough market. My dragon is gona stick out his tongue at me
Posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 8:48:54 AM
Found some JVa IBD stats on the Yahoo forum that might help us see a reason for beginning a new impulse wave:

Coffee Holding Co Inc's stock is tracked in IBD's Wholesale-Food industry group, part of the broader RETAIL sector. The Wholesale-Food group currently ranks 2 out of 197 groups. IBD research shows that 37% of a stock's price movement is directly tied to the performance of its industry group. Another 12% is due to strength in its overall sector so it makes sense to target leading stocks in leading industry groups.

Coffee Holding Co Inc will report quarterly earnings on September 12. Coffee Holding Co Inc has an Earnings Per Share Rating of 75 from IBD, meaning that recent earnings growth has outperformed 75% of all stocks in IBD's database. In its latest quarter, profit grew 47%. In the last three quarters, profit growth has averaged 24%. In its latest quarter, sales grew 87% to $37.33 million. Focus on stocks showing strong quarterly earnings growth in recent quarters, at least 25% or more. IBD studies of past market winners showed big earnings and sales growth in recent quarters before big price moves. Coffee Holding Co Inc's annual profit margin is 4.6%. That means the company is generating 4.6 cents in profit for each $1 in sales.

Technical
Coffee Holding Co Inc is 31.31% off its 52-week high. In the past four weeks, Coffee Holding Co Inc is up 18.49%. Year-to-date, it's up 432%. IBD research has consistently shown that stocks showing strong relative price performance in the market have the best chance of being market leaders. Rather than try to catch stocks on sale, target the leading price performers in the market. Coffee Holding Co Inc has an Up/Down volume ratio of 1.6 which indicates that volume on up days is exceeding volume on down days. A ratio above 1.0 implies positive demand for shares.
Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 9:09:40 PM
Gona have to get rid of that mac p