Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: SDRODIMER
About
User Name: SDRODIMER
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 169
[0.06% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to Create a Scan that excludes stocks having 0 volume for two consecutive bars?
Posted: Monday, March 11, 2019 1:06:00 PM

Hi,

I want to have a scan that, among other critereia, excludes any stock that has 0 volume for two consecutive bars during day trading up to and including the current bar, using one-minute bars.

At any time during the trading day, if a stock has two consecutive bars with 0 volume, then such a stock would be excluded from the scan for the remainder of the day.

The purpose is to exclude stocks with 0 volume from the scan as they might not have enough liquidity to get in or get out of a postition at favorable pricing, or to avoid stocks which have been suspended from trading during the day for whatever reason.

Example would be to scan for stocks having a price range of $2 to $20 and also exclude any symbol which had two or or more consecutive bars with zero volume during the day and up to the current bar.

How to do this?

Steve

Topic: SF5 RC to replicate TC2000 pcf
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 1:21:24 PM

That worked!

Thx,

Steve

Topic: SF5 RC to replicate TC2000 pcf
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2019 11:42:52 AM

Hi,

Could you please provide the real code programming for an indicator that replicates the TC2000 pcf:

100 * 100 * (XAVG(XAVG(XAVGC12, 12), 12) / XAVG(XAVG(XAVGC12.1, 12), 12) - 1)

Thx,

Steve

Topic: price volatility
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 9:46:28 PM

Hi,

One other question.  Where does the "10" come from in the statement

Plot = Math.Round(10 * PVA / 13, 0)  ?
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 8:44:39 PM

Hi,

Looked OK on your computer, so, yes, I'll ask Tech Suppport how to fix what's on my computer.

Thanks for checking on this --

Steve

Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 1:47:50 PM

Hi,

Regarding the built in indicator available from the drop down list of the add indicators, I tried it and it left me with an empty graph.

I looked at its block diagram and there are no other blocks or calculations in the diagram other than TimeFrame bar builder.

Please take a look at what you get on your computer and let me know if this is working block.

Thx,

Steve

Posted: Friday, September 28, 2018 12:14:52 PM

Hi,

SF5 includes a Data page.  Price volatilty values are provided in that page.  I want to write some blocks to provide Price volatility.  I will be trying to make an indicator using blocks and also using RealCode.

Please provide an example of a blocks code and also a Realcode which does the sole job of providing Price volatility.

Steve

Topic: Questions about scanning a watchlist
Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 7:49:19 PM

Hi,

Thx for checking this topic out.  I'll work with the suggestions you provided --

Steve

Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:56:25 PM

Hi,

OK.  Can make a copy to another WL where no scans are used.

Why is it programmed to rescan without being commanded?

Is there a set time interval when it rescans?

I don't remember ver 17 doing this.  Is that correct?

Thx,

Steve

Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 2:40:07 PM

Hi,

I have a watchlist of US common stocks.  I have three conditions.  Two use a daily time frame and one uses a one-minute time frame.

I am using one-minute bars to track day-trades.

When I start the program, the watchlist is scanned to find stocks meeting the conditions. When done, the time of day is shown alongside the refresh scan symbol.  The  number of stocks from the scan is shown at the bottom of the watchlist.

I have not clicked on the start streaming scan button.

If I wait long enough the program runs the scan again and I get a different time of day and count of stocks meeting the criteria, but I did not click the refresh scan button and I did not click the start streaming scan button.  This happens after perhaps 1/2 hour or more.

I sometimes minimize the program to work with other programs, and then come back to TC2000, and the scan seems to be unchanged, at least for intervals less than about 1/2 hour.

ver. 18 seems to work differently from v17.

What I want is that the scan is left unchanged unless I click the refresh scan button.

Please advise how to get that to happen.

Thx,

Steve