Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: brexxx
About
User Name: brexxx
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 131
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: easy scan formula
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 9:27:50 AM
c>20 AND
c<c1 AND
v>2*xavgv90

2 = Volume Surge multiplier. This value can be changed to suit your specific needs.

xavgv90 = Average Volume lookback period. This should also be changed to reflect your particular needs.
Topic: In Blocks 2, Plot Industry Comparison
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 11:37:27 PM
Docking the Industry price pane will work, yes. However, if you don't want the extra pane:
Click on the arrow labeled "Sym" (extending from the price block).
Drag to an empty space within the properties window and release.
Select "Select Block and Connect."
Select "Hemscott Main Group Symbol."
Connect "Sym" (Extending from "Hemscott Main ...) to the chart's Main Symbol. (The group symbol will become dynamic).
Connect industry price's Time Frame ("TFP" arrow extending from price) to either the time-frame picker or your main time frame, etc.

Topic: Pointers line colours
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 11:08:29 PM
Right-Click on the line.
Select "Properties."
In the list of property options (Right-hand side of window) Change "Line Color" as needed.

You may also change the line's opacity, style, size, etc. from this window.
Topic: Parameter Symbol Text Input
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 11:04:42 PM
Yes. Try using the "Parameter: Symbol" Block. I can explain further if necessary.
Topic: In Blocks 2, Plot Industry Comparison
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:41:54 PM
Click on the Add Study button.
Select "Industry Analysis" folder.
Select Industry Price History.

The plot will open in a new pane.

Change the plot type to "line."
Copy Industry price (Right-click -> Copy) and paste (Right-Click -> Paste) the plot in your symbol price history pane.
Righ-Click on Industry Price Select "Scale with."
Select "On own Scale."
Topic: How to draw a value line on a chart template
Posted: Sunday, July 22, 2007 10:33:39 PM
Right-click in the desired indicator pane.
Select "Add Chart Tool"
Select "Value Pointer"
Right-click on the newly plotted line and select "Properties."
Among the property options (Right-hand side) Set the desired value in "Value to draw line at." (25, using your ADX example)
If you would like to be able to drag the value pointer, leave "Allow Drag" set to "True."
If you wish for its value to remain constant, set "Allow drag" to "False."
Let me know if I can clarify somthing better.
Topic: RSI crossing up through...
Posted: Monday, July 16, 2007 9:20:59 PM
00 Days Ago -> RSI; Per-3; Smooth-1 = RSI3.1
01 Days Ago -> RSI; Per-3; Smooth-1 = RSI3.1.1
10 Days Ago -> RSI; Per-3; Smooth-1 = RSI3.1.10
04 Days Ago -> RSI; Per-2; Smooth-3 = RSI2.3.4

Here's the low-down on TC crossing up/down through logic:
In order for The RSI plotted line to cross above a value, 20 for instance, it needs to close below 20 one day and then above 20 the next day.

In English:
"Unsmoothed 3-period RSI is GREATER THAN 20 today." AND "Unsmoothed 3-period RSI is LESS THAN 20 yesterday." (and vice versa)

In PCF language:
RSI crossing up through 20:
RSI3.1 > 20 AND RSI3.1.1 < 20

RSI crossing down through 20:
RSI3.1 < 20 AND RSI3.1.1 > 20

I'm sure you know, but I'll mention it anyways. The intended overbought and oversold levels for RSI (per Wilder) are 70 and 30, respectively. 80 and 20 are most commonly used with stochastics. The only reason I mention this is to clear up any possible confusion in the future.
Hope this helps,
Kevin
Topic: Testing entry reliability in Telechart
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 7:14:26 PM
Diceman:
Thank you for your detailed reply. I will look over what you said carefully and post any questions I might have. (The equity graph interests me very much). Thanks again for your time today, and in the past.
Any ideas on adding commission, slippage, and stops in order to find expectancy? I would imagine Backscanner is the best way to do it, but I tend to think it can be done in Telechart. Thoughts?

Kevin
Topic: Probablility of candle stick patterns
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 4:26:59 PM
For platinum users, cyberdawg, who heads the 'Disciplined Swing traders' club has done pretty extensive work testing candlesticks. It's called "New Candle Finder PCF with backtested candles". You'll find it under the "Reports" tab. I will e-mail him and see if he would mind me posting it on here.

Kevin
Topic: Testing entry reliability in Telechart
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 4:03:43 PM
Thank you for your input, Scott. Much appreciated. I will check your post.
You and I are on the same page. I have an excel spreadsheet w/ the SP-500 components. The first hundred symbols (alphabetically) are tested (I use four-year periods: 1-1-03 - 12-29-06, for example) against a 5-day hold time, the next hundred, 10-days, etc...
As you probably know, using telechart I have to manually count all of the trues and then all of the falses, which can be time consuming. I plan on getting backscanner (now free with a data subscription to the new Blocks) mid-June, but find myself in limbo until then. Do you know of anyway to automate the counting process in Blocks 1.3?
Thanks again,
Kevin
P.S. The formula should be plotted as a custom indicator as opposed to a % true indicator, just to clarify)