Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rkd998
About
User Name: rkd998
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Audio
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2007 10:40:15 PM
I've been monitoring some of the on-line TeleChart clubs, and in some of the discussions there is mention of an audio feed. There is also mention of CODEC. I'm not hearing any audio. Is there some switch I need to configure?

rkd998
Topic: Real Time Data Feed Speed
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 8:15:46 PM
I'm new to Platinum and was wondering how fast is the Real Time Data Feed? What's the latency up to the point where the price data is transmitted out to the subscribers?

I know some data services have a built in minimum delay, where others don't. Where does the Real Time Data Feed that comes with the Platinum service fall within this?

TIA

rkd998 (&)
Topic: Craig's Notes from Denver
Posted: Sunday, March 18, 2007 7:58:32 PM
Craig,

Great job in Denver on Saturday. I appreciated the presentation you (and your team) gave! Hope to see you back in Denver at some time in the near future.

rkd998
Topic: Database Error for PWV?
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2006 6:49:14 PM
I was looking the Powershares Dynamic Large Cap Value Portfolio ETF (symbol = PWV) and noticed a datapoint that appears to be out-of-family. Looking at daily candlesticks, the high price on 09/12/06 appears out-of-family. Data for this date is shown as follows:
Open = 18.14
High = 20.00
Low = 18.05
Close = 18.17
The range of price data on other days is about 0.44, but on 09/12/06 is 1.95. Can someone check the high price on 09/12/06 to see if there is an error in the database please?

Thanks,
rkd998
Topic: GNBT a BUY in current trading range between 2.6 and 2.7
Posted: Saturday, April 29, 2006 8:30:19 PM
Nice dojis the last few days, current price sitting ontop of 50 DMA. Looks like a good potential for a long.
Topic: Intrepretation of CAFE
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 9:45:50 PM
Thanks for the follow-up Doug.

rkd998
Topic: Intrepretation of CAFE
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 10:34:14 PM
One of my filters picked up the stock CAFE. When looking at CAFE on Yahoo Financial, a message came up stating the symbol has been changed to "CAFE.PK", and traded today between 0.85 and 1.20. I interpret the PK suffix on the end of the symbol as an indication the stock currently trades on the Pink Sheets (i.e. does not meet requirements to trade on one of the major indices). When I look at this stock in TeleChart, it just shows a flat line starting at 9/12/05 thru 9/29/05, no data from 9/30/05 thru 10/10/05, and half a line on 10/10/05. The amplitude of the line is at a value of 2.15. I don't understand TeleChart's flat line at a value of 2.15. Can you help me interpret what information TeleChart is conveying with this chart please? At first glance, it appears inaccurate but maybe because it trades on the Pink Sheets I should be interpreting it some other way?

TIA

rkd998
Topic: Sign in's and Updates
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2005 4:30:51 PM
I'm curious. Each time I launch Telechart, the program performs a "TeleChart Sign-In", then an "Update TeleChart Databank". What does the program do during these 2 operations?

I have TeleChart hosted on my laptop. When I travel I would like to use Telechart when I have no internet connectivity. It appears that it I don't Sign-In (verification of my registration over the web?), I can't use the program, but I can't Sign-In without an internet connection. Is there some way I can use TeleChart without internet connectivity?

TIA

rkd998
Topic: getting started with no experience..
Posted: Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:15:08 PM
Sammanhs,

It may be helpful to understand where you are located to give advice. Some members of this board are outside the US, and if you are one of these the advice may be quite different than if you are in the US. It may also make a difference if you are in a large metropolitan city vs a rural location. If we know what general area where you are located, maybe someone could point you to some local advice/mentors/help ...

Another aspect that you should consider is your trading style (and the trading styles of others you are communicating with). There are day traders (holding positions only during the day), swing traders (holding positions for a few days to a few weeks), and long term traders (multi-month traders). Different people's personalities guide them into different categories (mostly due to comfort level). Advice from one category does not always apply to other categories. Have a feel for which category you fit into as well as others who you are taking advice.

The journey to understanding trading takes time, but it well worth the effort. Welcome to world of investing.

rkd998
Topic: consistancy
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2005 12:34:43 PM
When I opened an AmeriTrade account I believe one of the questions on the application was to allow after market trading. As I recall, I answered NO to the question, so my orders would not trade after hours. In reviewing the AmeriTrade FAQs, I found the following:

Can I direct route an order in the after-hours markets? Yes. To direct route an order in the after-hours, select Day+Ext or GTC+Ext in the expiration field.

So, it appears AmeriTrade account holders can submit orders that will execute after hours by selecting various options in the Expiration field of the order input form.

You may want to check your broker to see if the account you opened allowed after hour trades, and/or if in the order entry form there is some provision for after hour trades.

rkd998