Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BeechTop
About
User Name: BeechTop
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 129
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: New Build now available
Posted: Monday, July 26, 2010 9:10:41 AM
After the latest patch, using Refresh almost always brings up the indicators that have not appeared.  The lone exception I have noticed is once the "computing" circular arrow was beside Moneystream (which was locked and did not appear), and using Refresh brought up all the other non-appearing indicators but did not change Moneystream (which stayed locked with the computing arrow).

Using refresh does not cause the white indicators to return to their real color.  For an indicator where there is an edit box with ajustable parameters, changing a parameter, for example a 250MA to a 251MA and then back, does cause the white indicator to go to its real color.

Finally, one other major problem I have not previously reported because I had hoped this latest bug fix would cure it, but it has not.  On the Win7 32-bit system, tracking with Win7 process explorer, SF5 causes the processor to constantly use 50-70% for SF, even when SF is not doing anything.  This will continue ad infinitum, regardless of the layout open or the chart.  Thus when running a filter, for example, a filter that takes 3 minutes on my other system, will take 30+ minutes on this system because SF is constantly using 50-70% of the processor anyway.
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 3:51:36 PM
Uninstalling/reinstalling didn't change it for me.  On the white indicator issue, main computer continues to have many white indicators, while the 2nd computer is mostly OK one the same layouts/charts.  Both continue to have problems with indicators not computing/showing up.

One other item that may be of interest in the white indicator issue -- the legend descriptors are the correct color even when the indicator is white.  And as I mentioned earlier, clicking on edit, the color box, then MORE COLORS changes the indicator to the correct color as soon as the MORE COLORS is clicked.  No need to actually select a color in the More Colors color wheel.
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:24:30 PM
Yeah.  As a follow-up, I transferred the chart to my other computer, and it came up just as it's supposed to be.  Guess I'll try reinstalling SF5 on my main computer to see if that helps.
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 2:10:14 PM
When I open it in my layout (or open the shared chart from the Worden server), the Price History SP-500 and the 250MA in the top pane and the two moving averages in the bottom pane are all white. (Note: the VIX in the top pane is supposed to be white.)
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:57:45 PM
Kuf -- Just shared a chart named Mkt Volatility that is an example of white indicators (even after the 2nd patch update today).
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:35:24 PM
I sent you one of the charts where TSV+ and Moneystream do not compte.  Some of the other charts in the layout read custom data, so unless you have the data files in the correct path, the layout would crash the program (I know from sad experience.)
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 1:13:47 PM
After the patch, still having problems with white indicators and indicators not computing.  Even had Moneystream originally compute and display, then saw it recompute and disappear.  Other indicators not computing inclue include TSV+, and indicators that I built in block diagrams.  White indicators include price histories and others.  Even when I change color, save the layout, and reload it, the indicators come out white again.
Topic: Should RealCode allow Full access to .net namespaces
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:17:59 PM
Here is a very real problem with the current RealCode data reader approach -- I collect some manual data that I use on certain charts.  On my different computers, the username is necessarily different.  Therefore, since the username is part of the path to the only data folder the RealCode data reader can read, charts using the data reader are not transferable between those computers.

Interestingly enough, this is not a problem with the block diagram CSV to bar/line approach.  There, you can access a file in about any path.  Thus by having identical paths to the data folder on the two computers, the charts are transferable.

Another question about the RealCode data reader -- it appears that it can only read date plus five data columns (presumably open, high, low, close and volume).  One of my data sets has more than five columns of data, and I can't get the data reader to read and output those additional columns of data.
Is this a truly a limitation of the data reader?
Posted: Saturday, July 24, 2010 5:02:24 PM
Having problems with white indicators and price histories, indicators not drawing,  etc.  For the white indicators, it happens on different charts in different layouts -- not all the charts, but about 1/3 of them.  Clicking on EDIT, Color box, MORE COLORS resets the color back to the original -- don't even have to choose a color in MORE COLORS, just clicking on it resets the color. 

Only way I have found to reset the non-drawing indicators is to go into the block diagram and replace one of the operative blocks with the identical block.  This causes the indicator to recalc.  Haven't found any other way to get it to recalc.  Reseting parameters in the EDIT box doesn't do it.  On a couple, have had to simply replace the indicator.

Sure hope this issues get resolved quickly.
Topic: Integer or Round function
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 3:29:13 PM
Thank you.