Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: AyrLass
About
User Name: AyrLass
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Sharing Watchlists between Freestockcharts.com and Telechart
Posted: Sunday, February 27, 2011 7:41:03 PM
At last I have restarted my acquaintance with freestockcharts.  Before, some time ago, it seemed there was a close connection  between the two programs. My first venture this afternoon to find interesting charts seems very successful.  I would like to move one scan result into Telechart.  How do I do this?  If no-one is there Sunday evening Monday morning will be fine.  I am having a problem with my email addresses.  Is it possible to phone me at (phone number removed by moderator) or I will check on the web page here for a response.  Thanks for being there to  help.       Margaret
Topic: How Don Worden Uses Scans & Sorts
Posted: Monday, March 9, 2009 6:31:38 PM
QUOTE (StockGuy)
Peter doesn't usually publish his personal scan formulas.  Some have been released along with the Winning Stock Selection Simplified video series, but he doesn't typically discuss his daily scans.

Yes, I know that.  I think I have every CD free and for purchase ever available.  I was intrigued when I read " using my usual TSV and ...? ...   sort"  (Sorry, I can't recall exactly what he had in that Note or which stock it was about to take time to go back and find it.)  I wondered if I had missed something.  I come here so seldom I don't know my way around the pages.  Forgive me!  But I always find something I had not thought of trying.
I stumbled on your reply to me looking for a refresher on the two indicators I use most in my final decision- making, TSV and MS - BOP comes earlier.  I found a few questions and responses that are interesting and then stumbled in here without specifically looking for it.
To all the beginners grapling with this software - it is confusing because there is so much of value, more than can be learned quickly.  Browse through these Discussion pieces, but don't get lost in them.  Have a focus.  
Decide on a scan that brings up stocks with features you want in an investment, then use the indicators to sort the results out.  Think as you go, look for clues.  MAvgs for trend direction, volatility - good for short term or long term - do you think, etc.  Sometimes I find one that looks great, then notice eventually as I debate the strength or weakness, a flaw.  Something that turns me off.
There is no royal road to success you have to work at it.  That's a quote from my grade school teacher.  You will be amazed how much you can do with this software and you don't have or even want to know it all before you feel ready to start.  News affects everything too.  Good luck to you all, especially to those who are struggling to learn.  Stick with it.  It really works and don't forget this is as fretful a time as I have ever experienced.  I'm trying to learn how to keep my balance.  Using telechart helps a lot.
Thanks StockGuy!
Topic: How Don Worden Uses Scans & Sorts
Posted: Thursday, March 5, 2009 7:49:33 PM
Peter mentions his PCF for TSV and BOP in his Chart Notes.  Has it been published?  I use these indicators when scanning for stocks to buy or sell but I find them in other scan results and would like to know how he sets it up or something about how to get started creating something similar.
Margaret.
Topic: Sorting Stocks by their Absolute or Relative Performance
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:17:24 PM
I was very amused by the Comment that "Enjoy!" was not an appropriate ending.  I guess that individual does not regard investing or making investment decisions as FUN!  using all the training help that you all offer helps to make it even more fun for me.  So please do go on encouraging all of us to ENJOY or at least to being to learn how.  Your efforts are so appreciated!
Have a great day and then another.

Margaret aka Dame Learner
Topic: Moving Pcfs into Blocks
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:12:05 PM
I tried the Member of in a column but cannot get the Fund category to come up. It is not there.
I am not getting the column with the results of Sir Epiphany to sort although it did at first.
Can you help please.

Margaret
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 3:58:52 AM
Another question re Funds. I can see that "Fund Category" is available as an item. How can I add this as a WL column?
Posted: Thursday, July 26, 2007 12:38:22 AM
Bruce, I have saved the files per your directions. Right clicking on the WL column header brought up choices among them
'Add column' and 'Load column' but there was no 'My computer' that followed. When I typed ep short for epiphany the library was empty. As a beginner I have nothing else to draw on. Can you help? Was I in the wrong place?

Margaret
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2007 7:58:16 PM
Craig, if you are not sure there is such a video I must have made a mistake. I so want to be able to use Blocks and have been looking at videos as well as the Notes from Michael T.'s presentation in Seattle recently hoping to learn to do what I want to do to produce results. I run into obstacles all the time still. There are a lot of details to become expert on.
No question I am impatient with myself and feel like the turtle because of the learning pace. I am usually fast but not this time.
Please excuse this mistake. I have no idea right now where I thought I saw something that I must have misread.

Margaret aka Lady Learner
Topic: Mutual Funds
Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 3:22:47 PM
How do I get the mutual funds to show up in Blocks? The first time I thought I typed funds into the Watch list and up they came. This second time I cannot find them anywhere. Losing my mind again? What did I do that was so easy before?

Posted: Monday, July 23, 2007 2:47:53 PM
Thanks, Bruce, Wonderful! Now to go try it out. I see there is also a new video how to transfer PCFs to Blocks. Terrific response.
Margaret