Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: smoon777
About
User Name: smoon777
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 43
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Shorting By Sharks
Posted: Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:06:55 PM

I am long in GALE and have enjoyed a very nice climb in recent months. A well known TV talking head linked at the hip to hedge fund managers did a hatchet job a few days ago and the stock dropped like a rock. I am suffering from whiplash.

I have also been watching LBMH as a climbing rocket, waiting for a pullback, and today the sharks hit it hard with a feeding frenzy and brought it down 21%.

So I realized that I am not smart when it comes to little retail traders like me knowing what the sharks are up to in an organized manner.

I started researching shark attacks and unfortunately came up with the SEC does not understand the tricks being played and they are underfunded to figure it out. What I am trying to figure out is are there available metrics on the net that would show me that a shark attack is a reality and I am coming up short (sorry for the pun).

I am trying to find some data points and Worden has "Latest Short Interest Ratio." Does anyone have an idea how to interpert that? 

Thanks for your help!

Topic: TC2000 tablet question
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013 11:34:05 AM

When selecting a watchlist in the tablet version, is there a way to select "flagged items" like you can do in the desktop version? Also, at the recent Dallas training session it was mentioned that a major upgrade to the tablet version was around the corner. Is that corner getting any closer?

Thanks for your help.

Topic: Webinar 4 Oct 2011 - Targeting the Bottom of a Pullback
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 10:36:09 AM
Wow, Julia is quick. :)Thanks Bruce.Randy
Topic: Webinar 4 Oct 2011 - Targeting the Bottom of a Pullback
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2011 10:09:21 AM
I know that scanning for candlestick patterns is not an exact science but I noticed a difference in the PCF formulas listed in the "official" post #7989     http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=7989 and the more robust looking formulas posted above by Julia. I did a column by column comparison and got varying results. Julia's formulas appeared to be more precise.

Would it be possible to get an updated "official" list of significant bull and bear candlestick PCFs that would be considered the best approach? Or better yet, get the significant ones added to TC2000 as permanent conditions?

And Julia, the
10/04/2011 webinar was excellent. You and Michael put a lot of work into preparing for the webinars and the results show it.

Topic: Bollinger Bands: BEYOND THE BOUNDARIES is a VERY AWESOME WEBINAR!!!
Posted: Sunday, September 18, 2011 1:52:13 PM
I too greatly enjoyed Martha's presentation. She has amazing perspective.

I assume that the reason we can't share workspaces is that they reside on a cloud server. What would be nice (and maybe it is planned) is to have the share capability we had on StockFinder.

Any way, thanks for having people like Martha, Tina Logan, Harry Boxer and Jim Farrish on the webinars. I have learned a ton of reality from these folks. If you can ever get Gary B. Smith, that would be a real treat.
Topic: The Best of PCF Formulas and Easy Scans
Posted: Tuesday, May 3, 2011 6:01:32 PM
I have spent the last few weeks setting TC 2000 v11 up. I have been looking back through my Telechart 2007 setups and my StockFinder setups. I am really pumped that the Worden tools seem to be converging into one path that makes life much easier. TC2000 v11 looks like it is covering all the technology bases. I am impressed and ready to start converting.

I have gone back through all of the past webinars to come up with a documented source of the solid ideas for picking and managing positions (real code and PCFs). I have been searching on all of the different approaches described in the forums and keep thinking that it would be extremely beneficial to have a library of technical setups that work in Telechart PCFs or real code in Stockfinder. Bruce is a great resource for scanning setups.

So I would like to ask this forum a question... what are you favorite setups? When you log onto Worden in the evening or next morning, what are your favorite scans that you use to set up trades for the next day? What are the scans for adding to the watch list for stocks or patterns to set alerts for?

Bounce off the bottom? Bollinger Bounces? Support and Resistance? Trend Reversals? Channels? Etc?

What is your one trick pony for finding stocks to look at? I think these should be documented and institualized as repeatable techniques within Worden.Please give this thread your best ideas. If we were going to set up the ultimate scans, what would those be? How would you document your setup to buy, manage and sell?

Topic: TC2000Mobile
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:33:23 PM
Any ballpark estimate on when it will be available for the iPhone and iPad?  Just curious.
Topic: FreeStockCharts.com
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 5:21:40 PM
Topic: FreeStockCharts.com
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 5:19:53 PM
I really hope you guys are going to open up a thread specifically for FreeStockCharts.com.

As most Worden customers know, TeleChart set the standard for charting and scanning.  Then came Blocks.  That was a paradigm jump. As a former programmer, I was supremely impressed with the techniques used. Then that was morphed into StockFinder that jumped several levels up into an incredible tool.

While I was trying to get my head around StockFinder, then came FreeStockCharts.com that doesn't have all the bells and whistles StockFinder has but there are some tantalizing capabilities that make me think another paradigm jump is about to happen. I am impressed.

So please get a thread started so that we can tie in and and hopefully see or help where you are headed. I think FreeStockCharts.com is going to make a big footprint quickly.

Thanks for another great product. I am impressed.  You guys seem to stay a step ahead of customer expectations. Customer value keeps improving.

Topic: trading firms
Posted: Friday, June 27, 2008 7:25:00 PM
I have been a long time eTrade customer.  eTrade is a good company and I have a variety of trading accounts, rollovers, IRAs, banking, CDs, etc.  Full service and I have been fat, dumb and happy.

Along came these Worden guys with Blocks and this enticing idea about managing a trading account within Blocks.  Myself and others asked when Blocks might interface with eTrade and the response has been.... let eTrade know that you as a customer would like them to open up an API to Worden.  Having experienced eTrade's lack of personal touch until you threaten to move your accounts elsewhere, I read that as fat chance for eTrade to open up to a 3rd party.

So being a curious guy, I set a trading account up Ameritrade just to see how the integration with Worden works.  15 minutes filling out the on-line form, hit the button and a chunk of change moved from eTrade to Ameritrade in seconds.  I was impressed because most of the e-move money transactions I have experienced with eTrade and other electronic accounts took days.  Ameritrade..... 17 nano-seconds and my trading ability was ready to roll.

So I explored Ameritrade and found an environment that is built for trader/investors.  Many more tools available than eTrade.  Much more information.  Lots of side services.  Have a question?  Very good info available.  Training videos.  Webcasts.  So while eTrade is a great all purpose bank, my immediate reaction was that when comparing the two, Ameritrade is heads and shoulders above eTrade and  is built for  traders.

I don't want to sound like an Ameritrade salesman.  I am not.  I am a guy who would occassionally like to sign on my broker account and execute level II trades while at work behind a fort knox firewall.  eTrade's architecture makes that VERY difficult.  When I set up my Ameritrade account, I logged on to my account from work and all of the web and Java trading tools worked without making any tweaks in IE settings or proxy settings.  Wow.

As a guy who works hard all day, comes home and used to spend hours every night sifting trade data, market data, etc., I am real close to the point that I have created 4 special Blocks layouts that screen 4 conditions I am looking for.  Stocks, ETFs, mutual funds for my longer term investments, and industry poppers.

I have maintained lots of Excel side tools over the years using XLQ to pull data and and make all my calculations.  With Blocks I am finding that there is very little if anything that I need to maintain outside of Blocks.  I can calculate about anything I need for fundimental or technical green lights. All of my market condition indicators and sector/industry indicators are there in graph form. 

So as a guy who works hard during the day and would rather drive out to the lake after work and sail my boat around for a few hours, I am now seeing my life being greatly simplified thanks to Blocks, especially with a direct connection to AmeriTrade for making trades or resetting stops easily.

Moral of the story..... I was an eTrade bigot and now I see that there are other options  I should have jumped on a few years ago.  Ameritrade is superior for EOD traders.  Blocks integration into Ameritrade make my life much easier.  I am a happy guy.

The whole idea of successful investing is having a repeatable process that you follow and ensure predicable investing.  A much better position to be in is having a FLEXIBLE repeatable process that you can adapt to changing market conditions.  I have found what makes that come home for me and that is Blocks with hooks into a brokerage account for trade execution.

My goal is 15 minutes a night to manage a variety of investments.  I will get there but I am a kid in a candy shop right now exploring more options than I can shake a stick at.

When I retire for the 2nd time in 579 days, I will then be using Blocks in realtime.  For now, EOD has become MUCH easier.  Thanks Worden guys.