Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jrixey
About
User Name: jrixey
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 45
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF for small bars
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:21:48 PM

Bruce - your firmua is working great.  Thanks verymuch for your help!

Topic: PCF for small bars
Posted: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:27:02 PM

Hi! I have a pcf which looks for compression - in other words, "todays" bar&#39;s Open - Close value is 25% or less of the High - Low range of the previous bar.  I have the code written as: abs(O-C) <=(H1-L1)*.25.

i am getting bizzare reuts where the scan flags charts where todays bar is much lager than yesterday&#39;s.  The scan had ben working fine untl recently.  Ay idea what is going on or how I need to re-write tthe pcf to get the desired results?

Thanks vey much!

Topic: Frustration
Posted: Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:04:41 PM

Your formula is perfect - thanks very much!

Topic: Frustration
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:59:48 PM

Hi - I am working on a pcf condition which finds situations where the Open - Close of todays bar is less than 25% of the daily range of the prior  days bar.  I have written the pcf as SQR((O-C)*(O-C))<=(H1-L1)*.25.  I have used thwe square root of the square of the open - close range so that the result is a positive number reguardless of whether the bar closes higher or lower on the day.  When I use this formula to scan a list of 85 stocks, it returns very few positive results and misses many stocks which return "true" when the condition is checked on the individual stocks.

I also have modified the formula to look for the same result when comparing yesterdays open / close range versus the daily range from two day ago.  I have written the modified formula as SQR((O1-C1)*(O1-C1))<=(H2-L2)*.25  This version of the pcf always returns every stock in my scan list as "true" even though most of the stocks do not meet the criterea.

Do you have any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Thanks very much!!!!!!!

I would be thrilled to have you call me at 5123-919-1233 as this is driving me crazy

Topic: Average 20 day volume
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:03:56 PM
Thanks, Bruce! What is the ".z" after the "x" in so many of the formulas?Thanks
Topic: Average 20 day volume
Posted: Wednesday, February 29, 2012 1:55:52 PM
Hi - If I want to write a condition in SF12 looking for situations where "todays" volume is 50% greater than the 20 day average volume, is the formula V>(Avg(V,20)*1.50)?Thanks very much!
Topic: Coding needed for new condition
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 1:19:25 PM
That is a thing of beauty, Bruce! Thanks VERY much!!
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:54:24 PM
Bruce - Got it in the program but it's still not quite what i'm looking for. What if we add the requirement that the open and close are in the upper half of an up bar or the lower half of a down bar? Also, for an up bar, the last must be above the open, and for a down bar the last must be below the open. In other words, I'm looking for "hammers" and "shooting stars" in candlestick terms.Thanks for putting up with me!
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:15:26 PM
Sorry I Didn't make this clear! "Upbar" or "Downbar" would be an additional requirement, meanig the the close (most recent price) is above or below, respectively the bar's open. Sorry again for the confusion!
Posted: Thursday, October 20, 2011 12:02:58 PM
Thanks very much! How would I combine those into a single condition which would look for either part to be true?