Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: DETOVREA
About
User Name: DETOVREA
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: How to access Short interest ratio in a PCF
Posted: Tuesday, August 1, 2006 9:12:28 PM
How do I write a pcf and/or an easy scan to access automatically the fund-
amental data and retrieve, say, the short interest ratio for an equity?
Topic: Where is an alert posted?
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 7:40:55 PM
Doug: I answered your question, but it never seems to have gotten posted. So I'll repeat it: Alerts@stockscope.com
The text was very short: "New article for CLM on TCnet." Since I don't normally use TCnet I , naturally, could find nothing . Dan Tovrea
Topic: Where is an alert posted?
Posted: Tuesday, May 2, 2006 5:46:42 PM
Yesterday, in my e-mail, I saw a reference to a Worden Report on some news
from CLM (Cornerstone X X) and since I have several thousand shares of
this stock I wanted to read the note. However, I've NOT been able to find
the alert. Where would it be posted? Please advise. Dan C.
Topic: Can't restart TC2005 after it bombs.
Posted: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:29:38 PM
While I was using the Jump feature to select stocks with ex-dividend dates coming up, TC2005 suddenly disappeared from my screen and the desktop display came on as if I had exitted the program. However, when I tried to restart TC2005 the system informed me that TC2005 was still running and refused to bring up the chart display. I could disconnect from the ISP and restart the program, but I'd rather just bring back the "running" program. Is it possible? Is there some undocumented, like Ctrl-V for toggling the display and fundamental data, set of smart keys that I can use to get the display back? Please answer ASAP as I've just downloaded todays closing bell data and was in the throes of digesting today's stock action. Dan Tovrea
Topic: Is there a method for determining and sorting on dividends?
Posted: Monday, February 7, 2005 11:31:32 PM
I guess the subject says it all. However, I shall try to add a bit to my question. Many stocks and ETFs pay monthly, quarterly, and /or yearly dividends. Are they included in the "fundamental" data associated with the equities in TC200x? If so, how are they to be accessed and sorted upon? I've not seen any references to looking at yields, but they are vital to many of us elderly people to aid in choosing which stock to hold and provide a good income to augment our Social Security receipts.
Detovrea
Topic: ACTU any comments on this one?
Posted: Monday, February 7, 2005 11:24:11 PM
Well, I don't know about wise, but I guess that at 81 I might be wizzened. Anyway, B4 I answer your comments I'd like to know what you want to do with the stock: Buy long for a short or long holding, Sell short, use as the basis for buying a Call or put or to sell a call or a put. Until one knows what one is going to do[ or ]it's hard to comment upon a given equity.

Detovrea
Topic: Update of stock lists
Posted: Monday, February 7, 2005 6:54:58 PM
This is just a reminder note to all of you who depend upon TC200x to properly update lists of stocks that meet your criteria,that is, to add those stocks that meet the criteria and to delete those that no longer meet the chosen criteria. I had a long discusion of this with "Jerry," a supervisor in the Support department at Worden Bros., Inc. Those stocks meeting criteria setup by either Wordens or the user and found using a chosen EasyScan AND in the EASYSCAN section will be updated and added to or deleted from the grouplist in the EasyScan section. However, Those groups in the PERSONAL WATCHLIST are neither updated nor maintained by the system. In effect, they are cast in concrete and only you, the caster, can change them. So be careful where you put the results of your scans.

Detovrea
Topic: CANSLIM
Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2005 8:21:02 PM
Since CANSLIM is a proprietary method of stock
selection based upon the provided contents of Invest-
ors Business Daily it is not surprising that Word-
ens have not included it in TC200x—they could have
to pay a license fee for doing so. Let's stay with
things that are included, or we think should be, in
TC200x. Detovrea
Topic: Can we Deselect?
Posted: Saturday, February 5, 2005 7:55:03 PM
First: Thanks Craig for the kind words about elucidate!
as used in my last epistle.
Now for my problem: I have noted that after a stock
is selected, via an easyscan with/without PCFs, that
stock tends to stay selected, even if it no longer
meets the scan criteria that it met originally. How can we
write a PCF or easy scan that ensures that only the stocks
that meet the desired critieria today will appear in the stock
listings and those that do not will be removed? Or is this a
procedure that one must do oneself? Thanks, Dan Crockett
Topic: Any comments on SWIR (loss about 35%). I think is a great short but....
Posted: Saturday, January 29, 2005 11:56:40 PM
Back in the summer of 2002 I had a dog that was supposed to be putting out a large dividend, but just after I bought it the board of directors cut the dividend by 75% leaving me with my bare face hanging out and shortly there-after the price dropped from about $15/sh to $5 per share. Just as I was about to sell it the price jumped back to around $13/sh. Then it proceeded to fall off to nothing, but it did close a good part of the down gap. I think that this maty be another such wild one. My indicators show that the stock is in a very definite downtrend and I would expect the stock to continue its downward plunge. However, I think you're dubius about the stock so to enable you to sleep well at night why don't you think up a good stock and option spread of some kind? For instance, you might sell, say, a thousand shares SHORT and buy 10 far out CALL contracts. That way your butt is covered, no matter which way the stock goes, and you stand to make a profit, too. Good Hunting!!