Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: freetroy
About
User Name: freetroy
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TTM Squeeze
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:40:25 AM

Could I grab a copy of this new version as well.

Thanks in advance!

troy

Topic: Compairision of 2 ATR's
Posted: Monday, October 17, 2011 4:26:49 PM
Thanks again for your help Bruce!
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:32:42 PM
simple MA of the "true Range" - 400 days off data
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 1:20:18 PM

First off - Bruce you are the best.  Everytime I ask a question here, which is not often, you are always on the ball.  Great work!

I can reproduce the chart in excel but when i took your advice and just put it on the chart the number are off by just a bit - any idea what might cause this?

Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 11:28:54 AM
Thanks for the quick response!  I put this in and it came very close.  The problem is when I go in to adjust the ATR settings there are three choices.  I have tried all the combinations with a 0 in each field and can not get it to match.  Any idea what that three "period" is coming from?
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2011 10:51:25 AM

I was looking over this article - http://adamhgrimes.com/blog/2011/10/12/volatility-compression/
and wanted to turn it into an indicator.

The concept is to " shows the ratio of the 5 day to 60 day ATR, with a reference line at 1.0".  OI want to use different numbers so here is the Realcode I tried:

'# ATR = indicator.Library.Average True Range
'Plot = ATR(5) / ATR(50)

It does not match the chart.  How can I change the time frame the ATR uses to get this to work, they both seem to be stuck on 14.

Thanks in advance - troy

Topic: Exporting Data - IG Symbol?
Posted: Friday, January 21, 2011 2:31:43 PM
When exporting data for a list of stocks, is there a way to include the industry group sysmbol?  I have tried attaching several indicators to acomplish this but with no success.  Thanks in Advance for your Help!

troy