Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: hicraig3
About
User Name: hicraig3
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 83
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TC2007 - how do I do a PCF with Relative Strength SP-500?
Posted: Saturday, June 28, 2008 11:54:18 AM
Hi,

I wanted to put a formula for Relative Strength of SP-500 in a fomula.   Can you provide?

I then want to take provide a PCF that shows the % difference between simple MA40 applied to the RS of the SP-500 and a simple MA10 applied to the RS-500.

I then wanted to have a 3rd PCF showing when the MA10 crosses up through the MA40.

Can this be done in telechart?

How about in Blocks?

Thanks,
Craig.
Topic: new to blocks - PCF to blocks conversion
Posted: Friday, May 16, 2008 9:11:52 AM

Hi,

I'm really new and just signed up for the trial without having seen the demo and tried to use it without any reading or background reference.  Since then, I've read the Real Code manual and the Quick start.  I now see a little about what Paint is.  I haven't done the examples yet. 

I ride a van pool to work.  Is there any way to download the videos on Blocks so that I can review them outside of having an internet connection?   I noticed you have webinars, are they recorded?

Before I ask more coding questions, I need the background info and try the examples provided. 

So far, I really like what I'm seeing.  Very nice set of indicators, chart functionality and the Real code is much easier to work through then the coding used in Telechart.  It looks like I may be able to duplicate what I can do on Telechart.  I really like the added functionality of lights, sorting, and flags showing when entries could have occurred.  VERY NICE.  Thanks also for the coding primer. 

One thing I do like to do on Telechart is to add variables to the chart header area.  Can I do this in Blocks?  

If not on the chart itself, is there a way to display addiitonal info on the left hand display associated with each ticker.  

I currently show: shares to buy, stop loss, max value over x days, min value over x days, actual value of some of my indicators, win / loss ratio.  Then since I trade with 2-3 rules sets, I do the same for each rule set.  It sounds like a lot but with color coding, no labels, and being able to format width, it works really well.

Thanks,
Craig.

Posted: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:48:44 AM
The hicraig3 indicator looks great.  

I guess I need to learn more about blocks.  I managed to get a white screen upon on the second time that I selected the new custom indicator.    Here's what I did: I had been reviewing what you had provided.  I then clicked x in the upper right corner.  I thought it would "x" out of the screen but it asked me if I wanted to delete it.  I didn't but did want to close the window.  Couldn't figure out how to close the window.  Decided to go back into "Share" to go back to where I was.   And then got the white screen on both the active and inactive panes.  I had to shut down blocks to get the program out of non-responsive mode.

The LRC channel answer doesn't work.  I"m actually looking for an indicator that I can show on the charts where I adjust the std dev to some values that I like to use.  Knowing when the crosses happen helps me indicate entry and exit points.  I like to be able to apply to price as well as TSV or any indicator similar to what telechart can do.  Is LRC something that will be available shortly as an indicator?

Thanks,
Craig.
Posted: Saturday, May 10, 2008 11:16:51 PM
How do I convert a PCF to blocks.  Here's a simple one:

(AVGC5 - AVG(AVGC5,4)) / AVGC5 * 100

More complex:

Linear regression channel (LRC) 63 day period.  2 standard deviations for the up / down channel.   
How do I draw it on blocks?
How do I show cross up of lower, middle and upper boundaries and cross down of upper, middle and lower bourndaries.

Thanks,
Craig.

Topic: Can you check some PCF formulas for me
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:20:25 AM

One other question, you said in a previous quote that the formulas appeared correct for a charted RSI.  If I'm displaying the values also in the tabs to the left of the chart, are the formulas correct?

If not, what should they be and why is there a difference?

Thanks,

Craig

Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:17:28 AM
Thanks.

You're correct I am using a custom indicator.  So since I can't display it effectively on the chart, the best way to display it would then be as a value in one of the 10 tabbed areas?

Thanks,
Craig.
Posted: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 1:34:10 AM
Bruce,

I'm not seeing on the chart what I think I should see for the max function.  I thought what I was displaying was the highest value in the last 63 days for RSI.  But what is showing on the chart dips well below the max for the previous 63 days.  For some dates its below the RSI line itself.  

I set the max value per formula above using custom indicator with RSI drawn on middle chart.  
Settings: visible, deselect zero line and price; smoothing average 1 (doesn't matter), simple.

I'm looking at ORCL.  

What I thought I would get if the max in the last 63 days was 65, was a line that went across at 65.  If the RSI then dips down to 30 and back up again to 65, I might get some curves but pretty much it should be straight lines.  I get the straight lines but they don't make any sense.

Any ideas?

Craig

Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 1:27:58 PM
Hi,

Can you check the way I'm using these PCF formulas.   Some look correct and some don't.  They're all based on RSI period 14, MA 1  (today RSI14.1,  yesterday RSI14.1,1)

Two questions for each item.  
- Is the formula correct for arithmetic value?  
- Is it correct for displaying visually on a chart of RSI?

1.  Looking for the Max value of the RSI in the last 63 periods:
MAX(RSI14.1,63)

2.  Looking for the Max value of the RSI in the last 63 periods:
MIN(RSI14.1,63)

3.  Looking for the intersection of simple moving average of the RSI period 5
                                                   and simple moving average of the  RSI period 40.   
                Expressed as a % above or below the 40 period MA.
(AVG(RSI14.1,5) - AVG(RSI14.1,40) ) / (AVG(RSI14.1,40)) * 100

4. Looking for the % below the MAX for the last 63 days for the current RSI value.
     (MAX(RSI14.1,63) - RSI14.1) / MAX(RSI14.1,63) * 100

Thanks,
Craig.

Topic: Mutliple questions
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2008 6:22:07 AM
Is the only way to check out Blocks 3, to attend the seminar?  Is there a free trial to use Blocks?

Craig.
Topic: Mutliple questions
Posted: Sunday, February 3, 2008 2:42:35 AM
Thanks Craig.  I'd forgotten about the T2's.   What I was thinking of was to be able to take say any of the T2's and apply to a watch list.   After reviewing the T2's, there's plenty there that I can use.

Craig.