Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Al_Gorithm
About
User Name: Al_Gorithm
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,211
[0.41% of all post / 2.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fun Importing Symbols from File into a WatchList
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:08:09 AM

Thanks again Mark!

Nice screenshot. I was strung out on caffeine yesterday and focused my attention at the top of the screen. Took a while before I thought of looking at the bottom. :)

Topic: PCF Formula books
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 7:49:57 PM

ib,

I would start by posting a new thread with a description title unique to your question instead of burying it here where fewer people are likely to find it. Just a thought.

That said ... I have no clue. I'm a laptop guy, not a tablet user.

Good luck! Maybe Bruce will see this tomorrow morning when he's back in the office and offer a suggestion.

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:27:23 PM

Voilà!

Thanks, Mark.

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:25:04 PM

Found the Status Bar at the bottom of the TC2000 Anywhere webpage. Looks weird, but as long as it works, I don't care. lol. Will try after a power nap. lol.

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 5:17:15 PM

I currently have my list of tickers in a text file in Notepad, and coped them to my Windows Clipboard. Not sure what you mean by "clicking on the up arraow on the status bar of the TC2000 Anywhere webpage and select "A"".

Still not seeing a way to Paste them to my WatchList.

When I get back to my personal laptop, I can always try it the old-fashioned way, but I'm not seeing a way in TC2000 Anywhere.

That said, I'm over-caffeinated. Again. Story of my life. :)

Topic: PCF Formula books
Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:46:32 PM

Hey Bruce, maybe self-publishing a PCF book would be a good idea ... potential Amazon & NY Times bestsellers! 

You can buy another yacht w/ the royalties. :)

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:38:46 PM

Ok, after coming in off the ledge, my best guess is that that particular option is only available in the version installed on your computer ... probably not doable through a browser ... just a guess. :)

Posted: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:36:50 PM

Hi Bruce,

I'm in Chrome using TC2000 Anywhere. I have about 100 ticker symbols in a .txt file. I usually don't import an entire list of tickers into TC2000, so I went to the Help site ...

http://help.tc2000.com/m/69401/l/337366-how-to-create-a-new-watchlist-from-a-saved-file

Got to Step #5 ... I don't see the "Import Symbols from File" option on my screen.

What's up with that?!? ... lol ... help!

Topic: Fun with Logical Operators
Posted: Monday, February 11, 2019 12:49:31 PM

Thanks, Bruce! I like this version the best ...

L <= XAVGC8 AND C > XAVGC8 AND (C < XAVGC3.1 OR C < XAVGC3.2 OR C < XAVGC3.3)

It&#39;s the closest to the way my brain is wired, and saves several pairs of parentheses over my version. :)

Topic: Fun with Logical Operators
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2019 4:07:16 PM

Thanks to you both for the feedback. I just got home, am overly caffeinated and in need of a nap, but when my brain cells are fully engaged, I&#39;ll review your comments.

For now, my back-of-the-napkin interpretation of the logic is ...

Condition returns True if

• L <= XAVGC8
  • and C > XAVGC8
  • and (C < XAVGC3.1) or (C < XAVGC3.2) or (C < XAVGC3.3)

I&#39;m not sure where on the OCD spectrum I fall, lol, but here&#39;s what I think I would code this as ...

(L <= XAVGC8) and (C > XAVGC8) and ((C < XAVGC3.1) or (C < XAVGC3.2) or (C < XAVGC3.3))

think ANDs trump ORs in the precedence heirarchy, so my extra parentheses are probably redundant, but what the h#ll - it makes sense to me. :)

As to the source, Doug has been sharing this PCF for ages in his Right Way Options chat room, and on his site. The most recent reference is a You Tube video he just recorded a few days ago. This PCF is just one condition in my larger trading plan, but the video can be found at ...

Catching Profits in the 3/8 Trap

Bruce, what do you think?