Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Al_Gorithm
About
User Name: Al_Gorithm
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1,227
[0.42% of all post / 0.49 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: I say to-may-to", you say "to-mah-to"
Posted: Wednesday, April 3, 2019 1:35:03 PM

If I had a nickel for every time Bruce TCMailed a chart he developed based on one of my ideas ... lol. :)

Topic: Custom Index Creator
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2019 3:44:22 PM

https://www.worden.com/Support/

Topic: APT Indicator Working Flawlessly for 3 Years Now
Posted: Monday, March 25, 2019 7:09:30 PM

Bruce, maybe I'm just misunderstanding (there's a first time for everything, lol) but I didn't read it as whether it's possible to determine what the actual price would need to be tomorrow for another condition to also be met tomorrow.

I read it as the indicator determining what the actual price is going to be tomorrow. Maybe I'm wrong. Highlights are mine ...

"The APT (Actual Price Tomorrow) indicator you helped me solve three years ago has worked 100% of the time for the past three years. Per the original design, it continues to correctly output the next bar's closing price level. Two years ago I was astonished and was certain it was some sort of quantum achievement."

"I don't see why it shouldn't; it has been outputting tomorrow's price on every single daily bar for 300+ bars now."

Either way, I can't envision a scenario that's helpful. Either I misunderstood, and thus have no interest, or this "quantum achievement" has indeed ripped a hole in the space-time continuum and can ouput tomorrow's price today ... in which case they would be crazy to share, so I'll never see it.

Guess I'll still have to make my profits the old-fashioned way.

38 days to Chicago!

Posted: Sunday, March 24, 2019 9:32:40 AM

Thanks Priyaa, I appreciate it.

I don't want to throw shade at the Actual Price Tomorrow indicator and coeffiecient, but c'mon. Call me a skeptic.

They don't even have to share the code ... just post tomorrow's actual closing price for a few days. Let's see how close to 300 we can get. ;)

Topic: PPO squeeze ADX
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 11:10:34 AM

Yeah, trading is definitely not a one-size-fits-all endeavor. :)

Topic: PCF from SC Article
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 11:08:48 AM

Happy to help!

I'm lazy, so whenever I need a PCF I ask Bruce (he spoils me) but in this case a quick look at the documentation shows the correct syntax. I'm still not sure what the difference is between an indicator version and a function version, but maybe Bruce can explain the significance (if any) Monday.

Also, it's a shame the PCF in the S&C Mag returns an error. It's not the first time I've encountered errors in the code in that magazine. I know publishing ain't easy, but c'mon ... a little proofreading would be awesome.

Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 8:14:18 AM

Haven't finished my coffee yet, but this syntax returns no error messages. Whether it does what the author intended is a question for someone else. :) ...

STOC12.1 > 78 OR STOC12.1 < 78 AND STOC12.1 > AVG(STOC12.1,3)

I prefer the dots to the commas (in this case) which allowed me to ditch a bunch of the parenthesis.

Good luck!
Posted: Saturday, March 23, 2019 7:25:30 AM

I don&#39;t use Stochastic PCFs, but you should be able to figure it out here: http://forums.worden.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=66571.

I&#39;d taka a crack at it, but I&#39;m going out on a coffee & donut run. :)

Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 3:35:18 PM

Priyaa,

If YOU had an indicator & coefficient that predicted tomorrow&#39;s closing price with 100% accuracy for over 300 consecutive occurences, would YOU share it?  Lol.

Personally, I would be fitted for a tuxedo for when I win the Nobel Prize for Economics. :)

Topic: Looking for a PCF Ninja :)
Posted: Thursday, March 21, 2019 12:32:01 PM

Lol. I keep seeing threads with familiar names at the top of the list ... looks like lots of my old ideas are still popular. :)