Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Al_Gorithm
About
User Name: Al_Gorithm
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 926
[0.32% of all post / 2.83 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Creating a Condition for a Condition Column Check Mark
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 4:54:11 PM

Thanks, Bruce!

As always, you go above and beyond!!

Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 3:22:10 PM

... and here are the 3 PCFs. Haven't compared them to yours. When you have a minute let me know what you think. Yours look shorter, maybe because this Elder-disk was developed around the time v12 was the latest and greatest ...

Red

(XAVGC13 < XAVGC13.1) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) < (XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9)))

Green

(XAVGC13 > XAVGC13.1) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) > (XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9)))

Blue 

((XAVGC13 <= XAVGC13.1) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) >= (XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9)))) OR ((XAVGC13 >= XAVGC13.1) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26 - XAVG(XAVGC12,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) <= (XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1 - XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) + XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9))))     

Thanks!

Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 3:18:07 PM

Thanks, Bruce. I&#39;m such a putz. I just went ahead and tried it - I really can&#39;t break anything.
<slaps forehead>

Being a programmer, I assumed 0 would be False. Honestly didn&#39;t even look at the PCFs.

It seems to be working. The one or two that didn&#39;t I&#39;m assuming is because the market is open and price just caused a color change between the time the watchlist columns rendered and the time I looked at that particular chart.

Which brings up another question, but that&#39;s for another day.

Thanks!

Posted: Monday, May 21, 2018 3:03:15 PM

Hey Bruce, having a senior moment ...

The screen grab below is from a workspace from the "Elder-disk" I bought once upon a time. I wanted to take the three Impulse colors and, in addition to the row of dots plotted on the chart. add three condition columns to a watchlist when each of the red, green, and blue conditios are true.

In the dialog below, is False = 0? True = 1? (Or some other value?)

So, when I want to display a check in my watchlist when the condition is True, can I accept the default choice below? (ie, Greater than 0.00).

Topic: Mr. Al Gorithm is in the house!
Posted: Friday, May 18, 2018 9:45:17 PM

Hello World! :)

Being a Software Developer by trade, and with all the algorithmic trading floating around Wall Street these days, I thought it was time to change my TC2000 UserName.

You can call me Al, or Algo, or Al Gorithm ... just don&#39;t call me late for dinner!

A huge shoutout to Gary for finding the time to change my username while attending to all the other Worden customers during today&#39;s Training Class in beautiful Schaumburg, Illinois, just outside Chicago.

It was a pleasure meeting Barry, the "brokerage guy".

And, Michael ... you are the awesomest.

Can&#39;t wait until tomorrow morning. Not sure I&#39;m going to get any sleep tonight - my head is spinning with ideas on how to use all the v18 goodies I learned about in class.

Bruce, after Saturday&#39;s session, I&#39;ll probably be back in the forums with some questions. Stay tuned.

Topic: IV Rank (Implied Volatility)
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2018 8:42:12 AM

Good point. Thanks! I&#39;ll just have to see what&#39;s available and see if it&#39;s viable.

There&#39;s more than one way to skin a ...

Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 9:52:13 AM

Going off-grid for a few hours. Might not make it back online until tomorrow morning.

StockGuy, thanks for the suggestion!

Bruce, when you have a minute I&#39;d like your input as well.

Have a great weekend, y&#39;all. :)

P.S. One question that just popped into my head is - do I plot IV on the equity&#39;s chart, or its option chart? (I&#39;m guessing the latter, but don&#39;t want to assume).

Also, I&#39;m assuming IV, and IV Rank, varies by Strike Price. I&#39;m interested in studying IV Rank across all Strike Prices in an Option Chain. Doable? Can this be plotted? Or scanned for?

Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 9:42:45 AM

Found this calculation on TastyTrade ...

100 x (the current IV level - the 52 week IV low) / (the 52 week IV high - 52 week IV low) = IV Rank

Source: http://tastytradenetwork.squarespace.com/tt/blog/implied-volatility-rank

Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 9:32:05 AM

Happy Friday Bruce!

I&#39;ve been ignoring volatility too long. Time to add it to my toolbox.

I&#39;ve heard of Implied Volatility, and I see it on TC2000 option chains, but ... what about IV Rank? Is there an off-the-shelf indicator? Is there a PCF formula?

My (limited) understanding of IV Rank is that it is a measure of Implied Volatilty against itself, plotted on a scale between 1 and 100. I&#39;m assuming the lookback period is a parameter based on personal preference. 

We may not even need a PCF. One of the many oscillators we already have should have a 0 to 100 range. Maybe we can use a canned oscillator and change the data source from price to Implied Volatilty?

Of course, I don&#39;t want to reinvent any wheels. You and I both have better things to do this weekend. :)

So my first question is ... have you heard of IV Rank? Is there something already available in TC2000?

Inquiring baristas want to know.

Source: https://skyviewtrading.com/video-lesson-2-pa19ae/

Topic: Delayed Start-up Each Day
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 8:28:27 AM

And, asking the same question 7 days apart and expecting a different result is the defintion of, um, never mind.

Have a great weekend!