Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: knockout98
About
User Name: knockout98
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scanning for Potential Breakouts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 4:33:52 PM

Thank you. I will experiment with this!

Topic: Scanning for Potential Breakouts
Posted: Friday, June 23, 2017 11:33:56 AM

I am a bit familiar with the formulas but I am having a hard time creating the scan below. Can you help out. I want to scan for a potential breakout when a stock is consolidating and holding support near its high of day and about to make a new high of da:?

Here is what I want to check for and what I think the formula is:

scan on OTC and pink sheets: List to Scan: "NASDAQ Pink Sheets"

stock opens and stays higher than the high of yesterday: "(L>H1)"

volume on open is greater than 100k: "V>100000"

20 day simple moving avereage is greater than 40000: "AvgV20>40000"

stock consolidates near the high on open and maintains support near that high: [don't know how to do this]

the stock is uptrending a little bit around 3 pm of today and about to test the high of the day/morning: [don't know how to do this]

the stock is not overextended: [don't know how to do this]

lastly: if I wanted to add another a condition that the new high of day has just occured and I want to specify that the breakout volume of the 5 minute candle that broke the day's high should be 2x greater than each volume of the the last ten 5 minute candles, how would I do that?

Assume the blue circle in the picture represents one day and that the price consolidates closer to the morning high. Thanks!

Topic: Custom Scan
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:37:42 PM

The link didn't work but here is what I did in short:

For lists to scan in the TC2000, I chose "US Common Stocks",

For the Exchange, it allows me to choose only NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ.

I didn't see excluding OTCBB as an option in TC2000

For the 20 day simple moving average greter than 40000 shares, I chose the indicator as "volume" and specified that the condition as value is "greater than" "40000", "x bars in a row", with x being "20" and the timeframe begin "Daily"

For the real gap up, I used this TC2000 formula: "(L > (H1*1.026))" with the formula value being set to "Is true", True being set to "Now" and Timeframe being set to "Daily"

For the improving rsi, (for today's rsi(14) > 3 as an example)  I chose "Wilder's RSI14" as the indicator with the condition being that the value is greater than "30" with True being "Now" and Timeframe being "Daily". I added similar conditions for the other RSI taking into consideration that for example 2 days ago rsi condition should have True set to be "x bars ago" and Bars ago set to be "2".

I do not get the same results as the stockcharts scan does. What part is wrong? Is there a better way of doing this? Could the whole scan be implemented as a formula?

Topic: Custom Scan
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 9:21:42 PM

Hi All,

I am transitioning from using scans on Stockcharts to TC2000 scans and so far have been unsucessful with converting the stockchart scans to TC2000 scans. What am I doing wrong?

Stockcharts Scan:

[type = stock] //it is a stock
AND [country = us] //a us stock
AND [[exchange = Nasdaq] OR [exchange = NYSE] OR [exchange = AMEX]] //nasdaq/nyse/amex
AND [exchange != OTCBB] //not otc bulletin board, i think
AND [Daily SMA(20,Daily Volume) > 40000] //good volume //20-day simple moving average (sma) is greater than 40,000 shares 
AND [today's low > yesterday's high * 1.026]// real gap up
AND  [today&#39;s rsi(14) > 30] and [yesterday&#39;s rsi(14) < 29] and [2 days ago rsi(14) < 28] and [3 days ago rsi(14) < 27] //oversold with improving rsi

TC2000 Scan
Here is a screenshot of the TC2000 scan: