Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: clifpa
About
User Name: clifpa
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 49
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: tc v12 pcf for testing volitility %
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 11:00:08 AM

Thanks Bruce, really appreciate the time you took in your reply.

Got it and thank you,

Cliff

Topic: tc v12 pcf for testing volitility %
Posted: Thursday, April 19, 2012 8:48:43 AM

How would I write a pcf that would select a range of logrithmetic % only, i.e., I only want to see stocks above 3% and below, say, 6%?

No problem in the old TC version but the landscape has changed.

tu,

Cliff

Topic: Need help with writing a PCF
Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 2:30:21 PM
Ouch, Bruce...

Why would they do that. We all use this % for the volatility in our chat room of 70+.

It surprises me that this would just be dropped. Any chance they will re-consider?

tu Bruce
Topic: Need help with writing a PCF
Posted: Wednesday, September 7, 2011 1:27:50 PM
Morning,

In the old TC2007 version I had pcf code to check the % volatility and filter based on that %.

In the new beta version of TC 12 I now have a % also but somehow way different then what I have been used to seeing in the old version. Even when I increase the grid lines I have no clue what I should expect to see. Wish there was something in the Help files.

Would you please help me with the pcf code to target the beta version's % volatility in a pcf so as to filter out any stock which is below 5% volatility?

Thanks, Cliff
Topic: TC 2011
Posted: Saturday, January 22, 2011 11:15:30 AM
I'm checking out the beta TC2011 and already have a few questions;

1) Is ZOOM still supported? I have code that uses this old feature.

2) In the old version I created an EasyScan I call MyUniverse which includes some redundant stuff like List to Scan, volume, price, volitility, etc. so I don't need to include these in my other EasyScans...I only need to select MyUniverse in all my new/existing EasyScans, problem, when I try to select MyUniverse for List to Scan I can't find it...what do I do now?

3) Do I understand correctly; I no longer need to perform a nightly update of my scans but that TC2011 (using Gold) will perform updates through-out the day with a 15m delay?

4) when I imported my old data it didn't look like it worked so stupid me I did another one and now have duplicates of everything...what is the best way to clean this up?

Looking good so far...

Thanks, Cliff
Topic: logarithmic question
Posted: Saturday, September 25, 2010 11:55:58 AM
The code works just great; exactly what I was looking for.

Perfect.

Thanks again Bruce.

Cliff
Posted: Tuesday, September 21, 2010 7:30:31 AM
Thanks Bruce,

I wasn't on the attack FYI,

I went through them and stupid me guess I missed the response. I might have had something in mind and when I got to your answer it didn't register.

Thanks again Bruce
Posted: Saturday, September 18, 2010 8:58:03 AM
Bruce, I can't make heads-nor-tails out of the link you gave me.

again,

I want to add code to a couple of my pcf scans to only list stocks where logartihmic >= 5%  using zoom 6.

Would you please help me with this code; thanks
Topic: Chart Scale Increment
Posted: Monday, November 16, 2009 12:49:30 PM
Thanks Bruce,

Got it now.

Super job.
Topic: Chart Scale Increment
Posted: Saturday, November 14, 2009 1:30:49 PM
I think I'm getting it.

One more question; do I need my daily chart to be at the same zoom that I'm scanning for or can I have my daily chart on one zoom and still use my scan using a different zoom criteria?

I like to use a longer range then what I'm actually scanning for?

Hope this make sense,

Thanks, Cliff