Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: multiplx2
About
User Name: multiplx2
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: PCF Help
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:56:47 PM

Thanks Bruce for your help.

Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 10:00:52 PM

Two last questions.

As noted above, the object was for projected PCF formula that would include both indicators and provide an "and/or" signal, if either one or both turned up thru their respective moving averages.

1) Assume after the "OR" in your formula above, the "FAVG" takes the place of the Coppock Curve parameters?

2) I noticed Worden Stochastics 25/8 with %D at 7 is a good substitute for my Coppock Curve. Could Worden be substituted for the second part as the "OR" formula. If so, how would that total combined formula be written?

Thanks again. You have always helped me greatly with these intricate math.

GS

Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 8:22:31 PM

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

Will also look at ver 17 as soon as time permits.

Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2017 4:10:24 PM

Just to add more detail to my question above...

I use a MACD indicator with 19/28 parameters and a FW Moving Average 8 of that configuration.

I also use a Coppock Curve with 10-12-11 parameters' and a FW Moving Average 8 of that configuration.

My projected PCF formula would include both indicators and provide an "and/or" signal, if either one or both turned up thru their respective moving averages.

If a PCF formula could be written for this plan and adjusted parameters, how would that be done (or is there an alternate idea available)?

Thanks again for your help.

Posted: Sunday, April 9, 2017 3:36:39 PM

If one modifies one your indicators, such as MACD with different parameters outside the standard ones or even renames it, can that "new" indicator now be used in a PCF formula?

Thanks for your help.

Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 2:28:45 PM

Bruce,

That seems to fit the bill better than anything else. If any adjustments are necessary, will attempt to do them myself from your guidelines.

Thanks for your expertise.

Garry

Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 11:22:22 AM

Bruce,

The object of this exercise is to select only those stocks in uptrends and which have achieved new highs (say 30 day highs or more) but have now been in a retracement (downtrend) period from those new highs for between 7 and 21 days only.

Can you help? Not sure how this could be written.

Appreciate your assistance on this.

Garry

Posted: Friday, January 30, 2015 11:21:27 AM

Bruce,

The object of this exercise is to select only those stocks in uptrends and which have achieved new highs (say 30 day highs or more) but have now been in a retracement (downtrend) period from those new highs for between 7 and 21 days only.

Can you help? Not sure how this could be written.

Appreciate your assistance on this.

Garry

Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 10:54:54 AM

Bruce,

Don't know if this is even possible, but could a PCF be written to show stocks which have been in a retracement (downtrend) for between 7 and 21 days only

If so, how could this be written?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Garry

Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 2:43:59 PM

Bruce,

As noted and as a workaround....

Could not a sorting function (or display) identify when, for example, all 5 conditions were first observed?

Thanks.