Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sofakingcooool_69
About
User Name: sofakingcooool_69
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Help with a scan condition
Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 11:05:48 AM

Your formula worked as it has on the other posts I have read and played with, thank you very much once again!

Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:51:22 AM

Thanks Bruce, and that actually makes sense.  I was just in TC2000's help page of "Boolean Logical Operators Truth Table" and kept saying it just makes sense to use this "AND" operator.  I'm taking notes and I was trying to use

HAVGC0.-1<HAVGO0.-1 AND HAVGC1.-1>HAVGO1.-1

Now that you write it like that it makes more sense.  I will input this and post once I can get some results I like!!!

I think the offset was throwing me off as I use the offset in my chart to compare it against other indicators to try and get the timing right.

Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 10:11:07 AM

My apologies it is poorly worded but yes this is what I need.  I am scanning with a few different PCFs but just can&#39;t figure this one out.  I am a shorter term trader (2-5 days) and have narrowed in on the HMA15(-1) crossing certain pivot points, but if I could time it so the indicator turns from negative to postive (going down to going up) such as in the stock CI on 9/26/2017, it would greatly help me scan more efficiently.

Posted: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 9:57:25 AM

I would like to create a scan condition in which the Hull Moving Average (HMA) transfers from a negative value to a positive value.  I use a HMA15 with offset of (-1).  Can anyone direct me in how to do this?  Thanks in advance.