Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dhirenshah
About
User Name: dhirenshah
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 165
[0.06% of all post / 0.09 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Swing PCF
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:03:46 PM

BRUCE BRUCE BRUCE you da Man !

that is exactly what i wanted - you don;t know but u just computed complex harmonic patterns .... i m deeply thankful to u ... i asked u about this few years back and at that time i didn't have a good way back testing but now u make it look everything simple on chart !

TCmail me your Hamptons address and I will send you bucket of goodies  !:))

thanks a lot again brother

Cheers!

Dhiren

Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 2:26:06 PM

Yes Bruce you are absolutely correct on your swing details you mentioned but  fib retracement example what u mentioned on ORLY taking swing low $239.12 and swing high as $270.10 that is because you drawing fib retracement from low to upper left  which has already occured but i m drawing fib retracement from swing low to upper right which is currently occuring ,,, so thats where swing low is defined correctly for both of us as $239.12 and for me the most recent high (not necessarily the 13 bar swinghigh)  but only most recent high was may 15th   $260.31 and todays current low when i m drawing  fib retracement from low of $239.12 to high of $260.31 the current low comes at that number of 55 approx  that is what i want as output in formula ....

Same for NFLX  u are correct in identifying swing high of $148.29 because u drawing from low to upper left that is already occured but i m wanting the swing low $138.66 and drawing to most recent high $161.78 happened on MAy 15 2017 and toda'ys current low (153.24) when drawing fib retracement from $ 148.29 to 161.78 comes at number 37.00 so i want that number 37.00 in custom formula

hope it helps ,

thanks

Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 1:49:33 PM

Bruce i like the idea what u have done but this is not what i wanted as a final number in output

for example ORLY " on daily custom indicator formula that u did has number as 69.17  but when i draw fib retracement from 13 bar swing low to recent swing  high the current low is i m guessing at 55.02(approx) and your formula gives  69.17 so i wanted the number as 55.02 in my output result(which the fib ratio as where the the current low is resting) -- hope it make sense ?? and not 69.17 so how to fix that and more or less i think u have come very near to the idea ...

Another good example take NFLX on daily where13 bar swing low is April 19th 2017 and most recent high is may 15th 2017 so   current low is just above 38.2 % fib retracement when drawn from swing low to recent high  so my output number in the formula u just did should come out as 37.00 as value for current low $153.24 will match with number 37.00 in fib retracement from swing low to recent high as drawn from low to high ! but ypur formula give it as -51.40 so i don;t know how to fix that !

Sorry for all trouble but this is will give me quick easy way to find where stock is at in terms for fib retracement when i run a sorting list ....

Thanks for being patient and working on with me on this idea...

Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 11:33:27 AM

Excellent Yes Bruce the formula that you did is correct idea i was looking for 0.382 to 0.50  near the top of the range and good examples are RCL AND HON on daily chart and even FSLR qualifies for this formula idea that i was looking for , they were perfect thanks a lot ,

And your question I probably should know which direction you actually mean if I am going to write a formula to calculate retracement based on the low of the current bar.

so to that context taking example of " ORLY" on daily chart .. where we have clear defined 13 bar swing low and when i draw fib retracement from swing low May 01 2017 to the most recent high on May 15th  the current low of today falls between 50 and 61.8% fib retracement when drawn from 13 bar swing low to recent high  so my specific question was " i want to find out where is the current price low in relation to 13 bar swing low in terms of ratio whether the current low is 51% , 52% ,53% or 58.5% etc i needed that ratio value in number ??

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 3:18:21 AM

Ouch Bruce ,that;s one heck of a formula... i can't even think of coding this one ,didn't realize that pcf will have to go this long,,,, but your pcf gives me results that i can eyeball and work around.thanks a lot-

could you please do one more for the same logic - but this time current price low is touching or between 0.382 and 50% when fib retracement is drawn from swing low to swing high and it is necessary that current CLOSE cannot go below 50%  of the swing low to swing high retracement  thats where i need pcf to be true , also in some cases swing high may not have been formed with 13 bars since the retracement is shallow so emphasis will be more on to using 13 bar  swing low  for sure to be complete with most recent high for retacement of current low to rest in area of 0.382 - 50% - like incase of "Jack "swing low was complete but swing high did not have 13 bars yet to mark it as a 13 bar swing high, 

And last question on this topic if possible -

i want to find out where is the current price low in relation to 13 bar swing low in terms of ratio , so how to do that ?

Cheers :)

Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 3:36:38 PM

Hey Bruce 

i need help to create a pcf please 

for swing low i use this L13 * ABS(MINL13 > L13 AND L13 < MINL13.14)  and for swing high i use this H13 * ABS(MAXH13 < H13 AND H13 > MAXH13.14)

so the pcf i want to create is that current low within last 5 bars is touching or in between  0.618 or  0.786 from the swing low to swing high when a fib retracement is drawn , 

is there a way to do the pcf ?? 

example is JACK "  on daily chart and swing low was april 18th and swing high was may 05th and low touching 0.786 was may 15th 

hope that helps 

Regards

Topic: SPEARMAN INDICATOR OSCILLATOR
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 2:44:36 AM

Hi Bruce 

hope you doing good,  just wondering is V17 now capable to make this Spearman Indicator as discussed in past , if so could you please help to create for 9 period

And in the new Beta version did the developers got chance to add toggle CTRL B " for heikanashi bars ?

Regards

Dhiren

Topic: Ratio Analysis
Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:40:25 PM

Alrite Bruce then one last request on this topic can u pls give me pcf indicator formula for "moving up from negative side towards zero ? but not necessarily crossing zero and inverse for the same for moving down from positive side towards zero but not necessarily crossing below zero

100 * SUM(IIF(H > L, (C - O) / (H - L) * V, 0), 13) / SUM(IIF(H > L, ABS(C - O) / (H - L) * V, 0), 13)

thanks a lot for your help

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 12:38:20 PM

Bruce the second formula is better but im trying to make it more proper defined" where
when the buying and selling really translates into price movement"

so in the second formula is there a math idea to do close is greater then open in numerator and still get negative values  ??

because my idea is  " if you open on a low and close on high all the activity of the day was buying and if you open on high and close on a low all the activity of the day were selling like running a cumulative index, "

so in your second formula SUM(IIF(H > L, (C - O) / (H - L) * V, 0), 13)  where can we add close is above open to seggregate all positive days of buying in that 13 bar period to get overbought or oversold

Regards

Posted: Tuesday, April 18, 2017 10:54:52 AM

Thanks Bruce

but i wanted to have the ratio go below zero as well to see the selling pressure days as per your formula it stays above zero only !

so what to tweak to get buying pressure days and divide by absolute value of buying pressure  plus (+) selling pressure, so output will be RATIO of buying pressure

thanks again