Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pianopilot
About
User Name: pianopilot
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 45
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: gap study continuation and breakaway
Posted: Tuesday, May 23, 2017 1:02:25 AM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the code, it works great and will help in the study of gap behavior. In intra-day study it signals with each candle the meets the conditions. Of course, since StockFinder is quite limited in downloadable data, the daily backtesting is great.

Blessings,

Ed

Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 2:08:20 PM

At this time my concern is for the % input to be the size of the initial gap. (It seems like different Size Gaps have different behaviors, thus the input to compare.)

The condition should return True as long as today's close is Above today's Open if gapping up from Close (1); and vise versa, True as long as today's close is Below todays Open if gapping down from Close(1).

Thanks,

Ed

Posted: Monday, May 22, 2017 11:14:41 AM

Hi Bruce,

I am grateful for the help you gave me last week in gap fills. But as I continue my study of Gaps, I am finding that many stocks that gap up or down, measured from Close (1) to Open, do not "fill" the opening gap during the day, but Continue in the directio of the Gap. For example, Stock XYZ Closes yesterday at $10.00, but Opens today at $12.00. During this day Stock XYZ Never fills the gap by moving back down to $12.00 but continues up in price, and Closes the day with price Above $12.00. 

Stock XYZ may drop in price for a while, but Never fills the gap a any time.  I think this type gap is called a "Continuation Gap" or a "Breakaway Gap."

Can you code a condition for StockFinder the tracks stocks that "continue" in the direction of the gap AND Never fill that day, but close higher for Up Gaps, and lower for down gaps? Inputs would be size (%) and direction, for daily and intraday study.

Thanks,

Ed

Topic: Gap Fill Daily
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2017 6:31:11 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks or the condition formulas!!  They work great, both Daily and Intra-day.

Ed

Topic: Gap Fill Daily
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2017 1:31:27 PM

Hi Bruce,

Gap Fill Daily

Please help with a formula for Gap Fill in StockFinder.  Gap is defined as Price distance from C(1) to Open.  The Gap can be either Up or Down.  Gap Fill must occur the next day, and must at a Minimun Completely fill the Gap, but price movement of the Fill may Continue past the C(1).  For Instance price of stock XYZ closes at $10.00 Yesterday.  This morning it Opens at $12.00, so there is an Up Gap of $2.00.  To fill the Gap today, XYZ must drop a Minimum of $2.00 back to $10.00, C(1) during today's trading, but price can drop Past the fill mark of $10.00 to $9.75 or less.

Can you help to design two (2) separate Real Code Conditions to verify Gap Fills, One for Up Gaps and One for Down Gaps? Input variables would be Gap Size in %, and Direction of Gap, Up or Down.  Would need to be for Intra-Day, and Daily time Frames.

Also, is there a way to determine the TIME of the Gap Fill? If I am in 1-hour Time Frame, will I know the Gap was filled during that Time Segment, say 11:00 am to 12:00 pm? It would be great to know the specifice Time that the Gap was Filled.

Thanks for your help.  I am open to questions or suggestions.

Ed

Topic: Pivot Point Bounce
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 1:17:30 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks soooo.. much! The Condition works great!  And I like the fact that it whizzes through calculatons. It will be fun to work with.

Thanks again,

Ed

Posted: Friday, July 17, 2015 1:30:57 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for your help.  I see now that I need a small adjustment. 

Can you make the daily price below/ above the PP "caress," and not violate PP.  As it stands now, price action thoughut the day can violate PP. I don't care how much movement is in the daily price, if it is a small or large candle.

Where Today's Price is BELOW PP and within predefined limits...

Also Today&#39;s HIGH is < = PP

And where Today&#39;s Price is ABOVE PP and within predefned limits.. 

Also Today&#39;s LOW is > = PP

As you can see, I&#39;m wanting the High of the day (in action below PP) not to violate PP, and vice versa, Low of the day (in action Above PP) not to violate PP.

Thanks so much for your help,

Ed

Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2015 12:08:56 PM

Bruce,

Can you write Real Code for a specific area Just to the North or South of the Pivot Points with User Inputs? Such that the Rule excites when Price enters that specific area?

I.e. 1) Price < Pivot Point AND Including Price Down to x% Below PP.

2) Price > PP AND Including Price Up to x% Above PP.

My theory is that Price will Bounce when it reaches these areas.  For Instance, if I am trading UP to PP, I don&#39;t want price o Quite reach PP, but too BOUNCE just before it reaches PP. ( Price <PP And Including Price Down to x% Below PP)

The Real Code you gave in an earlier post works great for drawing horizontal lines for the PP, S1, S2, R1, R2, etc. and with user inputs. But in doing a Back Scan, a Condition for Price <PP will necessarily include stocks too far South.  I want to limit the REACH South of PP by a Specific%.

And then a different code to excite when Price > PP AND Up to x% Above PP.

Thanks for your Help,

Ed

Topic: volatility stop indicator
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2015 2:57:37 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for the information.  The indicator works great, and behaves similar to Wilder&#39;s PSAR.

Thanks, Ed

Topic: volatility stop indicator
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2015 5:05:54 PM

Bruce,

Thanks.. Is Period the look back period in time segments as given on the Chart, and the Factor the multiples of ATR?

Thanks, Ed