Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: neil.galloway
About
User Name: neil.galloway
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 7
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Export watchlist to Excel
Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2018 3:32:41 PM

Any word on this case or workaround available?  Copy/paste from a grid seems like it would be a relatively simple ask as copy/paste does work already for the symbols.

My situation is this and maybe you have another way to do it:

• I'm trying to backtest a strategy
  • I'm trading on the 2m chart
  • I have easyscans that output my scan results and how they performed for a day historically.
  • I would like to take the entire contents of my watchlist (symbol from scan, columns showing how it would look if I scanned it at the same point in time, and what the results were for the day)
  • I want to keep it in Excel and perform analysis on the # of symbols and how the strategy performs over time.
  • A simple copy/paste would be extremely useful.
Topic: Date Calculations Within The Day
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 11:44:56 AM

I would like to be able to pro-rate the volume for the current day to estimate the daily volume.  Is this possible?

My hope was that there may be a function that indicates current time somehow and I could then use it to calculate the percentage of the trading day has been completed and divide it into the volume to get a estimated daily volume.  

The goal is to create a filter to eliminate lower liquidity stocks.  

Other suggestions to achieve this are welcome.

Is there also a way to determine the # of trades actually done in the day?  More frequent trades would be another way to look at the liquidity even if daily volume is lower.

Topic: Definition of Volume Buzz
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:14:45 AM

If I wanted to create a scan condition...is it possible to include time values in a formula to pro-rate volume comparison for the day?

Topic: Definition of Volume Buzz
Posted: Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:43:44 AM

Is there a definition or formula that explains how Volume Buzz is derived.  My intent it to find stocks that are trading abnormally according to their volume and this indicator seems useful, but I would like to undertand its inner workings.

Topic: Alerts Default to Wrong Indicator
Posted: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:06:56 PM

This has probably been asked alrady but could not find when searching.

I have added other indicators onto the same plot area.  Now, when I click on a trendline and add an alert, it defaults to the indicator formula I wrote as the value to monitor...when I really want to alert on price.  

How do I change it so my alerts are for price and not some other indicator?

Topic: Drawing R/R Lines - Multiple Horizontal Lines Equal Distance Apart - Quick Method?
Posted: Monday, April 29, 2013 12:43:08 PM

I use an exit strategy that works using multiples of the risk/reward multiples.

For example, I set a stop loss and my entry price - stop price dictates my risk.  I then draw lines in multiples up from there.  If my risk was 50 cents and I purchased at $4.33, then I draw lines at $4.83, $5.33, $5,83, and so on.  I adjust my stop based on rules I use when it crosses various lines.

I know some trading softare allows you to draw this very quickly...you just click on the entry price and drag down to the stop price and it auto draws all the R/R lines above it going all the way up.

Is there a similar method to get this in TC2000?  The Fibonacci Retracement exhibits the exact workflow I'm wanting, I just want to draw the lines in a different manner. 

Currently, I have to put each horizontal line on myself...click on the line and edit the price to get it spot on and then repeat.  Takes a short time...but still kind of annoying.  Fibonacci would also allow me to draw it and then edit it to set each line to exactly the value I want which is still a bit annoying.

Topic: Bollinger Bandwidth Average Over Time Period
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 2:08:41 PM

I'm trying to find stocks that have been consolidating over a period of time (in my case it is a few days and I'm using 15 minute candles) and have then broke out in a direction.  Tried to upload screenshot, but couldn't figure it out.  I was looking at NIHD over the period of April 11th to end of April 17th (2013).  The BBwidth was getting lower and lower so thought an average of that would be useful.

I can add the current BBandW value as a column to my stock lists but it is just the most recent value, but it doesn't really indicate the last period of time.  

I thought a method would be to find something with a low BBandW over say the last 60 candles. 

i.e. This is invalid syntax in TC2000 but to illustrate my point

(BBandW(50,2) + BBandW(50,2).1 + ... + BBandW(50,2).n)/n

This would give me the average and I could then sort/filter for consolidating stocks and add back in my breakout criteria.

Or perhaps there is a better way...by just modifying criteria for the BBW itself...I couldn't figure it out.