Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: f41909
About
User Name: f41909
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Both Upper and Lower Bollinger Bands Outside of Moving Average
Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 12:02:09 PM

Bruce, actually by playing around with the BB some more I was able to make it work.  I changed the BB data source from the 50 day MA to the Real Motion indicator with a setting of (50,1) and it looks fine now.   Maybe the BB has to be set with each indicator consecutively so that both indicators are referenced?   Well, anyway it works so I am happy now.   Thanks for your assistance.

Posted: Wednesday, July 5, 2017 11:25:52 AM

But isn't the point of the Bollinger Bands to show the standard deviation above and below the indicator?   How can I get the 50 Day Moving Average of the Real Motion indicator to display inside the upper and lower Bollinger Bands?

Posted: Monday, July 3, 2017 7:46:54 PM

I have TC2000 v17.   I created a custom indicator based on price which returns a numeric value.   I then plotted a 50 day moving average using the custom indicator as the data source.   Then I plotted a bollinger band (20,1 or 50,1) using the moving average as the data source but both the upper and lower bollinger bands are mostly both below or above the moving average.   The moving average just moves above and below both bands.  I expected the moving average to remain inside the bollinger bands.   What am I doing wrong?   I added screen shots below as an example.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                                   Tony

Topic: ATR Syntax for Condition Formula
Posted: Monday, January 7, 2013 1:30:13 PM

What would be the syntax for the ATR indicator in a condition formula?   I can't just create a condition scan directly from the chart since I want to do a calculation such as ATR6 is less than half of the value of ATR100.   Thanks for your assistance.

Topic: Create Condition for Wilder RSI with Moving Average
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 1:55:36 AM

Is there an example somewhere of a condition using the Wilder RSI with the associated moving average?  I would like to use this indicator in a scan but all I can find is just examples of the normal RSI, not Wilders RSI

Thanks in advance for any assistance.