Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: burls
About
User Name: burls
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 66
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: % X above/below upper/lower BB
Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 5:41:27 PM

I'm not sure I understand.....Perhaps I missed something so I'll walk thru what I did

1. I opened up New RealCode Condition....

2. Saved the code which you had sent (which had Percent = UserInput.Integer = 10)  and used the "Show True Markers" no problem...conditions that were true were marked

3. I then Changed the Percent = UserInput.Integer from 10 to 2....applied and nothing was marked via the true markers

4. I let you know it didn't work and you said  "You need to Edit the condition and change the Percent setting in the User Input that was created by the RealCode."

5. I then mentioned that the indicator was set correctly.

6. You then said "If the Bollinger Band is set up how you want, there shouldn't be anything to change in the Condition besides the Percent setting".....But in #3 above I had only changed the Percent setting...but nothing was marked...

So not sure what to do as the indicator is set correctly....and only want to change the user input integer from 10 to 2....

Appreciate your patience,

Burls

Posted: Thursday, January 31, 2013 4:12:41 PM

Hi Bruce,

Two things I'm not sure about.....

-You said I need to Edit the condition and Change the Percent setting...so problem changing the Percent setting but not sure what to Edit in the indicator as the BB indicator is set to what I want....

-Second part is I set the stoch. to 1 period....as an example-I checked AMZN on Oct. 25/12...the low of the day was $222.92 and it closed at $222.92...but stoch. was at 24.34.....

I selected from the Indicator choices   "Stochastics"...and changed the default setting of 12 period to 1

I must be missing something...

Thanks again, Burls

Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:47:52 PM

Hi Bruce,

When I pasted the formula you supplied-no problem-those at greater than 10% were identified....but when I put in # Percent = UserInput.Integer = 2....nothing was identified....

'# BBTop = chart.BollingerBands.0
'# BBBottom = chart.BollingerBands.1
'# Percent = UserInput.Integer = 2
If Price.Last >= (1 + Percent / 100) * BBTop.Value OrElse _
Price.Last <= (1 - Percent / 100) * BBBottom.Value Then Pass

Thanks, Burls......
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:24:28 PM

Sorry re-posted the my 1st reply...(Thanks for the formula on that one) but was looking to add this question..

I set the stoch. to 1 period....as an example-I checked AMZN on Oct. 25/12...the low of the day was $222.92 and it closed at $222.92...but stoch. was at 24.34.....

I selected from the Indicator choices   "Stochastics"...and changed the default setting of 12 period to 1

I must be missing something...

Thanks again, Burls

Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 5:18:32 PM

I&#39;m not sure this will give me what I&#39;m looking for..."So if Bollinger b is 110, then it is 10% of the width of the Bollinger Bands above the Top Bollinger Band"

As an example the SPY on Nov 8/12 closed at $138.04.....Lower band = $138.67......and %b = -8.22...but the SPY was not 8.22% below the lower band...

I would not want to get the SPY on my list until it was 10% below $138.67

Perhaps I&#39;m missing something?

Thanks, Burls

Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2013 4:42:01 PM

I&#39;m not sure this will give me what I&#39;m looking for..."So if Bollinger b is 110, then it is 10% of the width of the Bollinger Bands above the Top Bollinger Band"

As an example the SPY on Nov 8/12 closed at $138.04.....Lower band = $138.67......and %b = -8.22...but the SPY was not 8.22% below the lower band...

I would not want to get the SPY on my list until it was 10% below $138.67

Perhaps I&#39;m missing something?

Thanks, Burls

Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 5:19:27 PM

Hi,

I tried seaching for a SF 5.0 formula (I can adjust for below or above the B) that would provide the following-but was unable to find one-can you help me out?

BB 20, StdDev 2.00

Todays price low (high) was "X" % or more below (above)  the lower (upper) BB

Closed in bottom "X" % of the day&#39;s range

Thanks, Burls

Topic: MACD Histo >0 <0 different colours
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 4:40:50 PM

Thanks!!

Topic: MACD Histo >0 <0 different colours
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:44:26 PM

Hi,

I&#39;m trying to have it such that when the MACD Histo is > 0 it is one color and when <0 it is another....I found an older post that had this RealCode-I changed the colors based on the selection provided by SF 5.1 but got errors about Lineinput and Plotcolor not being being declared.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks, Burls

If Lineinput >= 0 Then
 PlotColor = color.DarkOliveGreen
Else
 PlotColor = color.RosyBrown
End If

Topic: MACD re: Horizontal Line
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:26:31 PM

Thanks...