Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: acamb626
About
User Name: acamb626
Groups: Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: VWAP
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 10:47:35 AM
Is there a VWAP indicator in StockFinder?
Topic: News Buzz
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 7:40:17 AM

I only want to know what the "news buzz" is from the prior days close to the opening of the current day. Can I set this in the indicator?

Topic: Export Watch List
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:02:08 AM
Is there a way to export a watch list?
Topic: Export to excel
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:00:17 AM
Is it possible to export a current watchlist to Excel or import a watchlist?
Topic: News Buzz
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 8:02:01 AM
Is there a way to scan my current watchlist to find if any stock has any news that day? It would not matter what the news was just that there was news on the current day.
Topic: Stock Scan
Posted: Thursday, April 30, 2009 6:32:38 AM
OK Sorry for the ambiguity. I will try to be more specific.

1. The scan would look for the strongest stock within the strongest 5 sub industry based on percentage within the past 5 days.
2.This would be met by completing number 1.
3.If Price.High - Price.Last <= _
    .003 * (Price.High - Price.Low) Then Pass
4.Strong Market would be any any way of ensuring that the major indexes are trending up over the past 60 minutes. There is no requiremenr for how much the market has gone up only that it has not gone down in the past hour. The S&P could be the index.
5.This would ce covered by number 4.
6.Stock should be at breakout or sup[port level. Not sure how to define this any more but maybe this can be accomplished as best as possible.
7.'# PfS = indicator.PriceforSymbol
If PfS.Last - PfS.Low <= _
    .5 * PfS.High - PfS.Low Then Pass

Topic: Stock Scan
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 8:09:06 AM
Desired Setup in StockFinder:

I would like to come as close as possible to scan for the following criteria:

1. Strong Stock
2. Strong Group
3.Stock is within 0.3% of Today's High
4. Strong Market
5. *Engine of the day looks good
6. Stock at either Breakout or Support Level
7. S&P's in "bottom half" of the days Tick Chart

*Engine refers to the overall market is generally moving upward.

Topic: 3-period EMA
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 7:45:13 AM

My Theory:

If the stock's previous bar's close crosses the 3-period EMA, it usually signals that a change in direction is soon forthcoming.

Desired Setup in StockFinder:

When a stock closes below its 3-day EMA after at least three consecutive higher highs and higher lows, and the current candle's price drops below the previous candle's low and crossed the 3-day EMA, then the system would generate a sell signal, using a 10- or 20- day moving average line (whichever is closer) as the profit/support target area to close the position. 

Note: The closest moving average from the entry signal may only be 25 cents, which may not make the trade worth while, 2-5 points (dollars) away would be a favorable risk/reward so rules should require a 2 point minimum.

Conversely, you would enter a long position when the price closes above the 3-period EMA, and where at least the previous three bars have made lower highs and lower lows. The trade can be entered when the price crosses above the previous candle's high which completed the pattern, looking for the 10- or 20-day moving average line to serve as the first resistance/target profit area where the system would send a sell signal.