Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Rosie
About
User Name: Rosie
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 33
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Pivot Points
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 9:51:03 PM
Thanks, Bruce.  That should locate the trending stocks.  Now, what about the two day reversal on wide bars?
Posted: Thursday, August 19, 2010 3:34:51 PM
OK, lets just say that "trending up" means either a positive linear regression slope or a closing price two days ago that is higher than the closing price six trading days before that two day ago candle.  Once I see how this is done, I'd like to copy it for 10 days, 15 days, etc.   The higher volume would be over the average of the number of days of the rising price.

"Topping" would mean that two days ago produced a wider than average real body that closed at or near it's high price.  A topping tail would be great, but not necessary, and higher than average volume for the day would also be great but not necessary.  The bottom tail doesn't matter.

The key reversal that I'm looking for is for yesterdays candle to also be wider than average, but one that opened high and closed low, so that the two day price action had the bears today overpowering the bulls from yesterday plus the run up over the last range of six, ten, or any other number of days.  This would seem to indicate a high percentage play for a short or a put.

The oposite action would be a good setup to go long or buy a call.
Posted: Wednesday, August 18, 2010 11:35:44 AM
I'd love to be able to scan for stocks that are topping and are about to turn lower.  These would have been trending up for "x" number of days and two days ago experienced a larger than average price range body in the same up direction, but yesterday had a larger than average price range body in the opposite direction.  Higher volume for the last two days would be great, but maybe not necessary

Obviously, I'd want to be able to scan in the opposite direction as well to find stocks that may be bottoming using the reverse criteria.

I'm willing to guess that you guys have already made such a scan, but I can't find it, or see how to modify one that is already close to what I want. 
Topic: Applying Sir Rocket Scientist Indicators
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2008 11:53:15 AM
How do I apply these overbought and oversold indicators from Friday's report.  I can add them as PCF's, but he talks about adding them as red and green indicators in his middle chart panel, and I have no idea how to do that.

Can you help me implement this concept?

Thanks,
Rosie
Topic: Find stocks up or down for each of the last 5 days
Posted: Wednesday, November 7, 2007 9:50:56 PM
How can I scan to find stocks that have moved up or down consistantly over each of the last five days?
Rosie
Topic: ADX cross over within last 5 days
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2007 5:27:40 PM

What I was hoping to find was a way to know when the +DI & -DI lines were converging, or how near or far they are from converging.  I'll be OK if  TC2000 can't do this, but since you can do just abnout everything else, I'd love it if you can do this also.  Is there any chance at all that you can?

Also, I've set my system to watch this, and other topics, but I don't get any notification when a new posting is made to this.  What am I doing wrong?

Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2007 1:42:38 PM
Thanks Bruce. That looks like a LOT of work. I'm glad that you did it and I didn't have to. I've cut and pasted them, and will see how they work out. Buy I have another question on this same topic.

I set up the 5,3 ADX indicator on my chart and can see the lines, but the indicator isn't "named" on my chart like all my other indicators are, and I can't seem to be able to do a visual scan on thi sindicator like I can on all the others. Have I done something wrong, or why is this indicator different from all the others?
Rosie
Posted: Friday, October 5, 2007 12:48:57 PM
In your formula for ADX, I've set the DX period to 5 and the Average period to 3. +DI Red, -DI Green. I only plot the red and green lines and look for cross-overs. How can I write a PCF to scan for these over the last few days (three to five) on a daily chart? Also, when I run ADX on a different time frame, weekly or interday, does the ADX formula still work, and can I scan for cross-overs in these different time frames also?
Topic: How to advance a moving average
Posted: Sunday, August 12, 2007 4:25:56 PM
How can I advance a moving average of closing price (say a five day average) three days into the future so I can use this as a baseline for another moving average to cross? I would use this crossover as a trigger to trade.
Topic: Industry Sector Rotation
Posted: Monday, November 6, 2006 10:33:53 PM
I'm interested in seeing what industry sectors are growing fastest and which are sinking out of favor, and I assume that ranking your Hemscott Industry Groups from high to low is the way to do this. However, using the daily price change % shows the industries jumping around much too quickly to be meaningful, and the monthly change seems to slow. Is there a way to sort these sectors by weekly price change, and if so, how can this be done?