Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Doug
About
User Name: Doug
Groups: Platinum User, TeleChart, Worden Staff
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 574
[0.19% of all post / 0.08 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What computer power & memory needed to multi-task and use stockfinder 5?
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 4:02:28 PM
QUOTE (Doug)
QUOTE (burls)
Hi,

Similar issues with me....and that includes after hours sorting/filtering....these are taking 7-10 minutes per and with a few of them freezing...

I have sent them layouts...they have logged onto my laptop...same results as you.....

They told me there is a problem with SF5 vs SF4 in some cases/situations and they don't have a fix or it will be put in some future update....So I'm thinking of going back to SF4 if possible....

I have an Intel i3 processor with 4 GB of ram.....

Jeff
Can you also send a copy of your layout to support, attention Doug? I don't have a copy of it and I need to get it tested and documented for the developers. I'll also follow up with support to find out where the breakdown in communication is.I need the layouts from you and mc7e to get the problem documented (duplicated, if possible) and then sent on to the developers. I'll email each of you with a case number.
I've also been able to get a copy of your information. I don't need anything, thanks. I will email you on Monday with a case number or any requests for further information.
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 3:58:08 PM
QUOTE (Doug)
QUOTE (mc7e)
I've been going back and forth with Worden reps for 5 weeks now on what to do get stockfinder 5 to stop freezing up. I've sent them layouts which they concede freezes on them too, I've given them remote access, and followed every 'solution' they've thrown my way, but with zilch results.  But that was all weeks ago now and follow up calls have been, 'we'll get back to you when we know what the problem is' or 'so-and-so will call you back' which doesn't really happen. I've been told it already went up the chain to the developers a month ago, but with no answers.
Can you email one of your layouts to support, attention Doug? I don't have any bug reports from you on this. I'll also follow up with tech support to find out why I haven't gotten anything yet.
mc7e - I've got your information from support and will work on this Monday. I'll send you an email with the case number when I am done.
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 2:23:16 PM
QUOTE (jas0501)
and seeing that the backscanner still reports incorrect Annual Return/Trade after forever, and that is a 15 minute fix
The issues with BackScanner are actually complicated. If it were a 15 minute fix, they'd have been addressed long ago. The good news is that we'll soon be working on StockFinder 5.1, which will tackle all documented BackScanner issues. If you have time, shoot an email to me with a list of the BackScanner bugs you're aware of. I'll review the database and make sure that I've got a case for everything. If I'm missing anything, I'll get with you for good instructions to reproduce the problem and get it in there ASAP.
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 2:18:17 PM
QUOTE (burls)
Hi,

Similar issues with me....and that includes after hours sorting/filtering....these are taking 7-10 minutes per and with a few of them freezing...

I have sent them layouts...they have logged onto my laptop...same results as you.....

They told me there is a problem with SF5 vs SF4 in some cases/situations and they don't have a fix or it will be put in some future update....So I'm thinking of going back to SF4 if possible....

I have an Intel i3 processor with 4 GB of ram.....

Jeff
Can you also send a copy of your layout to support, attention Doug? I don't have a copy of it and I need to get it tested and documented for the developers. I'll also follow up with support to find out where the breakdown in communication is. I need the layouts from you and mc7e to get the problem documented (duplicated, if possible) and then sent on to the developers. I'll email each of you with a case number.
Posted: Friday, November 5, 2010 2:07:50 PM
QUOTE (mc7e)
I've been going back and forth with Worden reps for 5 weeks now on what to do get stockfinder 5 to stop freezing up. I've sent them layouts which they concede freezes on them too, I've given them remote access, and followed every 'solution' they've thrown my way, but with zilch results.  But that was all weeks ago now and follow up calls have been, 'we'll get back to you when we know what the problem is' or 'so-and-so will call you back' which doesn't really happen. I've been told it already went up the chain to the developers a month ago, but with no answers.
Can you email one of your layouts to support, attention Doug? I don't have any bug reports from you on this. I'll also follow up with tech support to find out why I haven't gotten anything yet.
Topic: StockFinder Build 39 Now Available
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:45:12 PM

Those case numbers are bug reports from customers. Each customer was given the case number for their report. Further, support agents will contact them, starting tomorrow, to ensure that the fix has resolved their issue.

We have been assigning case numbers all along but haven't been dilligent in providing customers with this information. We've been working to update our bug reporting database recently and are making a real effort to change how we handle reports.

As we get farther along in the databse upgrade process, I'll find out what is possible for providing further information.

Topic: StockFinder Build 39 Now Available
Posted: Thursday, November 4, 2010 5:00:15 PM
======= StockFinder 5.0 build 39 11/3/2010 ========
- Fixed: RealCode conditions that are saved should now correctly load with a reference to price
- Fixed: Refresh Chart should now properly refresh all items
- Fixed: Market Replay should now allow intraday updates to StockFinder Platinum customers
- Fixed: Cleaned up some dialogs that were hard to view on large fonts
- Change: Indicators with Moving Averages can now choose to average the open,high,low or close value

This build corrects bug report cases 2588, 2589, 2596, 2553, 2554, 2594, 2597, 2606, 2613, 2615, and 2627. Other problems may also be corrected due to the fix for Refresh Chart.
Topic: StockFinder Build 38 Now Available
Posted: Monday, November 1, 2010 9:56:00 AM
Winnie, we're aware of the bug in build 36. We will have a new build in testing today.
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2010 11:46:44 PM
Machado, Kuf didn't quit and he isn't going anywhere. He is the one who rolled back the build to 36.Startec - TSV plotted in both build 36 and in build 38 for me. Please send your layout to support, attention Doug, and I will check it out.
Posted: Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:32:16 PM
CapGain, can you please email the layout you had problems with to support, attention Doug?