Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: islandrover
About
User Name: islandrover
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 36
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: TELECHART 2007 FOR MACOS X 10.3.9
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 5:10:10 PM
Greetings - does Telechart 2007 now work on MAC OS 10.3.9 without virtual PC or equivalent?
Topic: Importing From Excel
Posted: Sunday, January 14, 2007 2:07:33 PM
Could it be due to invisible formatting that also was imported to the notepad such as spaces and paragraph marks? In my experience, you need to remove them, one way or another.
Topic: Becoming a successful trader
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:25:51 PM
be aware... you'll never step in the same river twice.
Topic: Becoming a successful trader
Posted: Sunday, November 19, 2006 1:17:46 AM
rmr, excellent addition to the HaveNoCents post. Thanks to you both.

I haven't achieved my metric for success yet, but would add that there is a significant amount to learn about the tradestation itself(I mean that generically). That part of my development has sometimes cost most dearly. Examples: the types of stops to use; the sophisticated types of orders that are possible and their limitations; that the same order thru the same broker might be handled by the different exchanges differently; that old orders placed on a stock you no longer hold may no longer appear on your primary portfolio page but still execute; etc. There has been an awful lot of minutiae to learn... And it's really hard to anticipate what questions to ask until the sitation taps you on the shoulder or smacks you upside the head. Best bet - keep the positions small while you learn.

I recommend attending the broker's seminars/webinars and asking lots of questions, and listening to the other questions until you understand both what's being asked and the answer.

rmr's final answer is right 'on the money,'all points. My most important lessons now are about the play of expectations that led to market inflection points, past and present, and the ever-growing array of strategies that can be implemented in these trends and turns. The tcnet hottoworks club is my university; the dean is superb and the collegiality, ideal.
Topic: intraday updates and V vs. V- H
Posted: Saturday, August 19, 2006 11:23:56 PM
I found this note in the trader zoo club and wish to 1) verify and 2) if so, is it written "V-H" or "V- H" or "V -H":

"V vs V-H,

V = Todays Volume but would not update until the close thereby using yesterday's volume for the PCF

Crteria ending in -H are updated each time you update your telechart data. Even intraday

Edited on 8/14/2006 12:16:26 AM by Bill57"

thanks....
Topic: scaling
Posted: Tuesday, July 4, 2006 5:32:53 PM
Happy Independence Day, Craig - and Bruce and Dave if they're there too. Thanks for the assistance you folks have given me - that I might become better independent!

Sincerely wishing you a wonderful 4th! Go play!
islandrover
Topic: 30 day price trend vs market
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 5:47:17 PM
Thank you, Craig
Topic: 30 day price trend vs market
Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 10:32:41 AM
Hi,
Would you, could you share the algorithm for this sort criteria?
Here's hoping.... Thanks!
Topic: Trading for a living.
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2006 10:25:14 AM
Thank you, slhall.
Topic: formula problem
Posted: Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:03:24 PM
The update dialogue box lost the check for some reason.

I'm glad that I realized it wasn't updating so early in the year on one of those 'can't go too wrong' sort of rallies. The update box lost the check for some reason.

Thanks for all the rapid attention!