Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: douga98
About
User Name: douga98
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 127
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Morningstar and Zack's
Posted: Monday, July 19, 2010 3:52:17 PM
Have there been webinar's on Morningstar and Zack's Indicators.  If so where would I find them. Thanks
Topic: ZIG ZAG Real Code
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 2:31:26 PM

thanks, that does it

Topic: ZIG ZAG Real Code
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 12:30:49 PM
I want to make a modification to the ZIG ZIG line.  I have reviewed what others have done but it would be helpful to have the real code for the ZIG ZAG line or the real code behind the ZIG ZAG % Change block. I have tried to use the code of other's but I would have to take out there modifications first.  Thanks

Doug
Topic: New Column
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 1:41:11 PM
Thanks.

Some times I get very frustrated by Blocks. But this is an example to the greatness of the design concept.  The easy of adding to lists, adding Blocks, and modifing Blocks is awe inspiring.
Topic: New Column
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 10:10:13 PM
I want to add a column that shows the Category of a Mutual Fund. I see that I can use Load Column to add Industry to a Stock but I can't figure out how to add Category.

I want to be able to select a group of stocks and then sort by Category. 

I tried to edit the block diagram for Industry but without sucess.
Topic: Blocks Mutual Fund Layout
Posted: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 5:53:24 PM
Thanks. I downloaded the layout. Did you mean to have Nasdaq 100 as Main Watchlist and Sub Industry as the other.

I like both of you suggestions. Can you walk me through how to make the layout to:

1) Mutual funds in the My watchlist and all the funds in that catagory in Main watchlist or visversa.

2)  I can do your second suggestion by simply having a watchlist with one mutual fund per catagory rather than all mutual funds as you suggested.

I have made some changes to Block Diagrams but nothing like this. I think I could follow instructions or a layout with a list of what you did.
Topic: Blocks Mutual Fund Layout
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2008 10:14:57 PM
I would like to build a Mutual Fund Layout somewhat like the shared dual Watchlist layout "Sub Industry Display".

Only I want Mutual Fund Catagories on one Watchlist and the Funds within those Catagories in the other Watchlist. If you would click on a Catagory in one Watchlist it would briing up all the Funds within that Catagory in the other Watchlist.

Any help to get me started would be appreciated.
Topic: Real Code Help
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 11:03:07 PM
Thanks you are a true Wizard.
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 6:04:58 PM
QUOTE (Kuf)
What do you want to do with the weekly data? You could make your own weekly data out of the daily data in your own custom indicator.

Please elaborate and maybe we can show you how to write it.

One example would be to draw a weekly Pivot Line (PP). Weekly PP are calculated as of close on Friday not everyday. The Fri PP is plotted as a constant for each of the next five days when it is recalulated and used starting the following Monday.

current PP = 0
If Monday then PP =(price.high + price.low + price.close)/3  {price.high etc are the previous weeks high and low and  Friday close}
End If
Plot PP

In this way PP would be updated each Monday and then used each day until the next Monday.
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 5:08:54 PM
Can I write to a file and then read from the file (spreadsheet)?

What I want to do is use weekly data on a daily chart. Any suggestions?