Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

How do you find premarket movers? Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
bbruin
Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 8:56:18 AM
Just curious, what do most of you do to find stocks that are moving in the premarket? I like to find stocks that are up or down by at least 3% with at least 20K shares traded in the premarket - with eSignal, no problem but because Worden doesn't offer premarket data, it can't be done. I know that Nasdaq.com has some info but it seems like such an obvious service for a charting program to offer.
ocfisher
Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2011 9:35:22 AM

Try ADVFN.com.  They'll bombard you with a lost of spam if you register with them, but the site does have good info on it.

Bill Baker
Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 1:25:09 PM
IF you have an account with ameritrade they have them ready available for you every day.
bbruin
Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 1:28:52 PM
Thanks guys - I can get my premarket movers through Trade Ideas - my point was more of a jab at Worden for not providing premarket data - with this new upgrade, I thought it should be an obvious feature to add.
wehcomsmith
Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:25:27 AM

If you creat account with ameritrade, they will update you daily. Thanks

Briana Walker
Posted : Monday, April 8, 2013 5:12:07 AM

Investors find that pre-market Nasdaq-100 trading provides a leading indicator for regular hours trading.nearly every business day, and it draws crowds of thousands upon thousands of investors as soon as the opening bell rings. W

georgeminton
Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:41:17 AM

Here is a complex answer to find movers and shakers. Take it or leave it..

Create a watchlist with all 500 spx stocks, dow 30 stocks and nasdaq 100 and R2k best stocks -  separate lists. Look for volume 3 million plus for liquidity and to reduce slippage...

Sort list by previous days gain. percentage... filter out the top 10% to a new watch list called top gainers..

These will move better over the next few months than other stocks.

add moving averages to charts use 20, 50, 150, 200 to your charts and look for the stocks bouncing out off of the 200 up above the 150 moving average. If you are going long moving averages should look like

this. 20 above 50

50 above 150

150 above 200

reverse for shorts

At points of intersection you can sometimes get a good bounce - anticipate this for gaps

more info than you needed I am sure but after five years you will understand.... It took me that long and I am still working on it. You are at a major resistance level right now so be very careful going long. You can lose a lot of money here. Use stops on all trades. use risk management. If you are new

put 90% of your money in SPY or QQQ and use 10% to learn the market. It will cost you a lot less.

Note: You can short the SPY...right everybody....

Use relative strength and fair value to gauge a stocks upside and buy a book on technical analysis..

morningstar custom portfolio screens work here. I use this program for relative strength and fair value. buy on price to fair value ratio at about .80 and sell at 1.20

pick stocks that have good relative strength. I use a custom screen and put 1mo 3mo 1yr and 3yr relative strength and price to fair value ratio on the screen. I want all to be positive in the .80 to 1.0 price to fair value ratio.

If you use technical analysis and learn how to range trade, play pullbacks, reversals, and breakouts.

range trades and breakout go hand in hand. Breakouts have been the big winners.... in the last month.

use fundamental analysis to reduce your universe of stocks but watch all of them. Some stocks move for technical reasons and not fundamental reasons. Range trades are an example....

I am not a financial market employee and have no interest in your trading so all that I have told you is my personal opinion and you are responsible for your money. If you lose it it is your fault. If you gain it it is your fault. Your goal is to exceed the spy or qqq by 2% every year. If you do this you will be rich.

buy every dip and sell every pullback. learn technical analysis and learn to day, swing or core trade. Swing is easiest for beginners, day will make you poor and core or trend trading is best used at the beginning of a trend. Buy when the world is caving in and sell when everybody says buy buy buy.....go against the crowd...