Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Big drop possible Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 6:58:08 AM

Hang Seng down 756 points, Nikkei down 329; Dow off 176 points pre-market, Naz off 28, S&P off 20. 

Please place your tray tables in their upright and locked position and place your head between your legs...oh, and for those of you without stops in place, you might want to grab your ankles while you're at it. 

It will really be fascinating to see if they can pull something out of their hats to turn this around.

bknight
Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 10:54:57 AM
Hanging close to those levels, might back and fill for the remainder of the day.  These misdirections with no follow through are killing me.
tobydad
Posted : Monday, August 17, 2009 11:15:17 PM

Tomorrow is a critical day for the VIX. It has hit overhead resistance. If it breaks through tomorrow and holds above the close, it is time to load up on the inverse ETF's. 

My opinion only, of course. I'm not anybody.
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:14:28 PM

Although the charts for the indices are confusing at best, I've purchased SKF, BGZ, FAZ and QID and, so far, I don't see any reason to sell off. But, as usual, we'll see.
tobydad
Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:22:31 PM

Just looked again, bullish engulfing on 1 day charts with slight rise in volume on the bullish etf's; bearish engulfing on increased volume on the bearish etf's. 

wse or someone else would be the person to respect on this one but I'm going to take a stab at the fact that someone is going to try to pull some more dollars into the markets before letting it dive. The profile doesn't let me down that often and I've been getting buy signals on the bearish etf's for a while now. The patterns are really starting to mature now. 

Keep your head on a swivel.