Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Incorporating Fundamental data into Easy Scans Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BarryZ
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 2:04:26 AM
I'd like to use Price-to-Sales ratio in some Easy Scans, but TC2000 doesn't have it in the canned library and selecting most fundamental data fields is not possible in the PCF editor.

I can't even export the watch list to Excel to calculate this ratio and sort because of the (very) limited number of data fields that are selectable in the "Export to Text" box.

Are there any other ways I might be able to associate a column with each ticker in a watch list where that column is a Price data point divided by annual sales number in your fundamental data?

Thank you
Craig_S
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 2:34:37 AM

Worden Trainer

You can display price in one column and sales in the other but there is no way to display or use one divided by the other.

You could also scan for high price with low sales or visa versa by putting each condition individually in a scan.

- Craig
Here to Help!
BarryZ
Posted : Friday, March 4, 2005 2:48:28 AM
Thank you Craig. The dual scan gets me in the ballpark, but it doesn't permit one to easily set up a criteria and stick to it.
Price-to-sales is a very common ratio. There are other more esoteric ratios out there too.

Seems to me that TC could be infinitely more flexible through one simple to make addition: permit users to export ANY of the fields in the data base.

By doing the calculations and sorts in Excel, then re-importing the CSV thus created, users can work out customized ratios like this without TC having to extend the PCF language to do it.
This doesn't provide "real-time" watch lists very easily, but does facilitate building a list based on criteria that doesn't exist in the TC library.

I now have to hunt down another piece of software to do scans based on this criteria. Bummer.