Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Can you input notes in TC for indicators Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Deion
Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:16:42 PM
Can you add notes to an indicator? Ex: I bought a very good book imo by a guy Steven B Achelis called Technical Analysis from A to Z and he recommends 12 and 25 day ROC for short to intermediate term trading. If I plot a 12 day ROC can I add a note to myself on the indicator to also check the 25 day.

p.s. I did watched the video "Viewing Notes in TeleChart" to mae sure my question wasn't answered there which it wasn't.
Deion
Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2006 3:20:52 PM
QUOTE (Deion)
Can you add notes to an indicator? Ex: I bought a very good book imo by a guy Steven B Achelis called Technical Analysis from A to Z and he recommends 12 and 25 day ROC for short to intermediate term trading. If I plot a 12 day ROC can I add a note to myself on the indicator to also check the 25 day.

p.s. I did watched the video "Viewing Notes in TeleChart" to mae sure my question wasn't answered there which it wasn't.

I do know that I can plot more than 1 ROC in the above example but my intention is to give an example
diceman
Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:16:47 PM
Deion

I don't think you can add notes to indicators.

What you could do is pick a symbol. Lets say the SP-500 and keep all your indicators setting notes there. At least if you are trying to remember a setting you have used you will know what symbol you can look under to find it.

Another option would be to use a multiple layout screen so you could be
watching different indicators in different timeframes.

Short-term, long-term and so on.

Thanks
Doug_H
Posted : Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:19:17 PM

Worden Trainer

Good suggestion by diceman. Also, you can plot more than one ROC indicator on the same chart, so you could look at the 12 and the 25 together.

- Doug
Teaching Online!