Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wtheis03
About
User Name: wtheis03
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 16
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: alligator
Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2008 7:59:52 PM
What do the colors of the price chart (not jaw,lips,teeth) represent? red,white,blue,green.?
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:00:36 PM
Here are the steps Im taking; let me know if this is correct;
in personal chartist
click "system"
click "code block editor"
click "new code block"
choose "Line to Int Line" ( under "block Syntax" C# is highlighted, not VB.NET)
enter block name
in code block editor....I delete everything and retype the formula word for word, line for line, with indentation and spacing the same as Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:04:09 PM ET  post
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:45:49 PM

Does the spacing have to be exactly the same too?  Indentations?

Posted: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:17:07 PM
Ok, I tried several times to input the formula into code editor unsuccessfully. I keep getting many errors. "syntax error" is the most common. Is there an on line guide where I can look up the error and how to correct it?  Am I supposed to be copying everything from WBIGuid on, or everything blow "your code here"?  I even tried downloading Firefox and attempted the cut and paste. way too many errors.
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 4:55:36 PM
OK, I spent some uninterupted time reading the Williams book, and past post re Bill Williams indicators, alligator and anything else related. My conclusion is that I mixed up the book with some of the past post. To make sure thats correct, a couple of questions.....is the Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:22:06 PM  is the shifted line block, 5 bars into the future?       Is the Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:59:32 pm b.Works file  (the alligator lines on the top indicator) equal to the following...Blue line--a 13 bar smoothed moving average offset 8 bars into the future, Red Line-- an 8 bar smoothed moving average offset 5 bars into the future, Green line-- a 5 bar smoothed moving  average offset 3 bars into the future???   Is the Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:04:09 PM  info, the same three smoothed moving averages but offset 8 bars into the future, which allows the line to extend past the price?
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:05:35 PM
If i use the shifted line block, will it look like your  Thursday, September 07, 2006 2:22:06 PM  post.?From reading the book, I believe it is supposed to look like that. Second question, If I follow the directions in the shifted line block, Im missing the other three indicators which are in your 2nd bworks file.How can I get the shifted line and the other three oscillators? Third question,  Im still having trouble entering the new code. I have IE which as you pointed out, doesnt allow cut and paste. Is there anything I can do to bypass that. The cut and paste would be much easier.
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:00:48 PM
Ok,  thanks for your help and patients.
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:27:47 PM
Yesss. It worked that time. Thank you. Now, am I able to into the code editor and change it from bar offset block to shifted line block???
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:40:57 AM
something must be wrong on my end. I downloaded it again and have the same shifted line screen from the second bworks download.
Posted: Wednesday, January 9, 2008 9:26:17 PM
I completely messed up. Originally I downloaded bworks from (Thursday, May 31, 2007 9:59:32 PM ). It had all three Bill Williams indicators. It looked great. Then I tried to use your directions from (Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:04:09 PM ). Long story short, I couldnt figure it out. I lost the original bworks. When I went back to download it again and start over, it was not the same download. It keeps showing the second download with only one indicator. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Im frustrated and on the verge of giving up and switching to another product. Thanks