Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jrfitz
About
User Name: jrfitz
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: ADX Crossover PCF
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 11:36:16 PM
Is it possible to write a pcf for capturing crossovers of the +DI and the -DI? If so I'd like pcf's to capture two conditions for an ADX setting of DX Period 8 and Avg Period 20. Condition #1: +DI crossed up through -DI 5 days prior to today. Condition #2: +DI crossed down through -DI 5 days prior to today.

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

Jim
Topic: Weekly 12.3.3 Crossover PCF
Posted: Friday, June 22, 2007 11:20:14 PM
I need assistance in writing a pcf to identify stocks that the weekly SK period crossed up through the SD period 5 days prior to today for a Stoch setting of 12.3.3 Would also want a pcf for the opposite condition where the SK period crossed down through the SD period 5 days prior to today.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim
Topic: PCF to Scan for Stocks in a Trading Range
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2006 1:38:41 PM
Thanks Craig I beleive I can make some adjustments to the pcfs and accomplish what I'm after.
Topic: PCF to Scan for Stocks in a Trading Range
Posted: Saturday, September 2, 2006 11:25:46 AM
Is it possible to construct a pcf that will enable us to scan for stocks that are in a trading range? By trading range I'm referring to stocks that have been trading within a specified price range for a period of time. Range is defined by either a flat percentage variance or price variance. I'd like to get a pcf that I could set the range either by a flat percentage or by price. And, the same for period of time, being able to specify in the pcf for the number of days the specified trading range is true be it set for percentage or price. I've been told that this is not possible in TC, but before totally abandoning this idea, I'd like to run this by Worden to see if they know of a way of writing a pcf to accomplish this. If it possible could you show an example of one for for a time range of 20 days and a price variance of 5% or less and one with a time range for 20 days and a price range of $5 dollars. Thanks
Topic: Weekly PCFs
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 6:54:05 PM
A two part topic:

Part 1. Currently I have a pcf for a weekly (5 days)hammer which is as follows:

(((MAXH5 - MINL5) > 3 * (O4 - C)) AND ((C - MINL5) / (.001 + MAXH5 - MINL5) > 0.6) AND ((O4 - MINL5) / (.001 + MAXH5 - MINL5) > 0.6))

My goal is to create a scan for Weekly Hammers on a major moving average starting with the 50sma and the 200sma, but I'm not sure how to write a pcf for the weekly price at or near the 50sma. I currently use the below pcf on a daily basis to find stocks near the 50 which I put in a column for sorting, but need help in writing the pcf a weekly (5 day) basis. Here's what I have for the daily, but again need help in getting one for a weekly (5 day):

C / AVGC20 * 100

Part 2. Also want to use a weekly (5 days) Bullish Engulfing and a Bearish Engulfing scan. I have the standard pcf for the daily patterns, but need your help for the weekly candle patterns.

Current Daily pcfs I use are:

Daily Bullish Engulfing:

((O1 > C1) AND (C > O) AND (C >= O1) AND (C1 >= O) AND ((C - O) > (O1 - C1))) AND ABS(O1 - C1) > (H1 - L1) * 0.05 AND STOC12.3 < 35

Daily Bearish Engulfing:

C1 > O1 AND O > C AND O >= C1 AND C < O1 AND O - C > C1 - O1 AND STOC12.2 > 75 AND ABS(O1 - C1) > (H1 - L1) * 0.05

Thank you in advance for your help with the above. Will be much appreciated!

JRFitz

Topic: 10RSI Moving Average crossing up through 40RSI Moving Average
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2005 3:55:29 PM
Thanks Craig
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2005 3:54:40 PM
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2005 2:49:47 PM
I'm referring to the topic called "Introducing The RSMA Exit Strategy" that was a topic a few days ago in the Don Worden's Daily Report.

I'd like to have a pcf that I can cpature stocks where the two MAs are just crossing (10 up through the 40) or has crossed within the past two days.

Thanks,

JR
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2005 1:15:54 PM
The PCF should find stocks with the two MAs crossed up within "X" number of days ago.
Posted: Wednesday, June 1, 2005 12:44:09 PM
I need assistance in writing the PCF to accomplish a scan to find stocks where the 10day moving average of the RSI is crossing up through the 40day moving average RSI. I have the RSI on the price and have it as invisible on the chart. I have the two moving averages visible onthe chart.

Thanks for your help with this!

JRFitz