Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: lBigBlock
About
User Name: lBigBlock
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 38
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Bernake put on the spot by representative Ron Paul - enough is enough
Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 10:15:48 PM

lololo.  
Funny Reality.  I really laughed imaging the man with the superhero cape.  I bet you he looks real funny on those leotards.
lololo

Posted: Saturday, October 20, 2007 12:06:05 AM
I wonder what Bernake is thinking right now?
Topic: Four stocks that might give a quick early morning profit
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 11:33:51 PM
Don't you wish you knew Diceman.  Like I said last time.  You don't know what I know.
You can actually find out by purchasing and trying it - you will be surprised how wrong you are.
I wouldn't call exponential data calculations really after the fact would you?
I could show you with great detail how the system superfluously traded the signals on OMEX or any other stock given here or anywhere else.
I could show you by images, but I am going to choose not to.  I can tell you so that Oasis would had traded the early morning break out a little after the opening ang trigger buy signal aroung 6.65 to 6.75 depending on your speed and abilithy to get the order in, and kept you in the trade until about 7.55.
Anyway what the heck, I am will give you a pic of the indicator the day this post was initiated for OMEX, price not included - well it is there but you can't see it.  Just the indicator.  
You know your eyes sometimes lie to yourself.
Enjoy it, and as you know 

Etisy / OMEX

Topic: Four stocks that might give a quick early morning profit
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 9:52:42 PM

I am not sure what the deal is here.  For a small sum of money ($295) you can own a system that works in real time or EOD and will do all of this even better and you don't even have to do any work.  It will play both sides of the trade and maximizes your profits with 90% efficiency.  The 10% left is only due to consolidations in and out commisions, and still keep you safer than a dollar bill at the bank.

Topic: Who is the best discount broker
Posted: Friday, October 19, 2007 1:29:31 AM

Adding to what I said above you got this an lots more at Ameritrade

Conditional orders let you combine two or three individual orders that will, if filled, either cancel or trigger additional orders. Conditional orders are available for both stocks and single-leg option orders (in option-approved accounts).

The following types of conditional orders are available:

OCA (one cancels another) - submit two orders simultaneously; if one order is filled, the other is canceled.
OTA (one triggers another) - submit an order and if that order is filled, submit another order.
OTT (one triggers two) - submit an order and if that order is filled, submit two additional orders.
OT/OCA (one triggers an OCA order) - submit an order; if that order is filled, submit two orders simultaneously; if one of these orders is filled, cancel the other.
OT/OTA (one triggers an OTA order) - submit an order; if that order is filled, submit another order. If that order is filled, submit a third order. 

ADD to that Triggers, and manual routing.  And that is a lot more than many folks can handle.

On top of that have you tried their new backtesting plataform -cool stuff
Get backtesting, program trading and technical screening all in one tool with StrategyDesk. To learn how to use it to create, test and execute trading strategies and make more informed decisions with technical analysis based on historical market data.

Unlimited shrs, and reasonable commissions.

Topic: Let Your Profits Run -- What does that mean exactly?
Posted: Saturday, October 13, 2007 1:32:20 AM

Memora the answer to your questiong is yes - Ameritrade has what they call triggers, which can perform  the same as the hidden stops in e-trade and a lot more.  I must recognize that hidden stop is a much better marketing name for it.  But the funtionality is the same.  Just a set of rules that trigger an order.  Suppose those triggers are not visible to the MM, but I hear otherwise from wise aquantainces in high places.  So no matter what they call them, invisible, hidden, ghost or else they are not what claimed.

The only way the MM doesn't see is when you don't show him at all.  Until them he is blind for you just until you click the sell or buy order button.  They have 30 sec to make up their mind.  I have seen stock drop half of their value in that time.

good luck.

Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 6:53:03 PM
Reality, I suppose you misundestood.  I do not spoil my children in a materialistic way ( I teach them to invest and not to spend), but I sure share their lifes and try to educate them on my views.  On the other hand I would never ask or expect any of my children or family to move out.  Just wasn't raised in that way.  I would expect my son or daughter to do what they are suppose to do and move on with their life as it comes.
My blood is neither lazy or unmotiviated therefore we do not have any of the problems that others may have in that arena.  I enjoy having my family around all the time, and will until they decide it is time for them  to move on and perhaps move away - not sure what the future will bring.
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 5:20:12 PM

Well Dice that was a poetic post you got there, may be you should go into poetry instead of stocks. 
What you don't know is what I know, and that is the problem. 
Your government doesn't put a single dollar out there without the prospect of return, and at the expense and regardless whether it pushes folks into bankrupties, poverty, and misery.  Which by the way the average tax payer finances (and that is sad).
Much of the misery in the world is the result of just that - your goverment or their goverment which involves itself in predatory capitalistic practices.
And I like to add that I like to attached "Corporations" to the government as they are 2 in one.

I don't cry over anything in case you wonder, as I said I am fortunate.  BUT I never forget where I came from, and how I got here.  Now I can tell you one thing for SURE, if it wasn't for my children none of this materialistic crap would mean anything to me.  I am going to tell you again - it is people what matters.

So you can continue your poetic posts, but be sure that you are far away from convincing anyone that your government is NOT corrupt, and your corporations stink.  For them it is not about people it is all about the $.  And look where the $ is.  Seems the rest of the world is giving them the finger.

I have am not sure what you mean by " the fact that you are still here".  I assume that you mean here in the states - well that is where my children are and that is where my life is now.  It is not because of the butter for my bread??? I got enough butter to eat my bread until death althought I recognize that a man without a purpose isn't much of a man - so I make my purpose.

You have a nice day now.

Topic: Let Your Profits Run -- What does that mean exactly?
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2007 4:59:09 PM
Ok It seems we always go back and forth here with the same issues.  Everyone has different goals and trading style so no one way can serve everyone.  
Trailing stops can be beneficial if set properly and if profits greater than the set on your stop - so that scenario would work well and would give you some peace of mind at that point.  But of course it doesn't take care of overnight changes in price of the stock.  And acknowledge that you are telling the MM for your equity what your intentions are. 
So you are not covered from day to day 100%, you let your major enemy within the trade know your intentions, and if your stock is very volitile in intraday sessions then you will be taking a lot more risk than you should if you want your trade to breathe, or you can easily be shaken off on a low % trailing stop.  

You will only make money on your trades when you first ACCEPT (and I think we talked about this in the past) that you have lost your preset % (your risk).  You do that by purchasing options to leverage the trade.  And it doesn't mean that you have actually lost the insurance money (just like you can cancel you insurance policy if you no longet need it and get a refund for the remainder of the time left on the policy).
The option give you peace of mind, time, and certainty, but you must accept and pay up front it is as easy as that. And of course this is different that the intraday leverage of buying and selling options on the fly to cover or leverage a 15 min move.  

I strongly recomend entering stock orders in one order entry system and options in a different one (meaning different accounts at different brokerage)
Topic: options players... an entry methodology question?
Posted: Wednesday, October 10, 2007 1:59:26 PM
No tingull no option info in Telechart.  
Scott looks like you are having a bad day.  I think I said before - if you are serious about making money trading - try our product.  You can still use telechart to do your TA.
Our Swing product will get you nice swing trades (from a few days to few months), and that means more time with the baby instead  of consuming yourself in trading.   Best of all you need to do pretty much nothing - the product will tell you exactly when to buy and sell.  And it always gets you into the begining of the breakout, and out on the top. Always.