Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Tristram
About
User Name: Tristram
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: JP Morgan Global Manufacturing Purchasing Managers Indes
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 3:32:27 AM

Dear TC 2000

I am trying to plot a 1 month and a three month moving average of the global PMI.  Unfortunately I am unable to find it.  Please tell me where it is so I can plot it on a chart.

Thank You

Tristram

Topic: Percent of range at close
Posted: Saturday, September 27, 2014 9:03:01 AM

I would like to write an indicator that will tell me where in the range between the high and the low a stock closes on any given day. 

I would like it to be a % of the total range. 

I would like to put a scale on the right side of the chart where the low of the day would be 0% and the high of the day would be 100%. 

I want to be able to plot that number on a chart as a line, like Money Stream for example. 

I want to have a line at the 50% mark on the scale so I can easily see whether the stock closed in the upper or lower 50% of its range and, viewing the line, be able to see how it has acted over X period of time.

Can you please tell me how to do this?

Thank YOu

Tristram

Topic: Consolidation Scan 15 day
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 2:13:36 PM

I would like to write an easy scan to find stocks that have a closing price within 3% each day for 15 days.  I am trying to find stocks that are consolidating within a tight range for a certain period of time.  How do I write this scan?

Thank You

Tristram

Topic: BOP RSI TSV REG and MS Easy Scan
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:52:56 AM
Would you please help me with this formula for an easy scan.

BOP >0 for the last 3 days and

RSI 15 with a RSI MA of 15 crossing or above/below RSI 75 with a RSI MA of 75 and  (The MA crossing not the RSI)

Rate of change of 12 crossing or above/below TSV of 24 and

Linear Regression of 25 crossing or above/below a Linear Regression of 75 and

Moving Average crossing or above/below Moneystream

Thank You
Tristram
Topic: IBD Industry Groups VS. Telechart Industry Groups
Posted: Sunday, July 12, 2009 1:36:56 PM
IBD ranks their Industry Groups on a six week time frame.  When I Scan the Morning Star Industry Groups in Telechart for the same six week period I come up with a different list of top performers.  Can you explain to me why there is a difference and what the difference is?  Another question is, which one is right?  (One difference is that IBD has 197 Industry groups as opposed to 239 in Morning Star.  Still one would expect to come up with, at least, the same top performers even if they are named differently)
Thank You
Tristram
Topic: Save Scan Numbers
Posted: Wednesday, December 31, 2008 4:40:02 PM
I run multiple scans daily and I would like to have the program automatically save the scan numbers for me because I am unable to access them on a daily basis.  How can I have the program run the scan and save the numbers for me automatically.  Or, if I have to manually start the program and run the scan can I have the program save the numbers for me, daily, for two weeks?  Or, is there a way to access the numbers from previous scans?  (e.g., I run a scan on Monday that returns a number of 43, How can I veiw Monday's scan number on the following Monday, a week later?)
Thank You
Tristram
Topic: Pointer Color
Posted: Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:45:17 PM
OK Bruce L.  If you don't know of a way to adjust the color of the pointer crosshair can you guys put your heads together and figure out a way to do it for us?  I am having the same problem.  Using a white background you can't see the horizontal line.  Surely there is a way to fix this!
Thank You
Tristram

(Reference dchrist310's post on 10/10/2008 and your reply)
Topic: Find Strongest Sector, Industry Group, Sub Industry Group and Stock
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 2:58:55 PM
Dear TC 2007.
     Can you please privide we with a PCF that will help me find the following:
1,  The strongest Sector
2.  The Strongest Industry Group in that Sector
3.  The Strongest Sub-Industry Group in that Industry Group
4.  The Strongest performing Stocks in that Sub-Industry Group

Thank You
Tristram
Topic: Scales
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 8:49:27 AM
Dear TC 2005
I would like to be able to scale the middle and bottom graps independantly. I would also like to be able to write notes, draw regression lines and many other things to the middle and bottom graphs. Is it possible to do this and if so how? If not will you be adding these features in the future? Basically I would like to be able to do the same things in the other two charting areas that we can do in the "Price" graph. Why can't I add price to the middle and bottom graphs?
Thank You
Tristram
Topic: Charting Fundamentals
Posted: Friday, October 21, 2005 8:42:01 AM
Dear Telechart 2005,
I would like to know what plans you have for including the ability to chart such things as Earnings per Share, Sales, Return on Equity and other fundamental data in upcoming editions of TC 2005? I would also like to know when you will provide us with the ability to Backtest equities. Do you plan to include elliot Waves in the future. It just seems to me, as I read articles on other software offerings, that TC 2005 doesn't offer a lot, if anything, when it comes to such things as I have listed above. It also seems to me that the PCF language is quite weak, do you plan to enhance it? TC 2005 seems to do what it does well, it just doesn't seem to do as much as other products. What are some future upgrade plans?
Thank You
Tristram