Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Mark7
About
User Name: Mark7
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MACD Indicator
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:45:53 PM

I use a MACD setting in TradeStation that I really like, and I'm trying to create the same MACD indicator in TC2000, but the names used for the criteria in TC2000's version are diffrent then the criteria names used in Tradestation's version. The following are the criteria names used in TradeStation's version of MACD, and in the () I've included the settings I like to use;

MacdLen1 (12), MacdLen2 (26), SigLen (9), timeRatio (1), series (close), barFactor (2)

And the following are the criteria listed inTC2000's verion of MACD;

Period, SK Period, SD Period

Can someone please tell me which term in TC2000's version of MACD compares to which term in TradeStation's version? Or, if both software programs use completely different criteria to produce their version of the MACD indicator and there is no way to match the terms up, then can someone please tell me what the settings would need to be in T2000's MACD in order to reproduce the same visual MACD indicator as produced in TradeStation when using the settings I've listed above? Thanks for the help.

Topic: Heikin-Ashi
Posted: Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:41:40 PM

Hi, I haven't used TC2000 for a while so I'm a little rusty with it, but I'd like to create the Heikin-Ashi candlestick bar in my charts and I'm looking for the formula to do this. I've seen quite a few posts showing formulas for PCF's that will use the Heikin-Ashi candlesick during the search, but I haven't been abe to find the acual formula that creates the actual HA candlestick bar chart... unless of course they are the same formula?? Thank you.

Topic: Formulas for TradeStation
Posted: Thursday, July 5, 2012 11:48:11 AM

Can anybody please tell me how to create the BOP & TSV indicators in TradeStation... do you know what the formulas would be for these indicators in TradeStation?  I think they're great, and I'd really like to start using them in TradeStation.  Thank you.

Topic: "1 Point"?
Posted: Wednesday, March 8, 2006 9:12:06 AM
Can someone please tell me what it means when someone says to buy "1 Point" above a certain number? Is "1 Point" equal to $1.00 ??

Thank you.
Topic: Smoothed Moving Average
Posted: Monday, February 13, 2006 11:08:30 PM
Is it possible to create a 'Smoothed Moving Average' in TC-2000? And can someone please tell me if there is a difference between a Simple Moving Average and a Smoothed Moving Average?

Thank you.
Topic: M/A offset into the future ???
Posted: Saturday, February 4, 2006 11:37:32 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to create an indicator to display the following:

"a 13-bar smoothed moving avg. offset 8 bars into the future". Is this possible... to offset it 8 bars into the future?

Thanks
Topic: Slightest Momentum Change...
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:56:59 PM
Thanks for your assistance with writing a custom formula for a 10-bar ma of midpoints subtracted from a 20-bar ma of midpoints. However, the problem I'm finding is that I can't identify when a given bar has less of a movement than its previous bar. In otherwords, is there any way I can write a custom indicator with this formula that would display the results in a fashion that would look more like a candlestick or open bar chart? This would enagble me to clearly identify when any given bar has less momentum than it's previous bar.

Thanks again.
Topic: Without a Histogram??
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:17:03 PM
Hi again,

I know you said custom indicators can not be written in Histogram form, but what about simply creating the following indicator:

20-bar simple moving avg. of the bar's midpoints (H-L)/2 subtracted from a 10-bar simple moving avg. of the mid points (H-L)/2.

I know this seems like it should be a rather simple program to write, but I'm uncertain as to how this formula would need to be written.

Thanks again.
Topic: Looking to create a Custom Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:27:15 PM
Hello,

I'm attempting to create a Custom Indicator that would chart the following:

20-bar simple moving avg. of the bar's midpoints (H-L)/2 subtracted from a 10-bar simple moving avg. of the mid points (H-L)/2, plotted as a histogram.

Can you please tell me if it is possible to plot such an Indicator as a histogram?

Thank you.
Topic: Latest Short Interest Ratio??
Posted: Monday, June 27, 2005 9:38:21 PM
Hi guys,

I'm new to the Worden Studio software and I'm still trying to learn how to use it, and I just have a question... with regards to the "Latest Short Interest Ratio" - what exactly does this indicator do? Is this nothing more than an indicator that shows the amount of people currently shorting the stock?

Thanks.