Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mhz
About
User Name: mhz
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Price vs. 200day ma
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 4:54:37 PM
Thanks for your help craig. I see how i was setting the range incorrectly. I was using the 50 mark as my anchor but I needed to be looking at the values on the range scale.
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 4:35:53 PM
Craig, I also have another question. when I put a 200 day ma on Telechart, it's off from my brokers 200 day. I checked it out against (URL Removed by Moderator)and was confirmed. Is there something that is not set correctly? I do have all set to simple 200 day.

Just let me know what you recommend. Thanks!

Mikeh
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 3:32:41 PM
I watched the video. I now understand the condition type better. however I did what you recommeded and set the range close to 100 and it pulled stocks that were way high off the 200. The price vs. 200 was the one that was in the system...I just don't always know which one I wrote as opposed to the pre-wrote ones. Let me know what I should do next.
Thanks.
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2006 2:35:37 PM
hello, I am having an issue with a pcf in a scan. I am trying to find stocks whose price is close to or right on the 200 day MA. Here is the pcf that I am using. 100*(C/AVGC200). I set the range bar to just over the 50 mark to just undet the 50 mark. I am getting results that have the price all over the place in relation to the 200 day MA. Also, I cant get it to work using any of the 3 Condition Types" Can you help?

Thank you!

Mikeh
Topic: 2 MA PFC?
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2006 11:21:29 AM
Hello, I am interested in writing a scan that includes a pcf that indicates if there has been a 50day crossing a 200 day within the past 15 days. is there a way to include such a pcf? If this in not possible is there a way to write the pcf that shows stocks where 50day and 200 day are withing a X percent of eachother?

Thank you!

mikeh
Topic: MACD pcf question...
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2006 2:09:55 PM
I would like to create a pcf that tells me that macd is Low but at least X percent above the low in the recent x time frame (I would also like to try this with TSV and RSI). what I am looking to do is scan for divergences. This is the scan i would like to do...new price low in the last several months yet macd diverging and has already come off low. Can you help me figure out how this scan might look?

Thanks for you help!

Mike
Topic: MA cross pcf?
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 3:13:12 PM
Also, there was one more pcf I would like to see on this. Is it possible to write a pcf where it shows stocks that have had a stochastic cross over?

ie. I am interested in finding all stocks where there was a stochastic cross over...also where the stochastic value is relitivly close to the lower line. Also I want the stochastic values to be set at a period of 14 and the sd period to be set to 7 and the stochastic on exponential. How would this be written on a pcf?

Thanks again!

Mike
Topic: MA cross pcf?
Posted: Friday, September 16, 2005 3:02:22 PM
Hello, I am interested in creating a scan with several PCFs.

Is it possible to create a PCF that will show all stocks that just had a 50 day EMA cross above a 200 day EMA where prior to this cross the 50day was below the 200 day for more than 90 days?

Also, in this scan I would like a pcf that would give me only those stocks where the MACD (14,18,7) is relitivly close to the zero line and also the faster moving line is above the is above the slower?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Mike
Topic: Dividend on Indexs
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2005 10:46:34 AM
Thanks Craig!!
Topic: Dividend on Indexs
Posted: Thursday, September 8, 2005 10:22:58 AM
Hello, is there any way to see the average dividend yield within an entire index...such as s&p or russel.

thank you.

Mike