Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: zencandle
About
User Name: zencandle
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Help with "Latest Float"
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2005 7:47:53 PM
Thanks for the help Craig.

I guess its a good thing this data is not easy to
access and the tro must be done by hand. I suspect not many people use the TRO in their trading decisions.
Topic: Help with "Latest Float"
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2005 11:27:31 PM
Hello all,
I am trying to creat the TRO

TRO = Monthly Volume / Latest Float

If I can make a TRO pfc then I could add it as column
in my scans and sort the results by the TRO.

I relize this fundemental information but....if I can't
make the pfc is there a way I can export it? I could then
dump it into my testing software and sort it like that.

Thanks!

Jason
Topic: Replies to "PCFs and EasyScans for Candlestick Patterns"
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2005 11:06:01 PM
Craig,

I noticed your most recent post with boolean code has

Bullish Engulfing
C < O .......you want the second day to close down?

Bearish Englufing

C > O .......you want the second day to close up?

Did you get these backwards or do I need to get out the old candle books ?

Thanks for all you do!
Topic: Replies to "PCFs and EasyScans for Candlestick Patterns"
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2005 10:44:27 PM
Cliff,

Programing can be frustrating as your finding out. If your syntax is of ANY it will not work. What I do that helps simplify the process is write the code (PFC) in steps. Say I wanted Bullish Engulfing. Its a two day pattern so we work on the first day first. Day one I want to be a down day. Day one is yesterday so I write the pfc to find days that closed down yesterday.

C1 < O1

Then test it on symbol that had a down day yesterday then save it. Then update your pfc's.

Now I don't know the "offical" pattern but I like the 2nd day to be an up close. I want the todays range to engulf yesterdays range. I want todays cadle body to engulf yesterdays body. Here is the total pfc

(C1 < O1) AND (H > H1) AND ( L < L1) AND (O < C1) AND
( C > O1)

after you make the pfc, just make a new scan and drop the pfc in it. Save it under whatever name you want and bingo you go it. Then when that works you can add any other critrion you wish in your scan.

Todays scan pulled 17 issues out of all symbols. It would stand to reason that after the broad market has sold off hard the last two days that issues making bull candle patterns have good short term
(2 to 13 days) strength. Hope this helps

Jason

Topic: Strategies
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2005 12:13:02 AM
What percentage win is a good strataegy ? It seems that would be question that only you can answere. All good traders share this commen trait. They find a strataegy that fits them personaly. IE I might be happy with a 41% win ratio but you might be misserable with that. A general rule is the higher the % win the smaller Risk/Reward ratio. Maybe a scapler is ok with 70% win while a Trend trader is ok with 34%? Be aware that a 50% win system will have loosing runs of 12 in most 100 trade lots. Plan your money managment acourdingly. Also if you test only 100 trades the 50% system migh show 40% win or 60%. Program it in a spread sheet etc to see if you can handle the heat of your system. Heat = drawdown. Once again only you know how much drawdown you can take. The irony is if you have never had a 30% draw how do you know if you can handle it? Hope this helps