Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: djr311
About
User Name: djr311
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 68
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Latest list
Posted: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:39:26 PM
TD, I have been 'lurking' for many months but never post.  I do however read your posts every day.  Please continue your lists and your comments on your strategies.  Thanks for all you do.
Topic: Next list
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 7:53:37 PM
Thank you.
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:30:22 PM
Yes, that's right.  Do I only look at the LR30's with a negative slope, or do I also look at the positive slopes?  There aren't many in my list of 300 that are negative.
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:46:31 AM
tobydad,

On my Easyscan, should I consider only the negative LR30's? Or do you look at the positives if the show good candles, TSV, etc.?  Thanks 
Posted: Wednesday, April 15, 2009 8:46:59 PM
Tobydad, thank you for offering to help.  Sorry I didn't get back to you today but work did not allow it.

I should probably have said that I am still 'paper trading'.  I have put no money in as of yet.  I am still trying to feel comfortable (and have confidence) with my picks.   

To answer your question as to what I did:

I set up my PCF just like yours.

C250 < AVGC200.250 AND C150 < AVGC200.150 AND C50 < AVGC200.50 AND C5 > AVGC200.5 AND C4 > AVGC200.4 AND C3 > AVGC200.3 AND C2 > AVGC200.2 AND C1 > AVGC200.1 AND C > AVGC200 

I started with all stocks (7300+) and the Easyscan left me with about 300 (paying no attention to volume).  

On the Watchlist chart, I added LR30 and sorted the 300 on it, sending the negative ones to the top of the list.

Then I went through them one by one, looking for hammers or dojis, and for TSV26 rising sharply or at least rising up through MA13. 

I only went through about 75 of the 300 since I thought that when the LR30 turned very positive, I should stop considering them as 'possibles'.  (Or should I only consider the negatives?) 

Does this sound close?  

I paid no attention to the volume.  After re-reading your post I now realize that I should.

I really think that most of the problem lies in my trying to replicate your list using 4/4 data instead of 4/7 data. 

Thanks again.

Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:52:52 PM
'Actually, by my count, of the original 21:  18 are winners, 2 are losers, and 1 is a zero (which I guess makes it a loser).'

And I meant to say, 'Most Impressive!!'.
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:50:53 PM
QUOTE (emce48)
QUOTE (funnymony)
QUOTE (tobydad)
Group is up 17% so far. 

the list starting to look a little red. time to exit?

Only the ones that would deserve an exit. The list has produced 14 winners - 3 losers. Also you would not have entered any of the losing trades if following TD's entry rules. I entered MIC 4/9 .. following Toby's entry rules .. if you need a refresher .. its available.  Better yet  the next time TD publishes a list, why don't you publish your picks ?

Toby, Sorry if I am speaking out of turn .. you give of your talents so generously .. while others seem to only be able to offer sarcasm

Actually, by my count, of the original 21:  18 are winners, 2 are losers, and 1 is a zero (which I guess makes it a loser).
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:38:45 PM
I guess I should explain 'failed miserably'.  As I said I had not paid much attention until the weekend (4/11) and since I hadn't updated Telechart since the week before (4/4), I thought I could run the Tobydad scan based on 4/4 data and come 'close' to replicating the 4/7 list.  (Have I lost everybody yet?)  Needlessly to say it didn't work.  Here are some of the ones I came out with (not the entire list): COGO, ELOY, EVJ, HYP, MUE, and NPX.  Today I added VSCP, CSII, and MMV.  None are winners yet except ELOY which is up about $.40 or so.  The reason I asked about your 'next' list is that I want to be on time to try and replicate it.  Keep up the good work.  
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:52:09 PM
Tobydad, first of all I want to thank you for continueing the learning process for so many of us newbies.  You are following where many others have led and taught.  I am always lurking in the background trying to pick up some strategy to help me choose more wisely.  I have read your 'Profile' for quite a while now but have not tried to replicate it for my own purposes until now.  I wasn't paying attention for the last few weeks, and when I tried to replicate your list of last Tuesday 4/7, I failed miserably.  I didn't come with any of your stocks.  Having said that, I would like to try again.  Do you plan to publish a 'new' list anytime soon?  Again, thank you for the giving of your knowledge.  You sound like a great guy.  Don't let BB get you down.  He has a history of negativity.  Consider the source.  Again, thanks.  
Topic: Another stealth opportunity
Posted: Wednesday, March 25, 2009 8:10:27 PM
All, 

ZLC came up on my CCI 20 list yesterday.  And looks like it was up almost 25% today.