Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JLSR
About
User Name: JLSR
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Took a risk today that I normally would never take.
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2006 4:47:52 PM
HaveNoCents,

I'm with you on the JCP trade. It really looks like it is really churning at this level. I also don't believe that retail is going to do well this year. I know that there is not a lot technically to go on, but with higher interest rates and high gas prices I simply don't believe that the consumer can keep going at the pace he has been going at. The comps are also going to be tough to beat in '06. All the best.
Topic: Technical-Guru's Call
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2005 8:16:18 AM
Especially if it breaks the 50 EMA
Topic: FDO short?
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2005 8:10:58 AM
I think it looks like a real good short. Just watch your entrance point. The RLX (Retail Index) has turned over and it looks retail will be weak. Any short-term rally will set up for shorting. TGT has been especially weak the last week.
Topic: Good basic book?
Posted: Monday, August 8, 2005 7:54:15 AM
The first book that I think I bought was The Visual Investor by John Murphy. Written in a way that wasn't too overwhelming and easily understood.
Topic: BUY, SELL or HOLD
Posted: Tuesday, August 2, 2005 2:42:51 PM
QUOTE (bknight)
QUOTE (AirMuskie)
Looks like a short to me.

Why do you think this is a short? Disclosure----Not in my portfolio either long or short.

The stock has been range bound for years. Doesn't look like there is much upside potential. It a person were to short it, he'd have to have a stop above the 10.65 level which was the monthly high way back in May '04. My guess is unless the fundamentals of the company are changing for the better, there is no reason for it to break out. I haven't checked them out, but simply glanced at the chart.
Topic: TXN: Breaking thru 2004 1st qtr high. Count your money, I'll weigh mine!!
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:52:31 PM
Personally, if it closed below Thursday low, I'd be gone.
Topic: C -citigroup
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:45:55 PM
No doubt MS has fallen out of bed, but I won't get overly concerned until it breaks 42.10, which is the low from last October. It has a yield about 4.8%, which may act as somewhat of a floor for the stock. Definitely one to watch. The financials haven't done much lately and I think they bode watching very carefully. With Greenspan most likely raising rates on August 9th, and if bond yields continue to rise, the financials will really be ripe for shorting. Just my two cents.
Topic: BUY, SELL or HOLD
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:31:11 PM
Looks like a short to me.
Topic: Any thoughts on SBUX?
Posted: Saturday, July 30, 2005 5:27:41 PM
Puckster,

I personally am a little leery of the chart. I see the inverted....., but you would want to see it clear the neckline first. I personally think the stock is overvalued and it's presently trading at 36 times next year's earnings. If you're looking to jump in long, wait to see if it closes the window (gap) that has now occurred. If it doesn't, maybe wait until it takes out last week's high.