Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gmnash2000
About
User Name: gmnash2000
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: A revolution in the works?
Posted: Thursday, December 18, 2008 12:18:19 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)

Workers without representation are like puppets of the corporates.
I think it is clear by now.
The new GM standard $14 / h.  You cannot live in this country on $14 / hr, much less support a family.
No pension, no health care, NO DIGNITY.
Look where the manufacturing sector is.
I must assume you are for the walmart culture.  Yeah I didn't capitalize, and may be I should throw a shoe at them.
Lets bring more walmarts and lets keep buying China's (Korea's, Japan's, ... ) CRAP, and I can guarantie you that today's times will look to you like the golden years in not too long.

It wasn't that long ago that I myself was only making $14/hr with a BS in computer science and my wife not much more than that as a 3rd grade teacher. We lived fine, we weren't rich with luxury but you most certainly can make a living off $14/hr besides most of these workers will get a good amount of overtime at $21/hr and probably make 40K a year on average. In the small town where I grew up a job like that is  a gold mine. Not bad money for only having a high school diploma and you can buy a house for 70 grand. Hell, beginning teachers with a bachelors start at 34K where I live, that's about 3 dollars more an hour than an average factory worker. I want people to make as much money as possible but to complain that you're only going to get 20 bucks an hour when you have no real skill is ridiculous. It's an industry based on demand, if there isn't a high demand this year for the product they have to layoff, but I do agree ceo salaries could come down to a reasonable level and get better based on performance yet we have CEO's getting 14 million dollars for companies that are sinking, unreal. 
Topic: A revolution in the works?
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2008 6:29:38 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)

Compare what one of those CEOs make versus your union worker.  Do you see disparateness?

Do you mean bringing the wages here in the US to balance witht the $2/hr in China.  How are those workers going to live here in the US?
Why don't we bring the CEOs salary down and share the reduction with the workers?
What ? The CEO is going to make 4 million instead of 5 - big deal.  What you can't live on 4 millions? on 3 millions? 2 millions? 1million?  
How many hours of labor are in an automovile? Well - how many hours are in a CEO day?

After all there are only so many hours in a working day - what justifies CEO salaries?

How can the union be greedy when comparing to the greedness of CEO's?

How about the fact that per example US is only allowed to sell 5000 vehicles in South Korea, while the Koreans can sell as many as they want here.  What kind of fair trade agreement is that?

Pray the 3 big don't go down or we will see a lot of misery around.

I agree with you on the lack of availability in South Korea and Japan, those countries can sell as much as they want here but we don't get the same in return, that's not fair trade and it needs to end. I am not a liberal at all but fair trade is a complete joke and is being exploited at every possible angle. At the same time, the Union is killing the auto industry as well. They need to go Chapter 11, reorganize just the same as any of us if we were broke and couldn't pay and our credit was shot, we'd file and get our lives together. At the same time, GM makes about a million models of cars and Toyota, Honda, NIssan etc.. are more focused and streamlined. They need to get rid of about half the models they manufacture, get the labor costs way below $70 an hour and focus on what people want, good commuter cars, safe, reliable yet stylish family vehicles and rugged, reliable commerical fleets
Topic: Candle Stick Chart patterns?
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 2:36:08 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)
Did I ever ask anyone for advice or picks?
I am certainly always open to opinions on all matters. In fact the reason why I can here mostly besides helping - is for debate.
But I would never take a pick from anyone, just not my style or inclination.
I come here occassionaly to help - not to be helped.
I really have no need to lurk (as you call it)around here.
You may think as you please, be my guest.

Big Block,

It's just an observation by more than 1 person that you seem to always criticize people unnecessarily. Rarely giving a contrasting view of why that person is wrong but just saying they're wrong. I am willing to be told I'm wrong if someone gives me some information that I can contemplate otherwise you're just pissing me off. I am not an authority on anything. I am just trying to invest wisely like the rest of us here. In the few months I have been coming here I rarely read anything from you that sounds as if you're trying to share knowledge to help someone else, you just come off like the rest of are clueless. All I said to you was that you weren't an Authority on trading stocks and that are many ways to make $$$ in the market. I wasn't trying to act like I know anything else I wouldn't be coming here trying to learn from the great folks on this board.
Topic: Candle Stick Chart patterns?
Posted: Friday, August 31, 2007 10:51:52 AM
1btrader.. I have recently read several books by Thomas Bulkowski on what you are looking for and that is chart patterns, not candlestick patterns.. huge difference. Anyway, he has done extensive research on the subject and how to trade patterns successfully. I find that head and shoulders bottoms and double bottoms work best for me especially if the stock is pretty far from it's 52 week high. It has to have somewhere to go or something driving the price higher.

There are literally hundreds of ways to make money in the stock market and just as many ways to lose money. I don't listen to people like Big Block. If he was so All knowing he wouldn't be lurking here everyday so he obviously isn't any sort of authority on Trading Stocks.

After the big August Sell Off, I wanted to see how much I could profit from it, so I opened a paper trade account Bought as much Dell at 26.02 a share, AAPl at 118.65, The VM Ware IPO at 52.90 INTC at 23.15. I don't need candlesticks or chart pattern or block heads to tell me that those are cheap prices on very good stocks and If I buy them cheap I will make money. Too bad there aren't this many no brainers in the stock market. VM Ware has moved up 16 points, apple 20 points, intel 2.5, dell 2.5 etc.. Then Again some people only buy after big sell offs. It's pretty easy to profit that way. I am trying to build wealth and live off dividends when I'm an old man which you don't do over night.
Topic: AMD
Posted: Friday, August 24, 2007 10:07:53 PM
QUOTE (timmar)
Price, just from a price perspective. I can tell by your posts there are a lot more to consider than just price. I assume you guys are professional traders. I do fairly well, i basically keep tight stops, and let my winners run.I don't know "doodly squat" about fundamentals but admire those who do. I've learned enough about certain technicals to get by. I'm the one who posted about YRCW a few weeks ago, didnt think it would go below 35, wow was i wrong. Luckily like i said earlier, i had a tight stop set.The market will chew you up and spit you out if youre careful. Setting stops, i think thats the #1 rule imho. Works for me. Thanks guys for your responses.

Hard to say. I love AMD processors though. I am a big fan but being in the IT field, I can't see how it could cost more than Intel at this point but it should be more than 12 bucks. Who knows, a year ago intel was less than amd though. I don't know the financials of the 2 but I know the products. AMD makes anything as good and in many cases better than intel so I am pretty confident they'll rebound.
Topic: Who is the best discount broker
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 1:43:23 PM
QUOTE (allenbary)
Gmnash, Nothing is FREE in Waterworld. Both IB and TS cater to experienced Traders. I use MB Trading it is low cost, simple and I get great fills. AB

zecco really is free
Topic: Who is the best discount broker
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2007 12:55:08 PM
zecco is free and it doesn't get any more discounted than that. I have only made 1 trade with them bought at market, executed immediately. I am still holding though so I can't tell you how the sell execution is
Topic: Head and Shoulders Pattern?
Posted: Thursday, August 9, 2007 9:55:31 AM
I see a head and shoulders top since dec 06(ls) head in Jan and right shoulder in march. However once price closed below the jan 3 candle in early april it hasn't closed above it since. In the short term I'd look for it to close above 83.17. In the long term It looks to be in a long term slow down trend to me when I look at daily, weekly, monthly's What do the rest of you think?
Topic: Any commnets on AAPL
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 11:39:05 PM
QUOTE (jtchow)
Looks for me aapl is good to enter now at 136.9...

Any commnets on aapl....

I believe apple is the next google but it's just my opinion. I am not a professional trader or have financial background but I'm a Tech Geek and it looks like they will keep gaining momentum in consumer market place. They are just doing everything right in terms of advertising, products, creating demand for those products and still have a healthy profit margin on their sytems. Believe me, it doesn't cost them anymore to make a computer than it does Dell or Gateway but they have always been more expensive and will continue to be, yet they have a lowered their cost by going to Intel CPU's and haven't lowered their prices that much.
Topic: Hardware /software question for those of you more comuter savy.
Posted: Wednesday, August 8, 2007 9:44:02 AM
QUOTE (diceman)
"Great, now we also support software and hardware issues in this board."
-------------------------------------

Some do

Thanks
diceman

I've done it for a living for 14 years now so it's no big deal. If anyone ever has a question on computers, ask me. It's just a small price for me to pay for all the great telechart and stock questions I get answered by coming here.