Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: PBorden
About
User Name: PBorden
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Correlation Coefficient/Function?
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2007 9:06:02 AM
Is there a correlation function in blocks? That plots the correlation coefficient?
Topic: 1-month RANK, 1-month hold: HELP
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2007 11:43:35 AM
Currently I have created a backscan where, for buys,
stocks are ranked versus their industry for one month and purchased if in the top decile. Sells are based on a one-month hold time. Therefore, a one-month formation period is followed by a one-month hold.

However, if the stock in question continues to rank highly during the hold period, it will be purchased again once the hold closes out. Thus, buy signals seem to cascade one after another in certain names.

I'd like to institute a period of time following an entry where the name in question cannot be purchased for another, say, 6 months or so. Is this possible?
Topic: Backscan entry
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2007 11:48:12 AM
I'd like an answer to this as well:

Regarding backscan entry signals:

On the day of the entry signal, what is the soonest I can get delivery of those entry signals? Is it at 10am, once day-of delayed data becomes available? Or can I see these entries the night before? Or even at, say, 6am the day of?
Topic: Logarithmic Returns (Blocks)
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2007 9:09:44 AM
I'm looking for a way to display the logarithmic returns of a name in blocks player. Specifically, as defined by

St = ln(Pt/P(t-1))
where St = log return @ time t
Pt = price at time t

Any suggestions?