Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: GoodFortune
About
User Name: GoodFortune
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Modeling "Pure" Wilder's RSI in PCF's
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 11:16:02 AM
Jim,

Thanks a bunch for responding so quickly.

Stephen
Posted: Friday, March 25, 2005 7:59:04 AM
Hi Jim
I have been following the above discussion.

Earlier you had given me the RSI5 daily versions of the smoothing type. I have found the same problem of it not being similar to the Smoothing version of the RSI5 daily indicator on tcnet.
I guess it must be due to the same error as above.

Would you be so kind as to post the corrected RSI5 daily versions, both the <0.1% and <0.01% versions.

Thank you and warm regards,

Stephen
Topic: Weekly Stochastics Level Scan
Posted: Sunday, March 20, 2005 9:14:09 AM
Dear Jim,
Thanks for the explanation and formula.

Just to clarify, PCF for weekly 21 bar stoch with 6-bar %K smoothing for previous week would read as
(Stoc105.1.5+Stoc105.1.10+Stoc105.1.15+Stoc105.1.20+Stoc105.1.25+Stoc105.1.30) /6

I think this is correct.Please confirm.

Stephen
Topic: How to use MAXIMUM function on non Worden predefined indicators such as MACD?
Posted: Friday, March 18, 2005 4:49:52 AM
hi,

I have been trying to write a pcf to detect the maximum daily MACD level over n number of periods , say 10 days.

When using the maximum function for a Worden predefined indicator such as MS over 10 periods, it would be written,
MAX(MS,10 ) and for maximum of MS over 10 days starting 15 days back, it would be
MAX(MS,10.15)

Knowing that the formula for a daily MACD indicator line 12, 26 is XAVGC12-XAVGC26, I tried to apply the MAX function to it , but using the pattern MAX((XAVGC12-XAVGC26),10) returns an error.

Could you please tell me how to write a pcf to identify the maximum daily MACD 12,26 for 10 days from today, and if possible also how to write another pcf to identify the same , but starting 15 days back?

Many thanks,

Stephen
Topic: pcf for weekly stochastic
Posted: Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:09:53 AM
hi,
I had posted this request in another thread, but I think that it is out of sight.

I would appreciate if the pcf formula for a weekly stochastic with period setting 21 and %k 6 could be posted.

Thanks,

Stephen

Topic: Weekly Stochastics Level Scan
Posted: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 3:27:01 AM
Dear Jim,

I would appreciate if you could post the pcf formula for a weekly stochastic with period setting 21 and %k 6.

Many thanks ,

Stephen
Topic: how to adjust pointer on telechart 2005 to duplicate its appearance on tcnet.
Posted: Tuesday, March 8, 2005 6:40:23 AM
Hi, I have a question re the new telechart 2005.
When I have the pointer displayed on the chart on the previous version of tcnet, I will see a vertical pointer running through the selected bar. When I wish to change the position of the pointer, one way is to move the cursor to the bar that I wish to highlight, and just tap it, and the vertical pointer will move to that bar.

My problem with telechart 2005 is that when I do this , not just the vertical line will pop up , but also a horizontal line, making it like a crosshair. please tell me how to get rid of the horizontal line, so that just the vertical line is displayed.

thanks for help,
stephen
Posted: Saturday, March 5, 2005 11:17:27 AM
Jim,

Thanks for a good explanation of the issues.
I presume that to convert the above Wilder daily RSI5 to weekly RSI5 , one needs to convert C1 to C5, C2 to C10 and so on.

Thanks,

Stephen
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 11:26:41 PM
I have been following your discussion with interest.
I am interested in a PCF for the Worden version of 5 week RSI. Is this less complicated than the Wilder version of the 5 week RSI?
Thanks Jim for your attention.

Stephen .
Topic: weekly MACD pcf
Posted: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 10:22:37 AM
Jim ,
Thanks a bunch for all your help.

Stephen