Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: zig208
About
User Name: zig208
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 39
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Russell 1000 component list for past years
Posted: Saturday, November 1, 2014 10:54:13 AM

I'm trying to do some back-testing and am looking for a data source that would give me the component list for the Russell 1000 for the past 10 or more years.  Any and all leads will be greatly appreciated.

Topic: Historical A/D Volume Data
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 9:56:08 AM
Thanks Bruce....that clarifies it very well.
Z
Topic: Historical A/D Volume Data
Posted: Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:27:34 AM
I'm trying to do some long-term historical testing and have the following question on the A/D Volume Data.  Is this indicator calculated based on the current composition of the "list" of securities or does SF (or TC) have actual A/D volume data for say the SP100 (list) that goes back to the 1960's, which was calculated at any given time using the then current composition of the SP100 (list)?  Thanks.
Topic: Import historical data into Stockfinder, including delisted stocks
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 4:39:26 PM
Thanks for your responses.  If I read this external data in and am able to plot it, will I be able to use it in backtesting?
Topic: Import historical data into Stockfinder, including delisted stocks
Posted: Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:02:06 PM
I'd like to know if there is a way to import external price data for securities which have been delisted.  One data vendor offers these in Metastock format, so I'd like to know if its possible to convert and use these data. Thanks.
Topic: How to create a conditon for "Ranks in top 0.1%"
Posted: Monday, April 5, 2010 9:43:04 PM
I see that's the case in the SF canned ranking function.  My question is...is there another way to do it...eg with custom Realcode?
Topic: Backscanner in V5
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 9:05:09 AM
OK...the backscanner works fine with other conditions...the issue seems to be my ranking condition which worked fine in SF4, doesn't workin SF5.  Can you please help with the differences between the two versions?  Thanks,
Topic: Backscanner in V5
Posted: Sunday, April 4, 2010 8:25:20 AM

I just opened V5, which I downloaded a couple of months ago, and tried running the backscanner on an old chart and set of conditions and ....game me nothing...no trades.  I checked everything I could think of and tried recreating the conditions in V5 since they were originally created in V4 and still nothing...no trades.  What am I missing or what should I try next?

Topic: How to create a conditon for "Ranks in top 0.1%"
Posted: Saturday, April 3, 2010 11:34:39 PM

I find the ability to rank watchlists based on the value of (custom) indicators very useful, but would like to be able to get at the stocks which are not just in the top 1%, but some smaller fraction of that, say the top 0.1%.  Any suggestions for how this might be accomplished?  Is there a way to create a realcode condition that helps me do this?  Thanks in advance.

Topic: including external data in backtesting
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 10:44:59 AM
Is there a way of including external daily price data in a SF backtest?  I would like to include data for multiple symbols, e.g. for de-listed stocks.  Thanks in advance.