Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: rattlebite
About
User Name: rattlebite
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Blocks 3.0 - Candlestick sell signals
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:33:05 AM
I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a price plot that will color a price history based on certain candlestick sell signals presenting.  Specifically, I'm looking for evening stars and confirmed Bearish engulfing and dark cloud covers.

Thank you!

Dave
Topic: Blocks 3.0 - didn't see this in the Ask A Trainer Forum - forgive me if repeat
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 6:38:59 PM
Good Afternoon,

I'm having a problem that would seemingly have an easy solution, but I can't figure it out.  I'm in a Layout with a System Watchlist for and a streaming 1 minute chart with several indicators (Price Hisotry pane with moving averages, volume bars, Stochastics, etc.).  Say my initial System Watchlist is the All U.S. Stocks and I have applied one or more conditions to the watchlist which light up lights for the symbols satisfying those conditions.  I find that I am consistently looking at 100 - 150 of symbols that match these conditions - so I decide to create a "My Watchlist" - say it's called "Hotlist" and I want to begin only looking scanning those symbols.  Much faster.

The issue that I'm finding is that although I can do this, Blocks continues to scan the System Watchlist behind the scenes.  The only workaround I've found is to create a Telechart watchlist based on these "hot list"  symbols and then make my "System Watchlist" be "Telechart - Active List".  I'm betting there's an easier way without using Telechart.

Would you please advise?

Thanks - Dave
Topic: Julia's Notes from Dallas - January 2008
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2008 10:14:48 PM
Great Job Julia!  I flew in for this and it is totally worth it!  Thank you - Dave