Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wotan
About
User Name: wotan
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Who is the best discount broker
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 8:51:52 PM
Re: Interactive Brokers' software problem

QUOTE (scottnlena)
I've had the same problem several times.. it's been a few weeks now and it isn't fixed.. i'm concerned and threatening to leave them. I was refunded the difference for my first trade where I discovered the problem... just so you know. They are having a serious software issue and if they don't get it fixed soon i'll be switching to tradestation. I noticed that I couldn't modify my stoplosses. This was in my opinion what made them better than Scott trade or any other cheaper broker... including Zeeco. The fact that as soon as I was filled my stop out and target limit were automatically submitted.... I noticed i couldn't move my autostop on some tickers.... making it difficult to manage with the use of a limit only in this volotile market.

Scott, to your knowledge is IB STILL having this issue? Obviously, being unable to modify existing stoploss orders is a REAL problem. I'm curious, couldn't you simply cancel the stoploss completely, then re-enter a new one with the proper parameters? Did that fail, too?